2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
Damm, I got 2% below invoice...may have to cancel my order and go somewhere else
Youre in NYC which means you have some of the best dealers a couple of hours away from you like Criswell and Koons. Do not settle for 2% under invoice, reach out to the high volume dealers and get your bigger discount to get exactly what you want. IMHO, if youre not getting at least 5% under invoice it should be a no-go. Even with the travel, it will work out in the end, less money out of pocket, cash stays in bank, you win.

Only time this wouldnt make any sense is if you are too far away and travel expenses cut into the discount. Remember, you still have to pay tag, tax, and doc fees, everything adds up so be smart and get the best discount if you can. It's not about how fast / close you can get the Jeep, it's about how smart you did it in the first place so years down the road you're not hating yourself or your decision.

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
Damm, I got 2% below invoice...may have to cancel my order and go somewhere else
I got 7.5% under with Craig Benner at Koons. Actually picking it up tomorrow. In CT no one could go under 1%. Train ticket plus hotel purchased with points means I only spent $100 in travel + gas $$. No brainier to save almost $3k.

And I think because he's such a high volume dealer the order came in at 5 weeks exactly!

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I got 7.5% under with Craig Benner at Koons. Actually picking it up tomorrow. In CT no one could go under 1%. Train ticket plus hotel purchased with points means I only spent $100 in travel + gas $$. No brainier to save almost $3k.

And I think because he's such a high volume dealer the order came in at 5 weeks exactly!
The tri-state sucks for getting good deals....if my dealer will not go lower, then I will cancel my order...just placed it last week...

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2

Did you have to deal in person?

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
Did you have to deal in person?
Cant speak for Dfunk72 but I did everything on the phone with Criswell and I know that those how have dealt with Koons have also completed the whole process (other than picking up unit) thru the phone. Give either of them a call, you would be surprised at how much can be done with a simple phone call and people willing to work with you.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Holy cow...called Koons...on an order only 7.5% under invoice...gunna call my dealer to see if I can get my deposit returned..thank u all

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2

Can you tell me how everything went? Where did you stay? I called him today..7.5 under invoice damm...if I get my deposit back, I will order thru him and maybe do a trip there and back

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Can you tell me how everything went? Where did you stay? I called him today..7.5 under invoice damm...if I get my deposit back, I will order thru him and maybe do a trip there and back
If you don't get your deposit back, you may still be better off giving it up and getting the 7.5% discount. The difference (5.5%) on $40k is $2,200.

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
It was an absolute breeze! Took the train down, stayed in a hotel directly across the street from Koons, and Craig was extremely easy to deal with. Everything done through email except picking up the Jeep. Absolutely no surprises. Drove home yesterday in beautiful 75 degree weather with the top down.

Sponsored

JeepJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Jeep Wrangler JL What are you paying on your 2021? 1605190708729

Got this for approx 7% below MSRP and 4% below invoice at $31,902with an out the door price of $34,642....respectable fees and no requirement to finance through them. Kate Morris is incredible and highly recommend her. She keeps me up to date on every step the Jeep has taken. Being shipped now and hopefully have it by Thanksgiving.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2

Got this for approx 7% below MSRP and 4% below invoice at $31,902with an out the door price of $34,642....respectable fees and no requirement to finance through them. Kate Morris is incredible and highly recommend her. She keeps me up to date on every step the Jeep has taken. Being shipped now and hopefully have it by Thanksgiving.
Good luck! After some haggling back and forth I was able to get my Willys for 4.5% below invoice. I did not want to take the trip to VA, although Koons seemed great. All the best. The forum saved me money just by reading the posts. Great!!

letank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cayenne, 2013 SL550 , 2021 JLUR, 2021 992C2S
Good luck! After some haggling back and forth I was able to get my Willys for 4.5% below invoice. I did not want to take the trip to VA, although Koons seemed great. All the best. The forum saved me money just by reading the posts. Great!!
which dealer was this? I went to East Hills Jeep & Bayside. These guys would not budge and said Wrangler discounts do not exist LOL. I ended up ordering from Koons at 8% under invoice.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ

I tried this dealer about a month ago, and no response. I tried email and phone call. Ended up going to Criswell. Was a shame because this dealer would have been an hour closer for me.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
which dealer was this? I went to East Hills Jeep & Bayside. These guys would not budge and said Wrangler discounts do not exist LOL. I ended up ordering from Koons at 8% under invoice.
Flemington in NJ. Dealers in NJ are tough. World Jeep was very good...Shane was the salesman. I figured for the 1500/dollars I bought locally.
Sponsored