Sponsored

What are we going to use the AUX buttons for?

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I might use one for the CB--programmed to stay powered on even with the ignition off. I don't know, though. Maybe not..
Im not one for LED lights on Jeeps but I might add some footwell interior lights if it can be done discretely.

I was thinking about using one for a radio too. This might be a little off topic for this thread, but does anybody know if the JLs are prewired for cb wiring or if this is something like the JK where you’d have to run the cable to the back/etc yourself? I thought I remembered an earlier thread about this but don’t see it anymore.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Its scary, been taking my 18 year old daughter out to learn to drive... last weekend she got mixed up in parking lot between gas and brake, and paniced.. hit gas instead of brake shot us over curb into air and we hit a cement pillar around a light pole..

Oddly bumper took the damage pretty well. Thank god we kept an old car to use to for kids learning to drive.

Not sure my sanity will survive
:-o Glad to hear no one was injured.

So you’re advising against teaching a new driver in a brand spanking new Jeep, eh? Unfortunately, it’ll either be that or our 2016 Yukon XL which I think is much harder to drive (especially parking). Oh, well. I guess it’s why I have insurance.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Why not just spend the $100-200 bucks and send them to driving school? If your child crashes it’s the driving schools insured shitbox. Plus they teach you exactly how to pass the road test. You can teach them to stay the fuck off the left lane afterwards

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
My compressor fills a tank and the only thing turning it off is a pressure switch set at a specific psi. If that switch goes bad and my compressor keeps pumping, bad things will happen if I can’t shut it off.

Dashcams come on with power and off without unless they have additional modes. The AUX switches are programmable to where you can keep the switch hot so the dash cam can continue recording while parked.

:swear:
Compressors have a blowoff valve just for this reason.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Compressors have a blowoff valve just for this reason.
You mean tanks. I’m more worried about my compressor overheating. They’re only rated for a limited continuous run time. It’s nice to have a switch to turn off the compressor if it’s under heavy use

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Winch and E-lockers

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Whinny passenger ejector, lights, compressor, bat phone

bearcat454

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500HD, Suzuki Carry
1. CB Radio
2. Air compressor
3. Rear cargo and bumper lighting

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Some A piller lights. I know...extreme!

Last edited:

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Thats it ????

Lights / compressor and winch ?

Flux compasitor seems to be best answer so far :)

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Why not just spend the $100-200 bucks and send them to driving school? If your child crashes it’s the driving schools insured shitbox. Plus they teach you exactly how to pass the road test. You can teach them to stay the fuck off the left lane afterwards
We'll be doing that, but here in CT they have made it extremely difficult to get licensed as a teen... nothing like when I was 16. From the CT DMV web site: 30 hours of classroom training, plus 40 hours of behind-the-wheel practice.

That 30 hours of classroom training is more like $500 where I live, not $100-$200... comes with some on-road training, but no where near 40 hours.

Also, I'm going to be teaching him to drive on a manual. No driving school offers that.

<shrug> I'm not too worried. He'll do fine, and if not I'm sure those 2019 Wranglers will be really nice, too. ;)

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Im not one for LED lights on Jeeps but I might add some footwell interior lights if it can be done discretely.

I was thinking about using one for a radio too. This might be a little off topic for this thread, but does anybody know if the JLs are prewired for cb wiring or if this is something like the JK where you’d have to run the cable to the back/etc yourself? I thought I remembered an earlier thread about this but don’t see it anymore.

Yeah this was floated a while back but it's not true. See thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...cb-radio-pre-wired-in-new-wrangler.751/page-3

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
1) CB (mounted under the seat so aux switch much more convenient for on/off)
2) light bar
3) well lights
4) under hood compressor
Sponsored