What are you hauling in a JLU?

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have a 5x8 utility trailer when I need to move stuff around that's larger than what fits in the back. Redid my landscaping last summer and hauled out 7-8 yards of rock/dirt/junk and brought home 6 yards of new rock with it. Drywall for a remodel project, lumber etc. Other than that I'm mostly just hauling 🍑 and 😺...

🤣
Sponsored

Baumsquad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Hmm never thought about a small trailer. Thats a great idea.
In the same boat. Have a F150 but my 23 JLU Sahara just went to Scheduled status last week. Been debating keeping the truck, getting a trailer or just renting a trailer. Can get one from Uhaul for $20 a day. Not as convenient to have when you want to make a run, but no storage space needed. Time will tell where I end up. Right now, just looking forward to my first Wrangler!

Baumsquad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I have a 5x8 utility trailer when I need to move stuff around that's larger than what fits in the back. Redid my landscaping last summer and hauled out 7-8 yards of rock/dirt/junk and brought home 6 yards of new rock with it. Drywall for a remodel project, lumber etc. Other than that I'm mostly just hauling 🍑 and 😺...

🤣
No issues pulling a full load of rock?

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No issues pulling a full load of rock?
Not with the Jeep, only the trailer. I could only put a little over half a yard on the trailer at a time. Not much different than a pickup though, unless your talking 2500 or 3500.

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not with the Jeep, only the trailer. I could only put a little over half a yard on the trailer at a time. Not much different than a pickup though, unless your talking 2500 or 3500.
The only thing you’ve got to watch is the tongue weight. Class 2 limits it at 350lbs, which you should be fine at 1/2 yard (assuming 10% tongue weight).

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Have a F150 but my 23 JLU Sahara just went to Scheduled status last week. Been debating keeping the truck, getting a trailer or just renting a trailer. Can get one from Uhaul for $20 a day.
If your new JLU will have a soft top, be advised that UHaul strictly enforces a No Rental rule for convertibles. Just an FYI.

NickJar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RD
I do a lot of projects and don’t want to drive a pickup. I bought a folding 5x8 trailer. It kind of sucks getting it out, but totally worth it. I have loaded it up with something like 50 bags of concrete

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
As a man wise beyond his years once said,

"4doorsmorewh*res"

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
90% of the time I’m just hauling myself, or myself and my kids. For the rest of the time, the Jeep has decent cargo room, or, I have a $150 aluminum hitch hauler for dead deer and other messy stuff, or I have a shady tool rental place a mile away that will rent a pretty large trailer with no questions asked for like $60/day (can’t remember exactly).

E7274E5E-1803-49D9-A245-5134BB6B9DE5.jpeg

This was me moving my garage/shed stuff with my old Jeep (we moved about 5 blocks away from our old house)

Sponsored

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I have a 2021 2 door JL and a 2017 Ford F-150 Super Crew. All I do with the F-150 is road trips and occasionally haul stuff. Thinking about selling the truck and JL and buying a 4 door Willys extreme recon.

But I may need to haul stuff occasionally. Anyone haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood in a JLU?
They don't fit inside a 4dr jeep, ask me how I know

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I have had a quote bit of weight in the back of the Jeep. Entire rear plus rear seats flat loaded with cinder blocks and had no issue. With wood however, it is more of a space constraint. With the tire sticking up being part of the issue. I have had 10-12' boards in the back and sheets of plywood cut to size to fit them. Which is nice cause I didn't have to make the cuts and they then fit inside the Jeep. If you are wanting full sheets your best bet is to rent a truck or put them on the top and strap them down well.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I too haul ass in my JLUR. If it’s a lot of ass, I make two trips.

Joking aside, if it won’t fit in my Jeep, I have a 5’x10’ flatbed trailer with tie-downs.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I built a picnic table in the spring of '21 that called for 8' long 2x6"s and 2x4"s. Took my wife's Jeep and loaded 'em right through after folding the top down. Tied them down to the child-seat latch hooks with a ratchet strap and drove a few miles home from HD.

Jeep Wrangler JL What are you hauling in a JLU? XOCS6052.JPG

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Pretty much like everyone said, if its big it goes on a trailer. Ive hauled a trailer more times w my wrangler then i ever did when i had my 2 pickup trucks lol. just go slow with the trailer and you will be fine. Hopefully you dont have a stick, and if you do i hope you dont have to back up a hill......
Sponsored