Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I always had positive comments from people.
However after that some people say "I would buy one but they are not dependable like Japanese vehicles".

I just laugh and tell them " Yeah you are right! But you can not do what I do in a Lexus!"
The conversation either stops right there or we talk more and I tell them my other vehicles in my family are another jeep, Acura MDX and a VW GTR.

I finish with the conversation with life is short and I will always like my Jeep over any other vehicle.
Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
Several times, you know how dangerous they are on the road, they roll over.

What do you get for gas mileage? Wow I get at least double that! Well I didn't buy it because of the gas mileage or lack of it.

Do you take that off the road? Of course I do, doesn't look like it! Do you want to look underneath to see where it's slid off of rocks and ledges?

I like your car or truck - it's neither it's a JEEP!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite are the parents with kids. The area I live in now has a ton of families and I'm discovering that kids love Jeeps. And the wilder the Jeep, the more their eyes bug out and the bigger they smile. I love waving at them when I drive by, they're always so excited!

Then I came out of the grocery store the other day and there was a father and his young daughter checking out my doorless, topless Jeep and the father was all "My daughter loves your Jeep!" Asked a ton of questions about it and said he was probably going to get one when she got a little older.

It was heartwarming. Things like that make up for all the dumb comments by a mile!
This reminded me of a few months ago... I had the chance to have two, a 9 and 11 year old, autistic boys in my Jeep for a trail ride. The chaperone said we're cool with whatever you are comfortable doing at which point a big smile came over my face and I said "Get ready for some fun". We were headed down this REALLY steep rock and he looks back and the boys had smiles from ear to ear. Made my heart smile.
Later we had the chance to do some serious ripping on some sand dunes and sand roads and these little monkeys are in the back seat yelling "Faster Faster!!! Beat him!!" referring to my buddy in another Jeep. I called them my little adrenaline monkeys. It was such a great experience for all of us and one of those touching moments where my love of off roading was able be shared with these little monkeys and put a big smile on their faces.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
This reminded me of a few months ago... I had the chance to have two, a 9 and 11 year old, autistic boys in my Jeep for a trail ride. The chaperone said we're cool with whatever you are comfortable doing at which point a big smile came over my face and I said "Get ready for some fun". We were headed down this REALLY steep rock and he looks back and the boys had smiles from ear to ear. Made my heart smile.
Later we had the chance to do some serious ripping on some sand dunes and sand roads and these little monkeys are in the back seat yelling "Faster Faster!!! Beat him!!" referring to my buddy in another Jeep. I called them my little adrenaline monkeys. It was such a great experience for all of us and one of those touching moments where my love of off roading was able be shared with these little monkeys and put a big smile on their faces.

Funny, I was yelling some of those same things from the back of a police car recently. I had big smiles but I don't think the officers heart smiled at all. Makes you wonder why he even gave me a ride in the first place.🤔

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a triforce from Zelda in the front of your jeep? Damn right it is......

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
That's a great story! My 6 yr old has autism, and the first person to realize that a Jeep could be used as therapy for him was my father. It turned into an incentive for my dude after a good day of behavior, that my dad would take the top down and take him on a Jeep ride. We lost my dad suddenly a few months ago and it wasn't until I drove his Jeep with my son that I saw just how calm he became. His therapist said as the wind rushes past him its almost like my son can see the boundaries that we are all able to see normally. I knew then that we had to get one. Now, having a Jeep of our own, my son asks for rides regularly, or if I can see a pattern of behavior coming I'll suggest we hop in the Jeep and we just ride, or bump or whatever we can get into.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great story! My 6 yr old has autism, and the first person to realize that a Jeep could be used as therapy for him was my father. It turned into an incentive for my dude after a good day of behavior, that my dad would take the top down and take him on a Jeep ride. We lost my dad suddenly a few months ago and it wasn't until I drove his Jeep with my son that I saw just how calm he became. His therapist said as the wind rushes past him its almost like my son can see the boundaries that we are all able to see normally. I knew then that we had to get one. Now, having a Jeep of our own, my son asks for rides regularly, or if I can see a pattern of behavior coming I'll suggest we hop in the Jeep and we just ride, or bump or whatever we can get into.
That is freaking awesome!! Sorry for the loss of your dad but it's great that he got to impart that gift to you before he left.
I was concerned the boys might get overloaded or over stimulated and the chaperone said that when it's something so over the top like doors off, top off, out in the desert climbing over rocks that instead of overwhelming them it calms them down. They were SOOOOO well behaved and a joy to wheel with. Now, when we stopped for lunch I got to see the autism in action... wooowheeee they were all over the place... lol. But back in the Jeep the calm button was pushed and we were off.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
That is freaking awesome!! Sorry for the loss of your dad but it's great that he got to impart that gift to you before he left.
I was concerned the boys might get overloaded or over stimulated and the chaperone said that when it's something so over the top like doors off, top off, out in the desert climbing over rocks that instead of overwhelming them it calms them down. They were SOOOOO well behaved and a joy to wheel with. Now, when we stopped for lunch I got to see the autism in action... wooowheeee they were all over the place... lol. But back in the Jeep the calm button was pushed and we were off.
Yes, take them out of the Jeep and the behavior can be challenging. The pool has the same affect for my kid. I am so pleased that I was able to realize this before my Dad passed. My sons and I went on a Jeep ride with my Dad just after this last Christmas and I got to see it in action. Top came off and it was the most placid I have ever seen my boy. That was a gift for sure. Now, every time we are riding around together it helps my son and I feel a little closer to my pops, which is nice also. Cheers to you for volunteering your time to hang with some kiddos that likely wouldn't have opportunities such as that without the generosity of the Jeep community! Another reason I dig it.

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
That is a dumb comment... Prolly the largest market segment of new Jeep buyers these days are guys our age (or older).

In fact, one of the more astute observations I see people making these days is "Hey, you got a new Jeep! When did you retire?"
That's closer to the truth for me having retired but I did have a 95 YJ Wrangler when I was younger.
Not many folks under 25 wheeling a JLU unless daddy bought it for them !

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

The typical "Those things are unreliable would never own a jeep"

To which I said "Yeah your Volvo is worth about 40% of MSRP after 4 years, my Wrangler is still at 75%"

Generally makes them run to google I think LOL

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov

To which I said "Yeah your Volvo is worth about 40% of MSRP after 4 years, my Wrangler is still at 75%"

Probably get better than that with some of these current used prices…

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
As I'm sitting in a parking lot with the engine running, radio playing and windows open, dude leans on passenger door window sill and asks: "Is this your Jeep?"
“Nope, can’t find first. You drive a stick?”

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon

Funny, I used my 2002 Volvo as a trade in for my 2021 JLU. The Volvo was practically worthless!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S

Depends how much you rack up on repairs for the jeep lol
Sponsored