What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Found about a 1/4” of sand on my rock sliders when I removed them.
Undercarriage was very dirty and Rust spots noted throughout.
Scratches on interior noted, particularly the front of the cabin.
Arrived with 26 miles on odometer.
Body damage to freedom panel that my dealer is going to replace.

Thoughts? Is this normal or abnormal for delivery?
Interesting how those 392s with destinations north of Moab were delivered just before EJS and those south of Moab were delayed and delivered weeks later.
What can be done about it in general? Any ideas/input appreciated.

Hoping that I’m wrong. Concern is proper engine break in and obviously rust from neglecting to properly wash after being driven hard through sand.
Do you know if your 392 Jeep was one of those in the "in-storage" status that were waiting for delivery after EJS? Early orders were built before EJS, but it appears Jeep didn't want to release those vehicles until after EJS, so they were put in that "in-storage" status for weeks and even months in some occasions.
Sponsored

Truckdriver

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392

Interesting how those 392s with destinations north of Moab were delivered just before EJS and those south of Moab were delayed and delivered weeks later.
FA2E00FD-3E2D-4CBE-8620-D94309A47952.jpeg

A2BCA4BF-1AAC-4E1C-A27E-8397A6025A9E.jpeg

F92C5F4F-6675-4207-BC31-2FA3F19CAFBE.jpeg

Hoping that I’m wrong. Concern is proper engine break in and obviously rust from neglecting to properly wash after being driven hard through sand.
Well my friend, apparently your not alone...
I picked mine up yesterday and looked over it today and found the bottom caked with mud and the rust was prevalent throughout. Looked just like your pics. Curious if you had the sticker on your window that said that your vehicle was picked at random to be test driven for less than 65 miles?

8A3A5EF0-F383-489A-ADCD-58DA462B0A93.jpeg

A5038EEF-307C-4F2D-BE64-67860F4B3C6D.jpeg

097013B4-7113-4DBC-8C64-B9A99A67EBFF.jpeg

E67A45B9-9765-4F30-87EF-3CC9FB71CEDC.jpeg

35571195-FA66-4F73-B2FA-42196ED0EE8F.jpeg

AC203535-31B7-4398-86A8-2E72F3D60611.jpeg

90A99EA9-04EB-4011-AE0E-2443E48C71E4.jpeg

2334737D-56D3-4978-9230-6579530AE47F.jpeg

Truckdriver

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Please follow up with the GPS History, which your dealer can access, please !
Ok, so the dealer can access GPS information for the owner, 26 mystery miles solved..
Hi there, just ran across this posting after being referred from another site. I also received my Jeep looking like a pissed off teenager took it for a test drive. Dirt, sand, rust and corrosion underneath the entire vehicle. I tried calling U-Connect to follow up on the GPS tracks as stated and they said they were unable to do that. Do you have any other info on that?
here’s some of the horror pics...

27E8C0BF-18EC-4E4B-8E05-FA13CF21311B.jpeg

D80B5F9F-A6C4-4721-92C2-7E99C7BA375B.jpeg

9060D3A0-A964-4DC0-AB7B-91F2E638DAC9.jpeg

B3A8F48C-F310-4896-916C-9CF17BBE717D.jpeg

6951ECEC-BF98-4EF1-9759-03EF610C9B99.jpeg

351E101C-F4ED-4CD7-A68C-5D70A43E5FFC.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Damn, this is pretty alarming seeing the similarities w/ the way these 392s have been delivered. Hopefully all of you get some answers and some help w/ this, you definitely deserve better.

I did! I spent a good while going through the entire thing with a fine tooth comb right on the dealer lot. The only issues I found were two small rust spots on the chassis welds. I'm talking like a quarter the size of my pinky nail. A tiny wire brush and rust-oleum rust reformer fixed that up. And I coated every nook and cranny with fluid film

Yeah it looks like somebody fucked around with that thing
I too went over the entire frame w/ a super bright tactical flashlight prior to taking delivery since there were reports of porous frame welds, like you didn't find anything alarming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I’d like to thank everyone who posted.
Again, NorthStar and my sales rep, Chucky, have been nothing short of concerned and supportive. I do not think anyone test drove my vehicle at the dealership as all the other reps came out to hear what it sounded like when Chucky took it to a gas station 100 yards down the road to fill up. I recommend Chucky and NorthStar 100%.

The NorthStar Manager spoke with Jeep and Jeep stated it was “surface rust” from “additional testing prior to storage” and it would not affect the reliability or longevity of the vehicle.

I can’t say how the surface rust and sand came to be. Given that testing was in Michigan during January/February, road salt is a possibility. That combined with being stored dirtied with road salt for weeks is as likely and explanation as any.

Jeep/Stellantis/whoever my manager spoke with offered to extend my warranty to 5 years free of charge.

I also asked the manager for a free loaner vehicle when I have my undercarriage addressed on my dime. The manager was happy to grant me a loaner.

I just want to move on and begin to enjoy my 392. I don’t want to worry about this anymore. I want to get on with mods and getting it Offroad. Life is short, and can be brutally tragic from what I’ve seen in my line of work. There are bigger things to be worried about then surface rust on a vehicle that functions as expected from day 1 and has an extended warranty. Time to be grateful.

