Sponsored

What are the chances my new 392 was a EJS Press vehicle

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
So what are the chances this was a EJS press vehicle?
Did the transportation company take it Offroad??
I really don’t think it was used as an EJS vehicle. I feel like they would never use a customer‘s ordered vehicle for that purpose. Did you see it roll off the delivery truck to the dealer? I’m wondering if they had a little fun with it prior to delivery.
Sponsored

Last edited:

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
The dealership is not a stealership. They’ve been nothing but supportive and honest. Purchased at MSRP. This is Jeeps problem. Will see if dealership can help me address this with Jeep.

Sent a message to @JeepCares

Will keep forum posted as to what I learn
Aside from that....are you loving the 392???

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I am enjoying it. It’s so rowdy. My wife even loves it. Reminds her of my 16’ G63. Reminds me very much of it as well. There is nothing else I want for the money. Hoping Jeep can fix it.

Sales guy doesn’t think it was used at EJS. Said those vehicles are typically sold as fleet vehicles (?). Again, he does think it’s clear it was taken off road into the sand, and hard, prior to delivery.

I saw pictures of it rolling off the truck and it was already dirty. Plus, rust doesn’t happen in the 3 hours between it rolling off the truck and me getting to it. Nearest sand is 3 hours away (Corpus Christi).

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
The dealership is not a stealership, Northstar Jeep in San Antonio. They’ve been nothing but supportive and honest. Purchased at MSRP. They actually sent the sales rep who sold it to me to see it first hand and photo. Sales rep thinks it’s “desert sand” and thinks it’s pretty clear it was taken into the sand hard. We actually found sand deep in some of the hollow support beams.

This is Jeeps problem. Dealership manager knows about it and is working on it. Let’s see what they say.

Sent a message to @JeepCares

Will keep forum posted as to what I learn
Good luck the dealership can "be as nice as pie" bottom line you got a used 392 for a new price. Now that you own it and took delivery good luck having Jeep cares doing anything that would be satisfactory. It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get them to buy it back. Ask all those folks that did arbitration for the steering issue.

Honestly the longer you wait, the worse it is going to get. I would drive it back to the dealer, park it and demand my money back. Then the pressure is on the dealer to actually push Jeep to get it exchanged, bought back or give them a deal on it to sell it used. As long as you "own" it there will be ZERO priority from Jeep and the dealer to get it rectified.

Your money, do what you wish but at $80K NO WAY would I be driving that brand new used Jeep.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
I'm pretty new at this, but that doesn't look "Brand New" at all. My Willys with 4 miles on it didn't have a speck of dirt underneath. Not good at all for what you paid for that beast.

G.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Is there any way to access the on board computer, GPS, information gathered and stored/ sent ??
The electronic breadcrumbs it leaves when started every time.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Is there any way to access the on board computer, GPS, information gathered and stored/ sent ??
The electronic breadcrumbs it leaves when started every time.
Yes the 8.4 uconnect will leave breadcrumbs as it’s always connected by GPS. But only Steallantis can access that. By yourself? No.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Good luck the dealership can "be as nice as pie" bottom line you got a used 392 for a new price. Now that you own it and took delivery good luck having Jeep cares doing anything that would be satisfactory. It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get them to buy it back. Ask all those folks that did arbitration for the steering issue.

Honestly the longer you wait, the worse it is going to get. I would drive it back to the dealer, park it and demand my money back. Then the pressure is on the dealer to actually push Jeep to get it exchanged, bought back or give them a deal on it to sell it used. As long as you "own" it there will be ZERO priority from Jeep and the dealer to get it rectified.

Your money, do what you wish but at $80K NO WAY would I be driving that brand new used Jeep.
I’d be nice too if I sold you a used Jeep for 80K. In fact I’ll even offer to be your doormat as you step in. But the moment you drive off though.. I’d be laughing my way to the bank. 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Here is a compilation of what probably went down:

Delivery driver A: Yo bruski, check out what I’m delivering today, a 392 baby!
Delivery driver B: Oh shit that’s rad! Lets go stretch her legs before we drop it off dough!
Delivery driver A: Damn right! We go rip some donuts in them sand pits.

Few hours later...

Delivery driver A: Oh crapola I’m stuck, pull me outta here!
Delivery driver B: Oh alright! Shit.. I f'ed up the paint.
Delivery driver A: That’ll buff right out, we just pretend nothing happened.
Delivery driver B: Oh yea good idea.

Last edited:

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
when was the car produced (do you know what week?)? there's no chance they gave you a press car (EJS). maybe it collected dirt from a drive through a construction area while it was raining - who knows. as for the rust, I wouldn't sweat it. you could touch it up if it bothers you, but my advice would be to just move on. I wouldn't let something like that ruin my experience. maybe the dealership will throw something your way to make you feel better, but I would just let it go and enjoy the car. or sell it to me... I'll take it

OP
OP
BCMgunner

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
This is what happened 😂
2ABE02B6-AA06-4745-852F-E45BD0B5DF06.gif
This is funny 😅

Goin2drt. Read your recent posts on other threads. You don’t sound happy with your 3.6L JL or anyone else for that matter, whether their getting into a 4XE, Bronco, 392 or a new house. Not sure if it’s jealousy or just old fashion trolling.

My issue will get resolved. New cars show up with issues, this is my 10th or 11th brand new car in 5-6 years, believe me, I know. I paid 140+k for a new G63 only to have it show up with a stained hood and bent lower control arm. Mercedes put me in a loaner and made it right so I bought another 4 years later.

I have faith in my dealership. Worst case scenario I have the undercarriage cleaned and coated on their dime, best case, trade it back in and pick up another.
Sponsored