What are these straps for -- 2dr Soft top

rfranny

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2-dr
Not sure if it’s been posted and might be a bit of a dumb question but does anybody know what these straps are for? They’re already looped and have buttons on them I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find what they connect to.
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these straps for -- 2dr Soft top C00F705B-5883-4D30-90CE-3DA320437336
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not a soft top owner, but I believe those are to hold the back window open when you have it rolled up. I’m sure someone will be able to confirm what they are…

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Not sure if it’s been posted and might be a bit of a dumb question but does anybody know what these straps are for? They’re already looped and have buttons on them I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find what they connect to.
Jeep Wrangler JL What are these straps for -- 2dr Soft top C00F705B-5883-4D30-90CE-3DA320437336

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The JL-generation rear window should not be rolled up. The full-length retention channel tabs will likely be damaged if the owner attempts to roll the window.

The straps that accompanied my soft top Wrangler are intended to loop around the folding frame when the top is lowered, so as to mitigate or prevent movement when driving.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Like Heimkehr said, they are "supposed" to help hold the top down when it is retracted. The problem that I encountered is that they are not quite long enough and the snaps aren't quite strong enough. I just use two velcro straps. They work much better than the snap straps do any way.
Sponsored