What are you paying on your 2021?

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Trd-Off Road
So I picked up my Wrangler today from Criswell. I arrived sharply at 12PM when they opened. My salesman, Leon, had my new Jeep right out front nice and clean and fueled up. He had a few documents for me to sign since we conducted all previous business via phone and email. Shortly after that I went to financing.

Once at financing we had to wait about 20 mins to get in front of someone to sign documents. Here is were things slightly took a turn. I made my salesman aware and when I filled out the credit application, and a few weeks ago that I would put a substantial amount down, that I would be putting $36k down on the new Jeep. Essentially I was going to be financing $11k. As many know, Criswell offers 2% discount if you finance with their banks. Starting on Tuesday of last week I started to ask for the financing information and what my interest rate would be based on my credit of over 800. My salesman said he would see who was working the day I had scheduled my pickup. I followed up 3 more times, via phone and email. Never was able to get the interest rate and had to wait until today.

Fast forward and then today the finance guy tells me that the discount is only if I was going to finance about 75% of the loan. I asked to see it in writing, and I would then take the 0% at 36 months (no 2% discount) if it was truly an issue. He said they don't have it in writing, but should I have been told. I kinda figured this was the path it was going down and I felt like I did everything to give them a chance before I arrived to tell me if they had such policy. It was a pleasant conversation and everyone was professional. He stated he had to talk to the manager and I agreed that if we can't come to an agreement that I would again take the 36 months at 0% and lose the discount. Again, it was a professional conversation and when he came back, they agreed to honor the discount if I would keep the loan for a min. of 6 months.

So maybe this is the typical conversation they have with people, I don't know. Guessing the avg. costumers don't put a large downpayment on vehicles, I don't really know. I will say that everyone was nice and it all worked out. I got 48 months at 4% and I will honor the 6 month payment agreement.

Overall it was a pleasant car buying experience. My salesman Leon was very good at communicating during the buying process, and knew the vehicle to the "T" when I picked it up to go over it. He assisted in pairing my phone and had the satellite radio ready to go as well. It was worth the 2.5 hour drive each way. I was in and out in about 2 hours but without the financing hiccup it should have been quicker considering I was the first person there on a Sunday.

Hope this helps with others car buying at Criswell in MD. I wouldn't hesitate to buy there again, I just hope that won't be for 10+ years!
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, who are you financing it thru? How are they going to track that you are honoring 6 months and not just pay it off like 3 months??

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, who are you financing it thru? How are they going to track that you are honoring 6 months and not just pay it off like 3 months??
They cant track that as it is illegal in the state of MD to obligate anyone to a 6 month payment minimum on a loan before refinancing it or paying it off completely. It is considered a "gentleman's agreement" to keep your word before doing so but its not stopping anyone from completely ignoring it and refinancing / paying it off whenever they want.

As for the financing question, no idea but seeing as his credit is in the 800's I would guess he had choices :)

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They cant track that as it is illegal in the state of MD to obligate anyone to a 6 month payment minimum on a loan before refinancing it or paying it off completely. It is considered a "gentleman's agreement" to keep your word before doing so but its not stopping anyone from completely ignoring it and refinancing / paying it off whenever they want.

As for the financing question, no idea but seeing as his credit is in the 800's I would guess he had choices :)
yeah my credits are in the 800, I have been looking for a new rubicon (expensive)... I like reading people's experiences thru many forums on their purchases... dealerships, their BS never gets old. they are out to get you and to benefit themselves. I guess I dont blame them, there is no law on how much a dealer can profit in a single sale. I am also a person with no patience, if they pull this crap on me once we agreed on the email/phone/text... peace out, they can keep their car. So I am manual rubicon vs a new taco... but a wrangler is very expensive. I build one thru Jeep's website is like $58K with a manual?!? my gosh... I have been reading all the posts seems like mostly 7% off msrp...

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
As stated, they can’t track it. But it isn’t a big deal for me to drag the payments out. I will honor it and hopefully they keep offering it to others as well.
After 6 months I could refinance it as well. If the interest was a big deal I could make a massive payment the first month but still keep about $1k in there to stretch out for 5 more months and pay peanuts on interest.
in the end they honored their deal which was all I was hoping for, I can do the same.

