Sponsored

What are we going to use the AUX buttons for?

kcjl

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC CRD
Inductive charger for my phone. Would like the power switched off when not in use
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yeah, I'm not understanding some people's answers here. I can understand lights using the Aux switches, but won't things like a compressor, cb, dashcam, winch have their own switches or controls? What's the point of routing them through the Aux?
The AUX switches have their own fuses, are programmable (on with ACC, always on, momentary, etc) and are generally easy to wire up. It’s nice to not have to add an extra relay and fuse to your AUX circuit just to power something.

The aux switches in my F-250 aren’t programmable, but the ease of tapping in to them under the dash or in the engine bay is worth a few extra bucks IMHO.

Also, I’m not a fan of having a bunch of extra wiring hanging off my battery, and it’s nice to be able to control everything from one place...

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
You should also know that there are two additional wires in the bundle with the Aux lines; one for ignition and one for always on, so for something like a dash cam you don’t need to use a switch in order to have it easily powered.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Hey for those with Jeeps, think there will be a way to replace the aux buttons with buttons labelled for their function (aftermarket)? Would a label maker label look close enough color-wise or cheesy? I rather have the button say "winch" over "Aux 1".

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Hey for those with Jeeps, think there will be a way to replace the aux buttons with buttons labelled for their function (aftermarket)? Would a label maker label look close enough color-wise or cheesy? I rather have the button say "winch" over "Aux 1".
I'm sure it's coming...

OP
OP
Bickmt

Bickmt

First Name
Bick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2006 LX470, 1979 MG Midget, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
semi-retired
The only thing I am committed to is a fun air horn and an air compressor....

Love how you can change the functions of the buttons... way fun

So what else makes sense for the buttons?

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Okay giving it more thought.
1 - Winch
2 - On Board Air
3 - Extra lights
4 - More lights? Not sure
Think CB will just go to ignition wire, or constant wire.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
For my overlanding/camping rig

1 - Air compressor - to inflate tires, paddle boards, etc
2 - Water Pump - connected to some sort of water container (hopefully ARB makes a water tank bumper for the JL soon) so I can have running water at the beach or campground
3 - Lightbar - because mall crawler
4 - Rock Lights - help see at night when unpacking gear... And to party it up at TGI Fridays

Contant Wire - Dashcam
Ingition Wire - CB

Last edited:

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Why not just spend the $100-200 bucks and send them to driving school? If your child crashes it’s the driving schools insured shitbox. Plus they teach you exactly how to pass the road test. You can teach them to stay the fuck off the left lane afterwards
100 bucks gets ya one class, she did that, gonna do another one, they gotta spend time behind wheel ultimately.
I got a steering wheel and gas/brakes for xbox and am going to get this new driving train program to help her get used to backing up and all that with less risk to me.

She is signed up for another class as well. Main issue is kids dont seem to really be all that interested these days. Man, was driving a truck in an equipment yard at 12ish, and could not wait to be 16 and get license.. times change