Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thats annoying. I honestly dont know why people care about mpg. We spend over 70k(CAD)on most of our jeeps on these forums, before mods! At that price, 300-500 a month for gas shouldnt be of any significance or we all bought the wrong vehicle.
I monitor my MPG (have for years on all my vehicles) to see trends, if it starts trending lower, I know something isn't right... It's easy (and free) to do with the Fuelly app, and can be done while I'm filling up, so it takes zero extra time...
Sponsored

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
A few years ago when we still had my wife’s JKUR I was filling it up with gas when some guy came up and said “ really nice Jeep, looks good the way you have it! Don’t do anything else to it… really, leave it like it is.”

Not Jeep related- The dummest thing I’ve ever heard is when we brought tanks (M1A1’s) out for a dog & pony show for the infantry. A kid ask me if the tank had a run flat system…🤦‍♂️
I actually was an engineer for the Abrams in Lima, Ohio. (and we couldn't get a decent run flat to fit....lol)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I would have said “please show me the Rubicon Cherokee. If you can’t find it I want to talk to the sales manager to see about getting one”

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually was an engineer for the Abrams in Lima, Ohio. (and we couldn't get a decent run flat to fit....lol)
No kidding! Lemme ask you something. A little off topic. Who decided to make the generator shafts like 1/2” in diameter? Instead of like 3” or something? Maybe if they were a little thicker I wouldn’t have to replace them all the time?

31D76DA2-2F5B-46E7-BDB2-9D7204FF9D06.jpeg

Now the short end is a pen holder on my desk 😂

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I was looking at a TJ back in the day. It had some aftermarket add-ons that were listed on a separate window sticker. One of them was an 8,000 pound "wench" (instead of a "winch").

I asked if a hefty girl like that would exceed the GVWR of the Jeep. The sales guy stared at me with a deer in the headlights look.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Someone chastised me online for losing $5000 in resale value by removing the Rubicon decals from my JLUR.

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? 31D76DA2-2F5B-46E7-BDB2-9D7204FF9D06
Photoshop challenge. Replace Claymore with Front Toward Enemy. :like:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I have neighbor who has nose trouble. It bothers her and her hubby we have 10 cars.

Anyhow before I bought my Rubicon, was test driving a 2019 Sahara with the 2.0 and E-TQ.

So my bud lets us take it for the weekend. I am out in my driveway checking it out while wife was in the house for minute. Neighbor comes walking by, " Your not getting another one??" Me: thinking about, just test driving to check out the new ones. She looks at the sticker, 48K for a Wrangler?? Me, WTF does a BMW X1 like you have cost ?? and then tell her " The Price of quality is never cheap and Wranglers are #1 on resale value so that should tell you something." She storms off, wife comes back out and we take a for a long ride and go to dinner. Ordered my Rubicon the next week and when it came in, drove by her house and waved :)

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
I have neighbor who has nose trouble. It bothers her and her hubby we have 10 cars.

Anyhow before I bought my Rubicon, was test driving a 2019 Sahara with the 2.0 and E-TQ.

So my bud lets us take it for the weekend. I am out in my driveway checking it out while wife was in the house for minute. Neighbor comes walking by, " Your not getting another one??" Me: thinking about, just test driving to check out the new ones. She looks at the sticker, 48K for a Wrangler?? Me, WTF does a BMW X1 like you have cost ?? and then tell her " The Price of quality is never cheap and Wranglers are #1 on resale value so that should tell you something." She storms off, wife comes back out and we take a for a long ride and go to dinner. Ordered my Rubicon the next week and when it came in, drove by her house and waved :)
Just curious how you park your 10 cars, cuz i can see it being a bother if its like my old neighbours. As soon as they ran out of room in their two garages, car port, and driveway, they started parking cars on the lawn and then down the whole street. Literally had cars lined up bumper to bumper halfway down the block. Like what the hell can two people do with 20 cars.

