Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I've really only gotten positive comments....and then this.

Person: "I took a Jeep on a test drive but it drove really rough and bumpy"
Me: "That's weird, but it's not a sedan"
Person: "Yeah, I put it in 4 wheel drive and it was rough driving it on the highway"
Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I dont see it as a "Dumb-Ass" comment. Not everyone keeps up with every new thing in the automotive market. The way Jeep has been cranking new things out, it isnt surprising people didnt know there was a diesel Jeep.
BTW, my wife owns a Toyota Highlander "Crossover", and I wouldnt call it a POS. As for quality, compared to a Jeep, the Jeeps are the POS. Just saying.
Cross over - Goes only where a car can go. Poor gas mileage of a SUV. Handles like a minivan. A crossover is a vehicular hermaphrodite. The answer to a question that no one asked. In other words…a POS.

As far as Toyota quality, no thank you. My wife bought a Rav 4 A few years ago. That was the most uncomfortable seat. It was rounded. Probably ok for people with back fat, didn’t fit me. It had no power. The interior look like it was designed by preschoolers. There was 6 different textures on the dash alone. She traded it after 7 months. She still has the Cadillac 4 years later. No more Toyotas in my Driveway.

You are right. Not everyone keeps up with every new thing in the automotive market. When it is obvious that you know nothing about cars, remember this quote…

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain

Sponsored

Jeeper4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Bought a 4xe and constantly get asked about mpg. I say I bought it for the hp and torque. "But what about the mpg". I repeat, I don't care about mpg or I would have bought a Prius. Doesn't matter, they keep asking and many own Jeeps too.
Same…met a person through mutual friends a week after I bought my 4xe and they asked about mpg. I told them what I’d been getting so far and their response: “Oh, well that’s not impressive!” It’s a Jeep, not sure what you were expecting and definitely didn’t buy it for the mpg lol. Also, said person drives a Jetta.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I came out of the mall one day and this older lady asked if that was my jeep and why did everyone keep throwing rubber ducks at it. I had no answer. 🥴
Yer lucky!

Someone aimed a plucked chicken at mine! 😫

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Cross over - Goes only where a car can go. Poor gas mileage of a SUV. Handles like a minivan. A crossover is a vehicular hermaphrodite. The answer to a question that no one asked. In other words…a POS.
My wife's Honda CR-V occupies a spot in the Crossover Utility Vehicle segment.

Its all-wheel drive has pulled us through Pennsylvania snow that was deep enough to have stopped a few sedans in their tracks (one of the reasons we bought it.) Her average highway trip mileage hovers near 37 mpg; forced induction also means it's hardly a boring driving experience. The vehicle's road manners are respectable, too, thanks to reasonably firm suspension and good Bridgestones.

CUVs are the best-selling vehicles in this country. Three cheers for multi-tasking, yes?

Not everyone keeps up with every new thing in the automotive market. When it is obvious that you know nothing about cars, remember this quote…

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Indeed. ;)

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport

As far as Toyota quality, no thank you. My wife bought a Rav 4 A few years ago. That was the most uncomfortable seat. It was rounded. Probably ok for people with back fat, didn’t fit me. It had no power. The interior look like it was designed by preschoolers. There was 6 different textures on the dash alone. She traded it after 7 months. She still has the Cadillac 4 years later. No more Toyotas in my Driveway.

You are right. Not everyone keeps up with every new thing in the automotive market. When it is obvious that you know nothing about cars, remember this quote…

Mark Twain
Great quote tho likely not Twain: https://www.google.com/amp/s/quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/17/remain-silent/amp/

Sponsored

Kirkpatrick618

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Military / Retired / Contractor
About 2 dozen comments while filling up... “I didn’t know they made those in diesel”, then they proceed to get in their Camry, Accord, or POS crossover.

Dumb ass comments from people that are not car guys or Jeep guys.
All the time.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No negative comments ever.

It could be my physical appearance lol My wife says I look like a Russian mobster from the movies (I'm neither Russian nor a mobster, jut to clarify). She keeps reminding me to "smile more often" and to wear my glasses even when I don't need them because those "soften my features".

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
As I'm sitting in a parking lot with the engine running, radio playing and windows open, dude leans on passenger door window sill and asks: "Is this your Jeep?"
Sponsored