Sponsored

What are we going to use the AUX buttons for?

Bickmt

First Name
Bick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2006 LX470, 1979 MG Midget, 2017 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
semi-retired
Like a lot of people, I am wondering what to use the AUX buttons for.... any ideas?
Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Like a lot of people, I am wondering what to use the AUX buttons for.... any ideas?
3 light bars and a solenoid for the winch

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I might use one for the CB--programmed to stay powered on even with the ignition off. I don't know, though. Maybe not.

Certainly I'll use one for the 14 inch light bar I'm sticking on the front bumper, eventually.

I've heard people say they'll use it for their winch, but why? The remote is what I use for winching, not a switch on the dash, plus it isn't really the right kind of switch for that, being just on/off. I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm curious to hear what others might do with them.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Aux Lights
E-Locker

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I might use one for the CB--programmed to stay powered on even with the ignition off. I don't know, though. Maybe not.

Certainly I'll use one for the 14 inch light bar I'm sticking on the front bumper, eventually.

I've heard people say they'll use it for their winch, but why? The remote is what I use for winching, not a switch on the dash, plus it isn't really the right kind of switch for that, being just on/off. I'm not sure how that would work.

I'm curious to hear what others might do with them.
Im not sure what I'm going to use mine for, probably a CB and then??? It can be more than just on/off though, It is programmed through uconnect. From the stand alone package description....

Control up to 4 interior or exterior accessories and keep the factory trim look. Designed to work with your Wranglers UConnect system, this kit allows for custom programming of your new auxiliary switches for features such as constant power to allow your accessory to work while the Jeep is turned off or switched power so your accessory will turn off when your Jeep is turned off so as not to drain your battery. Switches can also be used as momentary switches where the switch is only active while you are pressing the button or latched switches for one touch on or off.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Right now I have my light bar on #1, #2 empty and the winch in/out on the other 2. I still have a remote for when I’m outside and want to do some winching.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Passenger ejection seat control.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Rough Valentines day? hehe
LOL. Negative. I was thinking for my soon to be 16 year old’s use, since I’ll be teaching him to drive stick in the JL this summer (should it get here by then).

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I have my light bar on #1, #2 empty and the winch in/out on the other 2. I still have a remote for when I’m outside and want to do some winching.
I would like to see how you wire up the winch on those switches. What winch do you have?