What are you paying for Sirius?

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
I am in the same situation as everyone else who has the service: I threaten to drop them, haggle and demand and pay like $6 a month, I like it because when I road trip I don't have to search for stations in every city and honestly, I just hate commercials so that's my option.

Do I wish I didn't have to do the dance? Yup, but I can be cheap,
Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
You can't delete your payment info -- I tried. The guy lied to you!
Even if you paid for the year up front? I'm gonna get pissed if this is true. I won't be able to do it until the middle of next month when the payment goes through.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Even if you paid for the year up front? I'm gonna get pissed if this is true. I won't be able to do it until the middle of next month when the payment goes through.
I paid up front for 3 subscriptions. When I tried and was unsuccessful in deleting my payment info on line, I contacted Sirius by telehone. After finally getting thru to a supervisor who spoke at least understandable English, I ws informed that the only way to delete the payment info from my account was to cancel all of my subscriptions. and my account in full.

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I paid up front for 3 subscriptions. When I tried and was unsuccessful in deleting my payment info on line, I contacted Sirius by telehone. After finally getting thru to a supervisor who spoke at least understandable English, I ws informed that the only way to delete the payment info from my account was to cancel all of my subscriptions. and my account in full.
I suspect I'm going to have a nasty conversation in the next few weeks. Thanks for the heads-up.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I finally got out from under their insanity. It took four phone calls and a lot of lying, but I think they finally relinquished their hooks. Maybe. Hopefully.

I wish XM would curl up into a ball, shove itself up my ex wife's ass, and die.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just canceled my wife’s account - thank God because she was paying $23 a month. She was convinced it was the only way to get it in her car and streaming on her phone (which she never used). She finally let me cancel it when I installed a new head unit in her 4Runner. I made sure to pick a non-XM capable head unit (whoops!).

About 18 months of not paying Sirius XM will have paid for the head unit and speakers I installed so eventually it’ll be a net saving for me.

Now if only I can convince her she doesn’t need Spotify, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, or CBS All Access.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just canceled my wife’s account - thank God because she was paying $23 a month. She was convinced it was the only way to get it in her car and streaming on her phone (which she never used). She finally let me cancel it when I installed a new head unit in her 4Runner. I made sure to pick a non-XM capable head unit (whoops!).

About 18 months of not paying Sirius XM will have paid for the head unit and speakers I installed so eventually it’ll be a net saving for me.

Now if only I can convince her she doesn’t need Spotify, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, or CBS All Access.
What is it with women and subscription services? My wife always signs up unknowingly and I get the bill like WTF? Don’t you check for this?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Disassemble it, check the parts, and put it back together.

Wait, no, that’s not quite right…

Have you tried rebooting it?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
^^^^ this
You guys are making me feel dumb for initiating the free year by reminding me of how big a PITA it was getting there hooks out of me on my GC. Besides, the rumble of the 392’s is music to my ears.

Sponsored

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I suspect I'm going to have a nasty conversation in the next few weeks. Thanks for the heads-up.
I had this conversation via chat. Yep, they couldn't take off the CC information. But they did assure me that it was set to not renew automatically. I f'n hate dealing with them. I saved the chat log for when they DO try to renew it in a year. The service is just not worth dealing with the hassle, emails and letters I get every other day.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I have an annual calendar event about a week before renewal. I call to cancel, the pass me to the save desk, they offer me the $60/year, i buy a year and set the next reminder. Usually takes about 15 minutes

also when I traded in my truck the pulled that radio off my account, and held the remaining $ on my account

Still, ya gotta watch em like a hawk at each renewal date

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Does anybody have a discount code for my renewal. Thanks

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody have a discount code for my renewal. Thanks
Just jump on chat with them on the Sirius website. 9 out of 10 times you can negotiate a cheap deal.

I pay $72.00 per year including taxes.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Several years ago when XM and Sirius were 2 different providers I bought a lifetime subscription with XM. It was under $300. There is a $35 fee to change radio ID.
Sponsored