Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Cant trust toyota fans. They tell you how they drove it for xxx,xxx miles and only replaced the oil and battery. They leave out the fact they just had major work done to it. Theyll never tell you their actual problems along the way.
I've put over 500,000 miles on five Toyota products over three decades, including a Corolla, a 4runner, and three RXs. The only major issue I had was the 4runner throwing a rod through the engine block. Toyota sent a team to investigate it and found no record of the original owner ever changing the oil over her 20k miles of ownership....yet still replaced it with a new engine, free of charge, since it was still under the 36k mile warranty. That made me brand loyal at a young age.

Twenty years later, one of my RXs had a bad O2 sensor that triggered the anti-locks randomly, which was again fixed free of charge even at 90k miles. Other than that, no issues. Toyota is not a cult. Objective and quantitative studies support the brand's reputation for reliability. But my Wrangler is MUCH more fun, which is why it also gets a spot in the driveway.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Jeesh, they have Turbos and 5 spds, just a SRT4 in differnt sheet metal. Then again in my former Turbo Dodge days, hung around guys like Gus who drag raced Turbo minivans, bless him was killed on a motor cycle. also a friend Gary who raced a reliant K-car, beat all the imports back in 2001 at NEDW at battle of the imports :)

BTW the Cruisers allow me to have my Rubicon and SRT and Shelby.

Check out

http://www.gusmahon.org/html/Mini.htm

and Gary's Reliant

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/
You can also stick a Jolly Rancher inside a turd but I sure as heck wouldn't carry that around in my pocket for when I was in the mood for a sweet. ;)

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Happened today....at car wash....

Attendant, looks at the front of my Jeep, talks to someone, looks again, comes to my window, motion for me to lower it and says:

"Hey, that thing you have in the front, can that get wet?""

He was referring to my winch. :)
I have had two:

Person looking at hood:

"Man...that thing is Greee....een!"

Person jerking his thumb at my license plate:

"Root66. Is that your name and the year you were born?"
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? IMG_1784

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
is there anything coming from Japan nowadays that is remotely interesting? Tundra and 4Runner are ok, but nothing spectacular. BMW took a massive nosedive in quality and driver experience the last several years as well.
The Mazda Miata is still going strong and there are rumors of a new 3.0L I6 powered RWD Mazda6 in development. New Supra, new generation GT86, the Lexus LC500 is stunning and they're also stuffing a 5.0L V8 in the new IS500 - all from Toyota group. Honda has the Civic Type R and NSX and still waiting to hear more about the new generation Civic and its respective Si. Personally I couldn't care less about Nissan. But there's plenty of sports or sporty cars coming out of Japan that are worth being excited about. Are they as exciting as the new mid-engined Corvette? Probably not but some, IMHO, are way more exciting than just stuffing a HEMI or Hellcat engine in anything that moves at FCA.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

The Mazda Miata is still going strong and there are rumors of a new 3.0L I6 powered RWD Mazda6 in development. New Supra, new generation GT86, the Lexus LC500 is stunning and they're also stuffing a 5.0L V8 in the new IS500 - all from Toyota group. Honda has the Civic Type R and NSX and still waiting to hear more about the new generation Civic and its respective Si. Personally I couldn't care less about Nissan. But there's plenty of sports or sporty cars coming out of Japan that are worth being excited about. Are they as exciting as the new mid-engined Corvette? Probably not but some, IMHO, are way more exciting than just stuffing a HEMI or Hellcat engine in anything that moves at FCA.
Miatas are great, I agree. Isn’t the Supra a BMW? Civic performance is good, but the styling. Lexus never really ever on my radar except maybe a 90’s beater for cheap.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Lets hear em!

I had some woman come up and ask me why i have “oversized” tires on my lifted jeep, and tried to tell me this model doesnt have removable doors and roof…wtf? Then asked what i do for a living and started bashing my job industry. I just work anywhere im sent. Its not my passion woman 🤣
"2" too may doors. Dude was in a moss green 97 TJ.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
When the guy at work explained what a rollover risk a Wrangler is, I told him that I bought this after I sold my Harley. Silence. A guy who thinks a Jeep is scary must be terrified by a motorcycle.

That having been said. Jeeps and Harleys have much in common in the way of culture and enthusiasm. Just like when I had the Road Glide and other riders on Harleys would speed up to check it out, the same thing happens with the Jeep. I’m guilty of doing it too.
i have both also..... with the same results as you.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
quite an interesting thread, my first jeep, have a harley, and parents had a Corvette that i was sometimes allowed to drive. Ive received a wide variety of comments on all 3 vehicles.
But overall a lot of the comments are positive about it. Honestly i think of the toys, the bike honestly got the most negative of commentary.
My favorite i think on the Jeep is why in the hell did you buy orange? "so i can find it in parking lots" is normally my reply LOL.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I'd say about 99% of the comments I get on my Jeep are positive, especially on the JL. Heck, people flag me down at stoplights to tell me they like my Jeep.

That said... when I was making a California>Florida move a few years back, my ex asked me if I was 'finally going to sell that dumb jeep.'

Yeah, there's a reason for the 'ex' part. 😆

The only other comments I get that qualify as 'annoying' are people telling me, unsolicited, what I should be doing with my build. Thanks dude, but unless you're paying for it... (and even then, no thanks)... I think I'll stick to my existing plan.
I get so many positive comments too, so much that I’m usually pretty caught off guard cause they happen at the most random times haha. I had a middle aged women park next to me at wawa the other day and she goes “omg! I just wanted to tell you that you are driving my dream car, that is so cool! I’ll have one, one day.”

Moments like that make you feel grateful for what you have for sure!

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I get so many positive comments too, so much that I’m usually pretty caught off guard cause they happen at the most random times haha. I had a middle aged women park next to me at wawa the other day and she goes “omg! I just wanted to tell you that you are driving my dream car, that is so cool! I’ll have one, one day.”

Moments like that make you feel grateful for what you have for sure!
My favorite are the parents with kids. The area I live in now has a ton of families and I'm discovering that kids love Jeeps. And the wilder the Jeep, the more their eyes bug out and the bigger they smile. I love waving at them when I drive by, they're always so excited!

Then I came out of the grocery store the other day and there was a father and his young daughter checking out my doorless, topless Jeep and the father was all "My daughter loves your Jeep!" Asked a ton of questions about it and said he was probably going to get one when she got a little older.

It was heartwarming. Things like that make up for all the dumb comments by a mile!

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite doorless moment, I was driving home from work, dirty, tired, loud music(probably devildriver) and stopped at a light, little girl next to me rolls down her window and asked me "why dont you have doors?" I turn down the music and said "what?" She asked again, I told her "just for fun" she's like and "you just drive around like that?" I said yep, she looks at her mom in the front seat and says "THATS WHAT I WANT WHEN I GET OLDER!"

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Generally, the only comments I have gotten have been positive. Guys telling me "cool car" or moms saying how much their kid loves it.
The only negative one I can remember was while filling up once and an eco warrior looking guy snidely asked "where can you even drive that...thing".
Well, since it's a fucking vehicle with wheels, a lot more places that you can take that ridiculous bag of shit you drive, considering it's euro 6d and yours isn't.

Euro 6d is a standard for emissions. Some city centers allow only EVs or Euro 6 and higher.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I have a HellaYella JLW. I have been asked "Nice color, was that the last Jeep on the lot"? I always answer truthfully and say, "Yes, yes it was".
Sponsored