Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I don’t use it anymore, but they offered 3 months free with new radio install. My only beef was that when a song came on, if I accidentally hit the change station button on the steering wheel, I would immediately return to the same station, but the song would fast forward, so you’re either at the end of the song or another one would start playing. If you like that song but want to check another station really quick, then the song is basically over when you go back it it.
I feel ya on that one....I have had it happen to me. I have a couple of fixes for you.
A. You can turn off the start song at beginning in the settings.
or
B. You can hit the replay button and rewind back to your song (even a couple more back if you want).
Sponsored

Dakota Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
In the past, I have let it lapse and then they call and I tell them I am not interested because of cost and they offer me a “one time deal” of 6 months for $15. I take the offer and let it lapse after 6 months and they call back and it goes the exact same way. The “one time deal” is apparently always a deal.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Don't much care for the radio. But curious how the SiriusXM Guardian feature renewals work.

I don't have my JLUR yet, so just prepping.

My understanding is you get Guardian free for one year, then get ready for the renewal onslaught? Can you have Guardian without radio?

Lastly, American Express Platinum now offers $20 digital service credit per month and it can be used towards SiriusXM. Does anyone know if it can be used towards Guardian?

VolvDL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR / 08 F350
Actually a big fan of SXM, but they charge a ton. I was paying way more than anyone mentioned here starting this month....via customer support chat on their site they put me on a much better plan and are refunding any fees above that already paid. Was a good experience.

Appreciate the heads up!

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Nothing honestly...I pay for Apple Music so that's enough for me annually. This way I get to hear what I want to hear vs. randomly switching around stations trying to find something I want to listen to =)

I am still on my free trial but I have probably turned it on 1-2 times just to realize how much I dislike the randomization of music and would rather listen to my own playlists.

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I'm a big fan of satellite radio. Not only can you use it for interstate travel without fussing with the radio to find local channels but you also get a good variety of music options (love ALT Nation) and sports/radio/news/etc. to break up the monotony of just music.

It can be a pain to have to make a phone call every 6 months or a year to negotiate but its always worth it at least to me. Usually pay around $5-6 a month whether its a month to month plan or paying for the 6 months or 12 months. Currently on 6 month for $35 "deal".

Jerrod20

First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
@Walker Texas Wrangler

IF you do a year deal they do require (not sure how you got around this) that you keep a charge card on record / pay with a CC. Unless this has just recently changed... This is why I do not go with a yearly deal as I do not want them to have my CC on record, allowing them to renew at a high high rate.
I use an app called Privacy to get around this. It lets you link your bank account and then generate virtual cards that you decide the spend limits, expiration date, and even tying it to a specific vendor. I have the 12 months for $5 a month deal so I generated a card in Privacy to only allow charges adding up to $7/month (covering taxes). If they try to charge any more than that it will deny the charge. This covers you so that when the fee goes up after the 12 month special pricing it will just deny the increased charges canceling your subscription (Sirius typically reaches out and offers deals to get you back). The downside is Privacy doesn't work with Credit Cards so it has to link to your debt card as a funding source.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I pay $96 a year for the all access package or whatever its called to get everything they have. The first year they sent me an Amazon Echo too. Basically I only use it for sports. Otherwise I use Apple music.

I do have to call a week before its scheduled to renew and tell them I want the same price/package or I'm canceling. Usually takes about 10 mins of hassling with them on phone before they say " Great news, my manager has approved for you to receive this package/price for 1 more year."

Ive been doing that for 4 years. I should cancel it, but I piss away $100 on dumber shit, so whatever.

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
I ordered my jeep without Sirius. I miss it, but i do not miss the hoops i had to go through to get the subscription to 5 bucks a month. I only really miss 125 the Patriot.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I'm currently on a "free" Pandora subscription (owned by Sirius XM) I got via the Mopar Miles app. Didn't cost me any cash but of course they have my payment info. Like @Jerrod20 I use Privacy to help mitigate that mess.

I run hot and cold on SiriusXM. When I'm doing a lot of driving I like having SiriusXM but eventually I find myself constantly flipping through channels trying to find something to listen to. Pandora/Spotify I have much less clicking through songs. I forget what I was paying for SiriusXM but it was some small amount on a promotional deal, I set it up because I was about to do some interstate traveling. When that ran out happened to be just as they got rid of the only talk show I ever listened to which was really the only unique thing SiriusXM had for me, so I just canceled it. When this Pandora free trial runs out I'll cancel everything again until the next time I'm going to travel (or start commuting again) then see what promotional deals are available.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

We like to visit the back roads and mountain areas of the Pacific Northwest and often times radio and cellular coverage is non existent, so we do like Sirius for that. In my current Ram 1500 I make a note on my calendar to call and cancel ~ a week before my annual subscription expires. They pass me to the save team, who offers me 12 months for $60+ tax ($72 total). I agree, buy a year and add a new calendar reminder for next year.

My plan is to move my current subscription to my Jeep when it arrives and to continue doing the same thing.

Sirius isn't perfect the further north you go...being deep in the forest or in a deep canyon will block the signal, but still better that local radio or phone coverage...

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I do the 12 months for $60+ tax ($72 total) but it started with my 4Runner. The free year just expired on my Jeep last week and they want another $60+ tax ($72 total) to add my Jeep. That totally sucks. I do have the app so can use the app but would prefer so have it directly on Uconnect. Also sounds better vs playing from app.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
We like to visit the back roads and mountain areas of the Pacific Northwest and often times radio and cellular coverage is non existent, so we do like Sirius for that.
Spotify and Pandora will download music to your device (I have mine set to do this only on wifi) and start playing that when you lose coverage. So if you have enough space on your device losing cell coverage isn't much of an issue. I'm not saying streaming services like these are necessarily better than SiriusXM (both have their ups and downs I find) but thinking of just interruptions in music I have virtually no interruption with these streaming services while even commuting if I go under a bridge SiriusXM will be interrupted.

asm1125

First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Mine for the year was a little over $60 with fees. I am set to auto-renew but I always get an e-mail warning of it so I call and threaten to cancel. I've been offered around $7-8/month and I still threaten and inevitably drop it to $5/month.