Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

dieseljlu

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
About 2 dozen comments while filling up... “I didn’t know they made those in diesel”, then they proceed to get in their Camry, Accord, or POS crossover.

Dumb ass comments from people that are not car guys or Jeep guys.
I have been legitimately STOPPED by men at gas stations twice now who briskly walk up yelling "That's diesel! You'll ruin your engine." Bro... it IS a diesel.

Still cannot beat the time in rural Kentucky that a man came out of an auto parts store to stop me from putting DEF in the diesel. He honestly thought I was confused and putting DEF in a gas engine. Had to show him the DEF cap and the green diesel cap for him to leave me alone.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I have been legitimately STOPPED by men at gas stations twice now who briskly walk up yelling "That's diesel! You'll ruin your engine." Bro... it IS a diesel.

Still cannot beat the time in rural Kentucky that a man came out of an auto parts store to stop me from putting DEF in the diesel. He honestly thought I was confused and putting DEF in a gas engine. Had to show him the DEF cap and the green diesel cap for him to leave me alone.
people are nice there, they even walk up and try to warn you. People here will just watch and let you burn..

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Nvm...got 205.d

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I hooked my leg on the winch on my TJ once and fell. It was the only time I regreated a 4" lift and 35s.
Lol. Sorry I actually laughed. I misstepped and fell off the steps going up to the cat walk on my rig once. No one saw.

I fell out of my Jeep while it was parked next to the cabin at an Offroad park. I was getting something out of the center console. It was Around midnight. (Jeep had been parked for a couple hours) Long day of trails. Big dinner afterwards. Campfire and music. I’ll let you fill in the rest of the story.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
A guy working at the gas station said my wifes jeep would look good with an angry bird grill. Normally I'd think someone was joking when they said that but he was very adamant.
Yep - had a work colleague comment how much he liked the angry bird grill…I shared my contrary opinion..

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hmm in the 6 years I've had a Jeep I've never had somebody tell me something dumb about it.

"Have you ever fallen out of your Jeep?" pretty much takes the cake.
I bought power retracting sidesteps for my Jeep to make it easier for my mom to get in. The harness was setup assuming I'd want a switch on my dashboard, but I could never be bothered to drill a hole in my dashboard, so it hangs under the dash. One day it found its way out of the place I stuffed it, and I managed to turn the switch off with my left foot.

I didn't realize that, and didn't notice that the step didn't deploy when I opened my door to get out. So I turned around, stuck my foot out to climb out, and.. fell/stumbled out of the Jeep in the most clumsy way possible. I didn't fall down to the ground, but I banged one of my legs against the rail and somehow managed to scratch myself lol.

I'm sure somebody thought I was drunk. I felt so dumb. xD

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, I used my 2002 Volvo as a trade in for my 2021 JLU. The Volvo was practically worthless!
Meanwhile, 2002 Wranglers in even semi-decent shape are fetching $10k or more. It’s insane. Kinda makes me sad because I’d really like to get a stock clean TJ but there’s no way I can swing that right now.