Sponsored

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As stated, they can’t track it. But it isn’t a big deal for me to drag the payments out. I will honor it and hopefully they keep offering it to others as well.
After 6 months I could refinance it as well. If the interest was a big deal I could make a massive payment the first month but still keep about $1k in there to stretch out for 5 more months and pay peanuts on interest.
in the end they honored their deal which was all I was hoping for, I can do the same.
Congratulations on your new Rubicon!

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
I have the luxury of having access to dealer connect so I can see what the dealer paid for the vehicle I purchased and I know they made a killing on my trade in 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee but I paid 11% under dealer invoice for our 2021 JLU Sport. Only option it has is the dana 44 rear and e torque. The dealer paid 36,995 for it and we paid 31,999 including TT&L which is mostly covered by trade in right away. I still have my 2015 JKU but having a second newer that I paid almost the same for is quite nice.

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the luxury of having access to dealer connect so I can see what the dealer paid for the vehicle I purchased and I know they made a killing on my trade in 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee but I paid 11% under dealer invoice for our 2021 JLU Sport. Only option it has is the dana 44 rear and e torque. The dealer paid 36,995 for it and we paid 31,999 including TT&L which is mostly covered by trade in right away. I still have my 2015 JKU but having a second newer that I paid almost the same for is quite nice.
the SRT is nice man, I hope you enjoying your new Jeep.

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
the SRT is nice man, I hope you enjoying your new Jeep.
It was an awesome car. Headers, catback and tune and made over 400whp but it started having alot of electrical problems once it neared 100k so I figured it was time to let it go and I've been really enjoying my JKU since I purchased it. We go wheeling at least twice a month and wanted a jeep to make more trail oreinted.

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was an awesome car. Headers, catback and tune and made over 400whp but it started having alot of electrical problems once it neared 100k so I figured it was time to let it go and I've been really enjoying my JKU since I purchased it. We go wheeling at least twice a month and wanted a jeep to make more trail oreinted.
that's a shame... nice car with electrical issues... I have been pricing out a rubicon on jeeps website but just way too much... I can't justify spending over $50k on a jeep... $40s we got something to talk about, but that's just me.

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2 dr HellaYella Rubicon.
that's a shame... nice car with electrical issues... I have been pricing out a rubicon on jeeps website but just way too much... I can't justify spending over $50k on a jeep... $40s we got something to talk about, but that's just me.
Funny, because that was me a while ago until I made peace with the fact that if I bought a Rubicon with just what I deemed essentials for me but nothing really extra to keep the price down I could make it work in the long run. To give you an example, I have a Jeep being built (2dr Rubicon, could have done the 4 door but again not essential and I like my garage space) ordered thru Criswell (same dealer Xcoaste got his from) and the only things extra I got on it are the LED light package and the Towing package. I got both of those because it requires a lot of wiring and wanted it done directly with them while building the vehicle.

I wanted steel bumper, this and that, all kinds of bells and whistles but realistically, I can add that stuff later, not pay interest on it and remove it / use it again in another Jeep if the times comes. Between the marketplace here on the forums and specials here and there from other part manufacturers, you can save literally thousands by going barebones on a Rubicon and building it up to your liking. Spend the money on what your essentials are for you to have immediately and add the rest later.

I ended up with a price of 7% off invoice on the unit and its basically 40k and some change from almost 48k. It is a comfortable monthly payment for me without breaking the bank or putting major money down to bring down the monthly payment. Check their website out, they have a few units that might be in your price range without even having to order. I can also send you my salesman's contact info if you want to reach out to him too.

I was also notified today my Rubicon is shipping on 11/24/2020 so it should be at the dealership before the end of the month :) cant wait !!

linkfeeney

First Name
link
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, because that was me a while ago until I made peace with the fact that if I bought a Rubicon with just what I deemed essentials for me but nothing really extra to keep the price down I could make it work in the long run. To give you an example, I have a Jeep being built (2dr Rubicon, could have done the 4 door but again not essential and I like my garage space) ordered thru Criswell (same dealer Xcoaste got his from) and the only things extra I got on it are the LED light package and the Towing package. I got both of those because it requires a lot of wiring and wanted it done directly with them while building the vehicle.