I’m going to install front and rear ARB diff plates to go on with the spacer lift/wheels/37s next Saturday and I’m going to do the spot rust correction myself with copper brushes and Rustoleum Rust Reformer. Won’t need that loaner after all.

Anyone with similar rust, I’d push for the extended warranty I received. Again, thank you everyone.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Again, NorthStar and my sales rep, Chucky, have been nothing short of concerned and supportive. I do not think anyone test drove my vehicle at the dealership as all the other reps came out to hear what it sounded like when Chucky took it to a gas station 100 yards down the road to fill up. I recommend Chucky and NorthStar 100%.

The NorthStar Manager spoke with Jeep and Jeep stated it was “surface rust” from “additional testing prior to storage” and it would not affect the reliability or longevity of the vehicle.

I can’t say how the surface rust and sand came to be. Given that testing was in Michigan during January/February, road salt is a possibility. That combined with being stored dirtied with road salt for weeks is as likely and explanation as any.

Jeep/Stellantis/whoever my manager spoke with offered to extend my warranty to 5 years free of charge.

I also asked the manager for a free loaner vehicle when I have my undercarriage addressed on my dime. The manager was happy to grant me a loaner.

I just want to move on and begin to enjoy my 392. I don’t want to worry about this anymore. I want to get on with mods and getting it Offroad. Life is short, and can be brutally tragic from what I’ve seen in my line of work. There are bigger things to be worried about then surface rust on a vehicle that functions as expected from day 1 and has an extended warranty. Time to be grateful.

I’m going to install front and rear ARB diff plates to go on with the spacer lift/wheels/37s next Saturday and I’m going to do the spot rust correction myself with copper brushes and Rustoleum Rust Reformer. Won’t need that loaner after all.

Anyone with similar rust, I’d push for the extended warranty I received. Again, thank you everyone.
Thank you for the update. It appears this happened because of test drive and not washing it before storage. Glad they made it right for you. I agree it is surface rust, if you don't live were roads are salted in the winter, that surface rust will not get any worse.

Truckdriver

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle 351E101C-F4ED-4CD7-A68C-5D70A43E5FFC

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle 351E101C-F4ED-4CD7-A68C-5D70A43E5FFC

Photos for others to have to show your dealers if needed. Most of the rust is on the front axle, especially around front differential.
Any chance I can ask for another front axle assembly under warranty sighting coating/rust, possible differential structural damage?
Does the lemon law have any place if I take it 3 times for rust on differential considering it came from the factory like this?

Also of note, wheel BS is 6+” from a rough measure with a measuring tape.
Same thing here...
Found the bottom to be just wrecked!!!

C11A9B2F-3116-4439-BBF2-B9D824AD38C3.jpeg

7A25C115-1ABE-464A-952A-3935ECF21FA0.jpeg

BCB35431-9FF8-4737-9039-7D40561954AD.jpg

3CDD3C30-516E-4DB0-B575-E0B76419F421.jpeg

30E16296-5E58-488B-BD25-B3736BF8374E.jpeg

43461DDC-C395-4525-A358-B2F4E1B9604B.jpeg

CDDB67E6-CC06-458F-BD53-810AC50A479F.jpeg

3B9C6529-AF3A-49F2-A997-379AF6DD94A7.jpeg

D64B640D-BA7B-4977-ACF2-FB139EC44F38.jpeg

019B24C5-A9B2-402B-922D-C871FA0B1869.jpeg

BCD7571E-454C-466F-A4FD-ABA841FD4EDC.jpeg

D1872279-5D97-4FD9-8A56-02F354A447EE.jpeg

32D2CD1E-B9F5-4A21-B8B3-94AF4F47AA34.jpeg

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I have been following this thread, and I have a somewhat related question... Am I the only one that is shocked at how quickly the undercarriage parts on these are developing rust? Is that normal?

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Good attitude. As long as you are happy.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Sounds if they used it

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle 52B8B494-9EE0-4DAA-A7B5-05B16CFE0718

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle 52B8B494-9EE0-4DAA-A7B5-05B16CFE0718

[/QUOTE Sounds to me like they used your Jeep as a Pilot vehicle . Pilot vehicles should never be sold as new and are normally scraped . I would contact Jeep cares and see how they handle this . If your not happy with the results contact the (BBB) Better Business Bureau and go from there . I would be demanding a new Jeep personally .

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...

Look forward to maybe seeing you around when I get my 392. I'm in SA too.

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

The old saw was don't buy a car made on a Friday. Probably because it was felt the line workers were concentrating on the weekend rather than building the car. Think we can change that to don't buy a jeep made in the winter. If the vehicle gets tested on Toledo roads in January, it is reminiscent of driving it in the ocean with all the salt on the roads. Actually it's not that bad as a little salt goes a long way to forming surface rust. Jeep needs to set up an under carriage wash down system that they drive all the trucks through before going into storage or onto a RR Car. Not a bad idea to thoroughly hose down the under side of your truck in any case.
Sponsored