Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Is the FWP price the same as invoice? Sorry, new guy
Yes, FWP=Factory Wholesale Price & is referred to as the invoice price. Even at several percent below invoice price, dealerships still make some profit.
Sponsored

Killertraylor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUD
Best I could get in Portland, OR area was 2% under invoice on an order. Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID is where I buy all my RAM trucks and the best they would do was invoice which shocked me. I ordered a JLUR with the diesel motor - my dealer said they are only allocated a few diesel's and that I could have got closer to 6% under if I ordered a gas motor. They sold their first diesel for $10K over MSRP so apparently they think they are made of gold.

ulfjoh

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus I250C
I purchased a 2020 back in November from River Oaks Jeep (59 and Kirby). About 5.xx% under invoice. Good experience.
Whom did you work with at the River Oaks Jeep to get that price?

Did you custom order it or did you find it at their lot?

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Whom did you work with at the River Oaks Jeep to get that price?

Did you custom order it or did you find it at their lot?
I donā€™t remember the sales person. I walked in mid-week, they had a few Rubicons that would work for me. I test drove one and purchased it off the lot.

keep in mind that was 10 months ago and the market is certainly different now. I am reading stories in publications like the WSJ that it is much more of a sellerā€˜s market at this point.

personally, I would check them out though. Give them a shot at your business. Bring in the ā€œinvoiceā€ spreadsheet (I did). They asked to see it. I gave them a copy. Then they wanted to be kind and sell the Jeep to me for MSRP. I told them ā€œnoā€ but I will do ABC$. after some back and forth, we settled on 5.xx% off the ā€œinvoiceā€ number.

ulfjoh

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus I250C
I donā€™t remember the sales person. I walked in mid-week, they had a few Rubicons that would work for me. I test drove one and purchased it off the lot.

keep in mind that was 10 months ago and the market is certainly different now. I am reading stories in places like the WSJ that it is much more of a sellerā€˜s market at this point.

personally, I would check them out though. Give them a shot at your business. Bring in the ā€œinvoiceā€ spreadsheet (I did). They asked to see it. I gave them a copy. Then they wanted to be kind and sell the Jeep to me for MSRP. I told them ā€œnoā€ but I will do ABC$. after some back and forth, we settled on 5.xx% off the ā€œinvoiceā€ number.
Thanks for the quick reply - yes I got the sense that it is a seller's market. I contacted Gillman - they didn't have the car I am interested in on the lot - and they were clearly not interested in a custom order.

I will ask for their general manager and if no luck - then I will contact River Oaks Jeep

Sponsored

JeepJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yes, FWP=Factory Wholesale Price & is referred to as the invoice price. Even at several percent below invoice price, dealerships still make some profit.
Ok so I looked at the dealers on the map provided on the forum, contacted a few and landed with Kate at Courtesy Jeep in PA. Her OTD price was within $500 of the guys in Virginia and no financing requirements or super high fees and definitely closer to home. Base price Willys Sport w AC and Tow pkg just under $32k with very low fees. Will update as we move along.

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
Ok so I looked at the dealers on the map provided on the forum, contacted a few and landed with Kate at Courtesy Jeep in PA. Her OTD price was within $500 of the guys in Virginia and no financing requirements or super high fees and definitely closer to home. Base price Willys Sport w AC and Tow pkg just under $32k with very low fees. Will update as we move along.
Wow, Courtesy wouldnā€™t work with me when I reached out - not even close. At a $500 difference I would have probably gone with them but I donā€™t have regrets despite that.

JeepJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
First time Jeep purchaser here! Have been wanting to buy one for years ever since my girlfriend gave me her '98 TJ to drive over the summer. Test drove the 2021 8 speed the other day and it just wasn't the same as the manual. Contacted two dealers near me with a custom build Willys and so far the best either can do is about 2% below invoice, or $40,565 plus doc fee $499 and registration.

I just spoke with one of the dealers and she said she simply can't go below 1% since it's a custom order. Also required a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit because it's manual. I'm waiting to hear back from second dealer who got down to 2% about the deposit requirement.

Trying to make this purchase happen but really want to get to 4-5% below invoice which would save another $800.
Went to Courtesy Jeep and Kate beat my last dealer quote by $1500 and 7% below MSRP on a Willys Sport w very few options....msrp $34290....base is now $31960 not including super low fees and taxes. So far so good especially for NJ/PA

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Went to Courtesy Jeep and Kate beat my last dealer quote by $1500 and 7% below MSRP on a Willys Sport w very few options....msrp $34290....base is now $31960 not including super low fees and taxes. So far so good especially for NJ/PA
Edit: it's important to read sometimes. I missed that you said you reached out to the Virginia dealers.

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
2 door Rubicon 3.6 with manual, hard top, 8.4/alpine system, tow package, led lights, and front camera.

$46,606 agreed on out the door pricing when it arrives.

Sponsored

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Best I could get in Portland, OR area was 2% under invoice on an order. Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID is where I buy all my RAM trucks and the best they would do was invoice which shocked me. I ordered a JLUR with the diesel motor - my dealer said they are only allocated a few diesel's and that I could have got closer to 6% under if I ordered a gas motor. They sold their first diesel for $10K over MSRP so apparently they think they are made of gold.

I used to buy trucks from Dave Smith but they are not the same outfit anymore. They sold the dealership and their pricing is terrible now, as well as their customer service. It's a shame. I'll never buy from them again.

tankers

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Finalizing an order with Mike Clinnin at Mall of GA CDJR on a 2021 Unlimited Altitude for 7% below invoice if I finance with them or 6% if I bring my own financing/cash (I have Tread Lightly Membership or would have been just 5%). $599 doc fee. Super easy to work with so far.

Ordered options: 4cyl, A/T, Granite Crystal, Premium Audio, Cold Weather Group, Convenience Group (required if getting Cold Weather Group). Paying $38,859 + $599 doc and TTL.

operator22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
2021 Unlimited Willys (22W)
-2.0L/Auto
-Sarge Green
-Selec-Trac
-Sun and Sound Package
-Safety Group
-Trailer Tow/HD Electrical Group
-Technology Group

$43k before fees and FL sales tax

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger SRT
2021 Unlimited Willys (22W)
-2.0L/Auto
-Sarge Green
-Selec-Trac
-Sun and Sound Package
-Safety Group
-Trailer Tow/HD Electrical Group
-Technology Group

$43k before fees and FL sales tax
Where did you get this deal? You have my exact load out minus color and I donā€™t need the safety group.

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
2021 Unlimited Rubicon (23R)
-3.6L, Manual 6spd
-Granite Crystal Met.
-All weather floor mats
-Body colored fenders
-Black 3-piece hard top
-Trailer tow and HD electrical group
-LED Lighting group

$45,630 with all fees and taxes included. MSRP was $48,300.

Trading in my 2020 JLR and I have Method race wheels and 35 inch mud terrains, that the dealer agreed to let me swap onto my new build when it arrives.
Sponsored