Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Was that the advertised price or did you negotiate beyond that?
My Rubicon was advertised at $37k with rebates, I emailed them and was told it would be $38k because I wasn't military. I agreed and put down a deposit so they would hold it. I had been looking, didn't feel the need to negotiate it was literally $6k less than the next Rubicon I was considering.
Sponsored

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
First time Jeep purchaser here! Have been wanting to buy one for years ever since my girlfriend gave me her '98 TJ to drive over the summer. Test drove the 2021 8 speed the other day and it just wasn't the same as the manual. Contacted two dealers near me with a custom build Willys and so far the best either can do is about 2% below invoice, or $40,565 plus doc fee $499 and registration.

I just spoke with one of the dealers and she said she simply can't go below 1% since it's a custom order. Also required a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit because it's manual. I'm waiting to hear back from second dealer who got down to 2% about the deposit requirement.

Trying to make this purchase happen but really want to get to 4-5% below invoice which would save another $800.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
First time Jeep purchaser here! Have been wanting to buy one for years ever since my girlfriend gave me her '98 TJ to drive over the summer. Test drove the 2021 8 speed the other day and it just wasn't the same as the manual. Contacted two dealers near me with a custom build Willys and so far the best either can do is about 2% below invoice, or $40,565 plus doc fee $499 and registration.

I just spoke with one of the dealers and she said she simply can't go below 1% since it's a custom order. Also required a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit because it's manual. I'm waiting to hear back from second dealer who got down to 2% about the deposit requirement.

Trying to make this purchase happen but really want to get to 4-5% below invoice which would save another $800.
Why don't you call one of the dealers in Maryland everyone suggests (Criswell or Koons in Vienna, VA)? They're usually 5 to 8% off invoice, and not horribly far from Connecticut (if your profile is accurate).

Garo

First Name
Georgia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon

I ordered a new manual Rubicon 9/14/20. I negotiated with six (6) different dealers and did not get 6% below invoice. I am paying cash so there may be financing incentives that they received. Also, the only option I added was the tow package so there were not a lot of overpriced options to discount. The devil is in the detail on the price.

You my be able to get a better deal if you can find a new manual on the lot. They are difficult to sell in some areas and I have heard of huge discounts. It is my understanding the 2018-2020 manuals were recalled in 2020. I hope they got the problem corrected.

Sponsored

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
Why don't you call one of the dealers in Maryland everyone suggests (Criswell or Koons in Vienna, VA)? They're usually 5 to 8% off invoice, and not horribly far from Connecticut (if your profile is accurate).
Both of those dealers are actually close to where my family lives and wouldn't be too much trouble to get to. Avoiding a 5 hour ride to me is worth paying a little more where I am in CT, which is why I only want to be 4-5% below invoice and not the rock bottom 7-8%.

I ordered a new manual Rubicon 9/14/20. I negotiated with six (6) different dealers and did not get 6% below invoice. I am paying cash so there may be financing incentives that they received. Also, the only option I added was the tow package so there were not a lot of overpriced options to discount. The devil is in the detail on the price.
Garo, how low below invoice were you able to get? I think I need to bring in those MD dealers to try and get a low quote to use against my locals.

Garo

First Name
Georgia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Both of those dealers are actually close to where my family lives and wouldn't be too much trouble to get to. Avoiding a 5 hour ride to me is worth paying a little more where I am in CT, which is why I only want to be 4-5% below invoice and not the rock bottom 7-8%.

Garo, how low below invoice were you able to get? I think I need to bring in those MD dealers to try and get a low quote to use against my locals.
I'm paying $46,500 out the door. Tax in GA is 6.6%. The discount below invoice should be greater the more options you add and I had very few. I worked it hard and this was the best deal I could get within a 100 miles radius of Atlanta, GA. I think I was around 2% below invoice.

Following are the specs: Manual, Granite Crystal Paint Adder, Mopar Grab Handle Kit, Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top, Window Storage Bag, Mopar Plastic Door Sill Guards, Mopar Cargo Tub Liner, Trailer Tow and Heavy Duty Electrical Group.

David P.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I can personally vouch for Westgate Jeep in Raleigh, NC. I know it's pretty far from OP, unless you're in DC. But it was the best priced Rubicon in the country when I got mine. I spent about an hour there and it was a great experience.
I live nearby and they would only do 2-3% below invoice with an FCA affiliate code or tread lightly, which is BS. They also have a $799 or $899 doc fee.

@Travis@TriCityJeep will give you 6-8% below invoice, which is on par with the cheapest in the WHOLE country with affiliate/tread lightly and dealer financing, which was super competitive!

Garo

First Name
Georgia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
I live nearby and they would only do 2-3% below invoice with an FCA affiliate code or tread lightly, which is BS. They also have a $799 or $899 doc fee.

@Travis@TriCityJeep will give you 6-8% below invoice, which is on par with the cheapest in the WHOLE country with affiliate/tread lightly and dealer financing, which was super competitive!
The devil is in the detail. I would think to get a 6% below invoice the dealer will require financing where they get a kickback. Then you must consider the interest rate you are paying. If you paying cash, I don't think you will get 6-8% below invoice on a order for a 2021 model. Not now in this market.

Sponsored

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
I just got an email back from Koons Jeep quoting factory group order at 7.5% below invoice with a 5-6 week timeframe from order to delivery. I provided no other details (cash, financing, incentives, etc..) although am sending my build to get an official quote today. That's 2.5k cheaper than the 2% below I was quoted up here in CT. For that savings I may do it.

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)
I just got an email back from Koons Jeep quoting factory group order at 7.5% below invoice with a 5-6 week timeframe from order to delivery. I provided no other details (cash, financing, incentives, etc..) although am sending my build to get an official quote today. That's 2.5k cheaper than the 2% below I was quoted up here in CT. For that savings I may do it.
they have a high processing fee but you get an extra 0.5 percent with tread lightly to offset some of that.

dfunk72

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
they have a high processing fee but you get an extra 0.5 percent with tread lightly to offset some of that.
Just spoke with Craig Bennet about my order. So far, fantastic service and much cheaper than my local dealers. They couldn't come close to his discount. Even with an extra $400 in doc fee it's close to $3k cheaper.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Hi, I live in Houston and plan to buy my very first Jeep Wrangler. Did you approach Demontrond in Conroe, TX via email or did you just walk up to the dealer to get that great price?

Did you custom order it - or you got it from their lot?

Thanks!
I purchased a 2020 back in November from River Oaks Jeep (59 and Kirby). About 5.xx% under invoice. Good experience.

farandawaywes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
I recommend the sticky threads one page back on this forum. Yes, I recommend reading every page! Especially the Recommend Dealers thread. The high volume dealers will sell for 6-8% below invoice. Watch the add on fees.

With IL taxes mine will cost about $54k. I paid 6% bow invoice. Invoice is the best barometer to use to judge your deal. Don't look a MSRP. Pricing changes depending on month, model year, options, etc. Invoice is the most steady price to judge your deal with. Convert it to a percentage below invoice. 6-8% and you have a good deal. But again, some dealers charge ridiculously high doc fees etc to make up for it, require their financing etc. You really have to read the entire recommend dealers thread to fully grasp it.

Good luck on your order!

Edit: Also those answers you're getting are typically, but aren't good enough. I emailed 10ish dealers. Only the recommended dealers on this forum gave me a number. All the local spots couldn't quote me until I came into the dealership, failed to reply, etc. It's all a game
Sponsored