Sponsored

What are the dumbest comments youve gotten about your jeep?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
When the guy at work explained what a rollover risk a Wrangler is, I told him that I bought this after I sold my Harley. Silence. A guy who thinks a Jeep is scary must be terrified by a motorcycle.

That having been said. Jeeps and Harleys have much in common in the way of culture and enthusiasm. Just like when I had the Road Glide and other riders on Harleys would speed up to check it out, the same thing happens with the Jeep. I’m guilty of doing it too.
Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Have you ever turned on all your lights behind a Pinto to see if it'll explode? 🤔

fordpinto.jpg
The pro6’s came off my wife’s wrecked jk. Don’t know if I’ll keep them on the TJ, haven’t even got them hooked up yet lol. looks to busy for me. The halogens on the front bumper definitely Give off enough heat to cook off a pintos fuel tank.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Not sure if it is dumb, but I was asked … “aren’t you too old for a Jeep?”
Mention current Wrangler price trends and then suggest young guys just can't afford them.

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I've had a couple of people says things to the effect that they preferred the convertible ones.... Had to show them the hard top does come off and that I also have a softtop to go on for Summer.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if it is dumb, but I was asked … “aren’t you too old for a Jeep?” I am 49.
Sounds like someone who regrets bitterly not getting a Jeep when he was young.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Not sure if it is dumb, but I was asked … “aren’t you too old for a Jeep?” I am 49.

Personally, I don’t care, but it was kind of a shock, since I use it extensively for outdoor activities like hiking, trail running and mountain biking.
👍👍

I've heard a similar one:

How's the midlife crisis going?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order

Personally, I don’t care, but it was kind of a shock, since I use it extensively for outdoor activities like hiking, trail running and mountain biking.
I’m 61 and I use mine for the same thing plus I also use it to tow my trailer and KTM dirt bike😊😊. I’ve been told that I don’t “act my age”….and I don’t intend to start now!

Sponsored

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
👍👍

How's the midlife crisis going?
That would really piss me off. I've been driving Jeeps for over 20 years and I think I would have to point that out to that person.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
When the guy at work explained what a rollover risk a Wrangler is, I told him that I bought this after I sold my Harley. Silence. A guy who thinks a Jeep is scary must be terrified by a motorcycle.

That having been said. Jeeps and Harleys have much in common in the way of culture and enthusiasm. Just like when I had the Road Glide and other riders on Harleys would speed up to check it out, the same thing happens with the Jeep. I’m guilty of doing it too.
Tell him you bought it because it rolls. You like to do barrel rolls when changing lanes.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
That is a dumb comment... Prolly the largest market segment of new Jeep buyers these days are guys our age (or older).

In fact, one of the more astute observations I see people making these days is "Hey, you got a new Jeep! When did you retire?"

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
came out to find a note stuck under the windshield that said "I ll pay you 10,000 cash for your Jeep. BAD ASS. I'm Brad call me at ###-####"
Thats way better than the note i got on my beloved crown vic. It read “park this piece of shit at the dump”

In all fairness though, i sprayed most of the paint off it, ran down some shopping carts and smashed a few signs. Best part was off roading with it by doing 60km/hr up hills to make it. I think thats why i own a jeep now…
Sponsored