Oh and i forgot they started parking cars across the street on my other neighbour’s driveway and in front of his house too.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I got that twice already. My response. “I tell my wife all the time it’s better than spending my money on hookers and coke for my midlife crisis.”
Hmm ... I think you screwed up somewhere along the line bud ... why can't you have it all ??? ... LOL

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I was looking at a TJ back in the day. It had some aftermarket add-ons that were listed on a separate window sticker. One of them was an 8,000 pound "wench" (instead of a "winch").

I asked if a hefty girl like that would exceed the GVWR of the Jeep. The sales guy stared at me with a deer in the headlights look.
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? far side

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
They said something along the lines of "So when you off road it and roll it over do you just flip it back on it's wheels?"
I laughed and said well you do you best not to roll it over. They actually thought that was a regular thing that happens.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Corvette-“wanna race?”

me- “my track?”
Actually did it ... just not in a Jeep.
Back in the early 80's (yea I'm that old) I used to build engines for a bunch of friends and family that were restoring old pickups and cars. The most common one was a marine 350 small block with a 4 bolt main. Easy as pie to get 600 HP out of one.
My brother is out cruising in his 77 GMC short box 4X4 rockin' a stock 283 with headers (because he blew up his 350), and 38.5 inch Monster Mudders, and some dude in a Corvette asks him if wants to drag ... this is around 7:30 PM on a Saturday night ... My brother says sure, at midnight on a particular flat piece of road outside of town that everyone uses for drag racing. Dumbass in the Corvette agrees.
My brother comes home and tells me what's happened and asks if I have an engine. Sitting on an engine stand on the shop floor is an all done, 4 bolt main 350. But right next to it is a blown 427, 13:1 flat tops, decked, ported, polished, lumpy AF cam, 6-71 blower on top with a pair of Holley 650's, 3 inch headers, all ready to rock. No idea how much HP that one had but it was way more than the 350's I'd built.
Three hours later we have his 283 out, the 427 in (including new radiator), fill her up with premium and dump a bunch of octane boost in the tank as well, and he's rolling out the driveway. He gets to the "track" and other than a bit of whine it doesn't sound much different than the 283. He and Corvette guy flip a coin for lanes and Corvette guy gets the left, oncoming traffic, lane and starts to chicken out. My brother says "tell you what, since this truck is a 4x4 and since it's pretty flat I'll run in the ditch." Corvette guy says okay. Brother says just give me two minutes to uncap my headers. He gets that done and she's loud, I mean really loud. At 2,500 RPM she's breathing fire, and she'll turn 7,000 RPM. Corvette guy knows he's FUBAR now but gotta save face right.
They line up, Corvette guy on the road, brother in the ditch, in 4WD, with the Detroit locker locked. Somebody drops the flag and the race is on. The rooster tail that came off the back of that truck had to have gone 100 feet back if it went an inch.
Corvette guy gave a valiant effort but in the end that 350 was no match for the 427. Brother dropped him like he was standing still. At the end of the quarter mile he was at least a quarter of the track ahead of the Corvette. Corvette guy just kept on going ... LOL
Pretty sure if my brother had tried to run it on the pavement there would be drive shaft, transmission, and rear end parts everywhere ... LOL
Ahh .. the memories of a semi-misspent youth !!!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Two in my garage, main driveway I can fit 6, but keep 5 and 3 on my side driveway.
All registered and the ones I am not driving are under car covers, nice and clean and have best looking landscaping in the hood ;)
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? 1627931197367

I move 3 into my backyard ( 00 durango and 2 JLs, call it battlship row) to free up driveway space, put them on battery tender for the winter.

Really no big deal, my yard is not a junkyard, all my key spare parts are stashed in my basement and garage attic ;)
Just curious how you park your 10 cars, cuz i can see it being a bother if its like my old neighbours. As soon as they ran out of room in their two garages, car port, and driveway, they started parking cars on the lawn and then down the whole street. Literally had cars lined up bumper to bumper halfway down the block. Like what the hell can two people do with 20 cars.

Oh and i forgot they started parking cars across the street on my other neighbour’s driveway and in front of his house too.
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep? 1627932086953

IMG_1483.JPG
Sponsored