I wanted steel bumper, this and that, all kinds of bells and whistles but realistically, I can add that stuff later, not pay interest on it and remove it / use it again in another Jeep if the times comes. Between the marketplace here on the forums and specials here and there from other part manufacturers, you can save literally thousands by going barebones on a Rubicon and building it up to your liking. Spend the money on what your essentials are for you to have immediately and add the rest later.

I ended up with a price of 7% off invoice on the unit and its basically 40k and some change from almost 48k. It is a comfortable monthly payment for me without breaking the bank or putting major money down to bring down the monthly payment. Check their website out, they have a few units that might be in your price range without even having to order. I can also send you my salesman's contact info if you want to reach out to him too.

I was also notified today my Rubicon is shipping on 11/24/2020 so it should be at the dealership before the end of the month :) cant wait !!
I mean Wrangler was never essential to me, I want one cause its cool and it has a manual option. I like that fact I can hook it all up from the factory, but still... with the manual option I priced out at $58k.. even with 7% discount still hovering over $50k... im one of those people hate monthly payments. (best payment is no car payments).. it just drains you and not able to save. I hope you enjoy your new Wrangler, always love the new car smell.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Anyone know what build code 99 means and what 01 means?
A build code of “ 99 “ is a salesperson just itemizing an order in their own system to create a pre-order sheet with options and pricing (except no pricing with the 392) to review with the customer before the order is officially placed in the FCA system as a new build. Only certain dealer senior staff members can actually enter a new custom order into the FCA database, and with smaller dealerships it usually is only someone like the actual order manager, so you should ask your salesperson when it will be entered. Once it is, build priority will then change to “ 01 “ which means the order was submitted, the computer accepted it, there were no errors with the order and it is now in D status. Once it is officially entered and considered a binding order between FCA & the dealer, a Vehicle Order Number (VON) is usually assigned within one or two working days. I was lucky enough to receive mine the same day. I would request the VON from your salesperson as soon as possible. Hope this helps! :fist bump:

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
A build code of “ 99 “ is a salesperson just itemizing an order in their own system to create a pre-order sheet with options and pricing (except no pricing with the 392) to review with the customer before the order is officially placed in the FCA system as a new build. Only certain dealer senior staff members can actually enter a new custom order into the FCA database, and with smaller dealerships it usually is only someone like the actual order manager, so you should ask your salesperson when it will be entered. Once it is, build priority will then change to “ 01 “ which means the order was submitted, the computer accepted it, there were no errors with the order and it is now in D status. Once it is officially entered and considered a binding order between FCA & the dealer, a Vehicle Order Number (VON) is usually assigned within one or two working days. I was lucky enough to receive mine the same day. I would request the VON from your salesperson as soon as possible. Hope this helps! :fist bump:
Thank you very much. I got the Von from that I went on Jeep Chat got the Vin. Now awaiting some good news from the Crypto site. No idea what to expect now. Lol

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Ordered a ‘21 JLUR for 7% under invoice plus a mandatory $499 BS document fee, effectively putting the price at 6% under.
Wow! A $500 “doc fee” is the highest I’ve ever heard.

Doc fees are an amazing invention that seems to be nearly universal now, but there was no such thing prior to about 1990. Paying clerks to manage dealer paperwork has been a cost of doing business since the beginning of time, just like paying lot attendants to wash cars, and paying janitors to clean the facilities, but we don’t get charged “lot attendant prep fees” or “facility fees”. Yet.

Dealers are free to add any imaginary fees they choose. I just ask for the true “out the door price” excluding DMV fees and taxes. That way I don’t care if the dealer claims they’re selling at 20% below invoice and charging $14,000 in made up fees. The only thing that matters is the bottom line. A net of 6% below invoice is pretty good with no factory money.
Sponsored