Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase
@silversgrfx!!!! You are awesome! I saw those on a Jeep during a trail run. The guy told me where he got them and then I forgot and have been looking for them ever since.

I really like that design and the quality is great. My only question is how easily they mount/unmount. What are your impressions?

Thanks for the post.
Mine are being delivered by Friday. Having watched some install videos on youtube it looks pretty easy and simple. Just pop of the bolt cover caps on the top of the pillar grab handles and unbolt the bolt. Then bolt in the ball joint. Then the mirror will just slide into the attachment ring and looks like some sort of tension screw to tighten in place.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are being delivered by Friday. Having watched some install videos on youtube it looks pretty easy and simple. Just pop of the bolt cover caps on the top of the pillar grab handles and unbolt the bolt. Then bolt in the ball joint. Then the mirror will just slide into the attachment ring and looks like some sort of tension screw to tighten in place.
How do they look?

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Some tube doors have side mirror attachment options, but if you're wanting to just be doorless, the best mirror option is from carolina metal masters:

https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...mm-jl-side-mirrors-with-1-ball-mount-solution

Pricey, but the only mirror option for the JL that doen't look cheap and won't fail when driving on the highways. They have them on sale right now and when I bought mine I used the code WF10 and got a extra 10% off. They do take a couple of weeks for delivery currently.
I have these mirrors. The hands down best accessory I have bought for my jl !

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
@silversgrfx!!!! You are awesome! I saw those on a Jeep during a trail run. The guy told me where he got them and then I forgot and have been looking for them ever since.

I really like that design and the quality is great. My only question is how easily they mount/unmount. What are your impressions?

Thanks for the post.
I have them also. The first time you mount them, you have to install their enclosed bracket- takes 5 minutes per side. After that, the mirrors and stem line right up. The quality is flawless!!!! Beat purchase fir my Jeep yet.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Keep kids, dogs, and wives from falling out :like:
I thought that's what a seatbelt was for?

And a tube door won't keep a dog inside unless it's too big to fit between the tubes and also too small to fall over the top of them.

I always thought the only point of tube doors was to provide a small amount of crash protection.

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just don't see them providing all that much added security in the event of a crash/roll-over. However, I don't want t test that theory!! Lol.

They do look cool cool though. And good idea for mounting the side mirrors @MTKMAN. I tried the cheap door hinge version and they were worthless.

I do have kids, but don't remove the rear doors when they ride with me. They are still too young to understand how it works. They would probably just chuck their toys/water bottles/whatever right out the door.
Same as our RZR when we rolled it. your legs wont come out. if you dont have nothing there if you were to rol it your legs will come out and might get crushed. seen it happen on a Yamaha rhino. thats why the rhino and EVERYONE of the UTVs now all have some kind of door even if its a bar going across .Anything to keep your legs from coming out. and trust me from experience they will

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just don't see them providing all that much added security in the event of a crash/roll-over. However, I don't want t test that theory!! Lol.

They do look cool cool though. And good idea for mounting the side mirrors @MTKMAN. I tried the cheap door hinge version and they were worthless.

I do have kids, but don't remove the rear doors when they ride with me. They are still too young to understand how it works. They would probably just chuck their toys/water bottles/whatever right out the door.
Like I said if you were to roll it the doors will keep your legs in just like it did on our RZR. Iam telling you your legs will come out and maybe get crushed if theres nothing there to keep them in. anything is better then nothing

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Some of the doors like the Rugged Ridge that Motor city shows above will not likely keep your legs in, they are a poor design. I could not be happier with the Matrix doors and 1/3rd to 1/2 the cost of many of the others, plus they have the mesh to keep you in.

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Some of the doors like the Rugged Ridge that Motor city shows above will not likely keep your legs in, they are a poor design. I could not be happier with the Matrix doors and 1/3rd to 1/2 the cost of many of the others, plus they have the mesh to keep you in.

mirrors%204_zpsvkik7ier.jpg
if you go through any trails with any branches or stick sticking out you've got about a 80% chance sticks or limbs are going to stick in through the nets and do some damage. We had the nets on my RZRat 1st and going through the trails at the sand dunesand at lake Murray we had branches sticking in whipping in that's in Poconos maybe you don't go to trails where sticks and branches are because there's no way branches or sticks will not stick in those nets that's common sense. Here's the net we had at first and they were getting ripped from branches getting caught and I'm talking tree limbs and such. Maybe you'll never have tree limbs sticking out on trails because of you do you can't tell me they won't poke in. Here's the photos you're telling me those nets were safer than my panels

1331081124890.jpg

20161224_075631.jpg

mjf4241

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I live in Texas now, originally from Ohio, and it’s pretty much “anything goes” down here. You can still legally ride in the back of a pickup.

Looking into a rear bumper delete because that’s also legal...
Yesterday I drove to work with top off and doors off......in my police uniform. The looks I got....lol.....wish I had taken a selfie...

20190608_133437.jpg

OP
OP
ATXMTB

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback Jammer. I see them helping keep limbs inside the vehicle during a rollover. I hope to never experience one though I do some intermediate rock crawling. I prefer no doors while off-roading.

I think everyone’s thoughts have convinced me to start looking into getting a set.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
if you go through any trails with any branches or stick sticking out you've got about a 80% chance sticks or limbs are going to stick in through the nets and do some damage. We had the nets on my RZRat 1st and going through the trails at the sand dunesand at lake Murray we had branches sticking in whipping in that's in Poconos maybe you don't go to trails where sticks and branches are because there's no way branches or sticks will not stick in those nets that's common sense. Here's the net we had at first and they were getting ripped from branches getting caught and I'm talking tree limbs and such. Maybe you'll never have tree limbs sticking out on trails because of you do you can't tell me they won't poke in. Here's the photos you're telling me those nets were safer than my panels

1331081124890.jpg

20161224_075631.jpg
I do not think that most here are taking their new $40--$50K rigs through branches and limbs that would penetrate the cab, if that is happening your paint is getting tore up as well. Those that may I would assume proceed with caution. So are you suggesting that no mesh is better?

Based on your argument we should never take off our stock doors, or take the top off because something could fall on me or I may roll over.

Considering that there are little options for solid half doors and then there are NO options for upper windows (right now) for half doors or tube doors what is your point?.

Sorry but that was a weak comparison especially comparing a RZR.
Sponsored