392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
This is funny šŸ˜…

Goin2drt. Read your recent posts on other threads. You donā€™t sound happy with your 3.6L JL or anyone else for that matter, whether their getting into a 4XE, Bronco, 392 or a new house. Not sure if itā€™s jealousy or just old fashion trolling.

My issue will get resolved. New cars show up with issues, this is my 10th or 11th brand new car in 5-6 years, believe me, I know. I paid 140+k for a new G63 only to have it show up with a stained hood and bent lower control arm. Mercedes put me in a loaner and made it right so I bought another 4 years later.

I have faith in my dealership. Worst case scenario I have the undercarriage cleaned and coated on their dime, best case, trade it back in and pick up another.
Great attitude and totally agree with your approach. Good dealerships will make it right for you regardless from my experience.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
This is funny šŸ˜…

Goin2drt. Read your recent posts on other threads. You donā€™t sound happy with your 3.6L JL or anyone else for that matter, whether their getting into a 4XE, Bronco, 392 or a new house. Not sure if itā€™s jealousy or just old fashion trolling.

My issue will get resolved. New cars show up with issues, this is my 10th or 11th brand new car in 5-6 years, believe me, I know. I paid 140+k for a new G63 only to have it show up with a stained hood and bent lower control arm. Mercedes put me in a loaner and made it right so I bought another 4 years later.

I have faith in my dealership. Worst case scenario I have the undercarriage cleaned and coated on their dime, best case, trade it back in and pick up another.
Not jealousy or trolling. You asked for advise. If you donā€™t want someoneā€™s opinion or advise then donā€™t ask for it. You presented the situation. I told you what I would do.

Good for you. Glad you have bought 11 cars and a G series. You sound like the troll letting all us folks know you are the baller here. Sorry I gave you my opinion. Enjoy your 392.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
@BCMgunner Is it possible that the delivery truck went through that recent sand storm around Arizona? I saw some video of it. It was a super bad sand storm with very high wind.
Possible. Iā€™ve heard of sand storms in New Mexico as well.
These initial 392s did spend a lot of time parked in storage and on the rails during delivery.
Thanks for the idea.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
BCMgunner, Sorry to hear about your experience, I know you've been enthusiastically awaiting this a long time. I know these where definitely not the pictures you were expecting to be the first postings of your 392. No matter what anyone says, it would be frustrating as hell taking delivery and seeing that within the first 24hr. Hope your properly taken care of.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@BCMgunner That really looks like someone took it on a beach. Between the fine sand and the rust, Iā€™d bet somewhere along the delivery route it got taken for a joy ride.
Iā€™m glad to hear your dealership is working with you. The one I go to, and buy from, is also outstanding and cultivates the customer/dealership relationship. Itā€™s a small town and everybody knows everybody else. They canā€™t screw someone over without it hurting the business. On top of that, the owners are simply good people.
Good luck to you. I hope this gets straightened out in your favor.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Man I want this car. I have enough money saved to buy it in cash but Iā€™m still renting and know I need to buy a home at some point here. I can only imagine dropping the money right now and seeing this shortly after. These are the kind of things that bother me but Iā€™m working on trying to let them bother me less. I hope you get it figured out and let us know what happened.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
It definitely looks like its been through the sand on the beach. Squeaky Wheel gets the grease.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Found about a 1/4ā€ of sand on my rock sliders when I removed them.
Undercarriage was very dirty and Rust spots noted throughout.
Scratches on interior noted, particularly the front of the cabin.
Arrived with 26 miles on odometer.
Body damage to freedom panel that my dealer is going to replace.

Thoughts? Is this normal or abnormal for delivery?
Interesting how those 392s with destinations north of Moab were delivered just before EJS and those south of Moab were delayed and delivered weeks later.
What can be done about it in general? Any ideas/input appreciated.
FA2E00FD-3E2D-4CBE-8620-D94309A47952.jpeg

A2BCA4BF-1AAC-4E1C-A27E-8397A6025A9E.jpeg

F92C5F4F-6675-4207-BC31-2FA3F19CAFBE.jpeg

Hoping that Iā€™m wrong. Concern is proper engine break in and obviously rust from neglecting to properly wash after being driven hard through sand.
Probably not Moab but certainly it was used, and carelessly. Tough call. If you want another one you may be waiting a while. But who wants to pay any price for a Jeep you ordered new and expect perfect but someone abused in 26 miles? I would be so pissed.

Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
BCMgunner I feel for you, I was looking forward to your upgrades since I am basically doing similar upgrades. .Mine just shipped arrival date at my dealership in Houston is April 27, Iā€™m so paranoid abourt the condition mine will arrive in. Thanks for letting all of us buyers fell your grief and be on the look out for similar problems. I will be stopping by my dealership next week and show them this thread and to be on the lookout for this BS! Keep us posted/updated!

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
This is funny šŸ˜…

That's a great attitude. If I were in your shoes, I would be pushing for the same... undercarriage cleaned and treated, and maybe even lobby for a complementary extended warranty, but who knows if that would be successful.

Like other's have mentioned, I'd be concerned that getting it replaced might be a problem anyway because of the availability of the 392's. Even if you were successful, and Jeep was willing to, it could still be months before you might see a replacement.

Just my .02

But glad to see you taking this all in stride. Kudos

-Rob

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
BCMgunner I was at EJS Moab for 10 days, Jeep had 2 392ā€™s at Safari, one of them was your color in fact I rode in it. The were driven a lot more then the 24 miles you stated. Again good luck on getting this problem corrected.

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37ā€ KO2s
Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle 8E0BD904-8B4E-42C1-A928-4F7FB4CB9802

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle C3C70734-1F96-4F7F-81D6-877808FE04D0

Jeep Wrangler JL What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle D5751DC7-E4DB-4082-9F06-AD095D2D7D32

Photos for others to have to show your dealers if needed. Most of the rust is on the front axle, especially around front differential.
Any chance I can ask for another front axle assembly under warranty sighting coating/rust, possible differential structural damage?
Does the lemon law have any place if I take it 3 times for rust on differential considering it came from the factory like this?

Also of note, wheel BS is 6+ā€ from a rough measure with a measuring tape.