Sponsored

What are the biggest KO2 tires I can run on Rubi wheels?

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
IMG_3525.JPG
50.jpg
jb fLEX.jpg

I am running 37x12.50 KO2 tires on my stock Rubicon wheels. I also added 1-3/4" Spidertrax (WHS024) so I can get full turn. The guy at the tire shop made clear I had different wheels or had spacers, otherwise he wouldn't mount the tires. It was hard to find someone who would mount the tires on the stock wheels. Some people told me their balancing machine couldn't handle the stock wheels with that size of tire. I will eventually swap it out wheels and spacers, but for now they are working out great. Torque the spacers at 130 ft pound with the red lock tight, drive 50 miles or so, check torque at 120 ft pound.
Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Here are the spacers I am using on my stock wheels and 37" KO2 tires.

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Railroad conductor
IMG_3525.JPG
50.jpg
jb fLEX.jpg

I am running 37x12.50 KO2 tires on my stock Rubicon wheels. I also added 1-3/4" Spidertrax (WHS024) so I can get full turn. The guy at the tire shop made clear I had different wheels or had spacers, otherwise he wouldn't mount the tires. It was hard to find someone who would mount the tires on the stock wheels. Some people told me their balancing machine couldn't handle the stock wheels with that size of tire. I will eventually swap it out wheels and spacers, but for now they are working out great. Torque the spacers at 130 ft pound with the red lock tight, drive 50 miles or so, check torque at 120 ft pound.
What lift are you running and could you post a front picture

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
What lift are you running and could you post a front picture
IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

I don't have this set up anymore, so I cant take a picture of the front. Here is the closest that I have, plus my current set up. Same lift, just changed out the 37" KO2 on stock wheels with spacers for 37" KM3 on Method 105 bead locks. I have the KM3 on my JK and really liked them, so I made the switch when I got the bead locks. The KO2 tires are still great tires and I really like them a lot. I still have them on my TJ and CJ-5. As for my suspension, I have the Mopar 2" with RK correction spring pads on the front springs, RK front and rear adjustable track bars, Metal Cloak Steering stabilizer relocation with Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. I have install videos of everything I've done on my YouTube page if you want to check it out. I have done more videos than I've posted. Just haven't edited them all yet. Now with the 37" KO2 on stock wheels with spacers, I did not have a rubbing issue at full flex. With the 37" KM3 on Method 105, I do run a bit. The KM3 are slightly larger than the KO2, and the Method wheels stick out a lot more than the other combo, so it hits the fenders at full flex. Nothing crazy, but you can hear it.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

I don't have this set up anymore, so I cant take a picture of the front. Here is the closest that I have, plus my current set up. Same lift, just changed out the 37" KO2 on stock wheels with spacers for 37" KM3 on Method 105 bead locks. I have the KM3 on my JK and really liked them, so I made the switch when I got the bead locks. The KO2 tires are still great tires and I really like them a lot. I still have them on my TJ and CJ-5. As for my suspension, I have the Mopar 2" with RK correction spring pads on the front springs, RK front and rear adjustable track bars, Metal Cloak Steering stabilizer relocation with Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. I have install videos of everything I've done on my YouTube page if you want to check it out. I have done more videos than I've posted. Just haven't edited them all yet. Now with the 37" KO2 on stock wheels with spacers, I did not have a rubbing issue at full flex. With the 37" KM3 on Method 105, I do run a bit. The KM3 are slightly larger than the KO2, and the Method wheels stick out a lot more than the other combo, so it hits the fenders at full flex. Nothing crazy, but you can hear it.
How much louder are the km3's on rd? Do they weigh alot more?

Sponsored

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
How much louder are the km3's on rd? Do they weigh alot more?
They are not much louder. They are very quiet compared to the older KM tires. For a mud tire, they are very quiet. The KO2 37x12.50R17/D weigh 69.49, the KM3 37x12.50R17/D weigh 77.38.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
IMG_6821.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

Off topic, but what size tire is the jeep behind you running? 44s? The jeep looks huge lol.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Off topic, but what size tire is the jeep behind you running? 44s? The jeep looks huge lol.
He has 42s, lol. I'll be posting a video soon on my YouTube page, you can see him off-roading. I think he has F-350 Super Duty axles.

Sky King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green, JLUR (soon)
Yeah you will get a lot of different opinions on this one. And you know what they say opinions are like. When I moved up to 35 /12 .5 R17 I went with 17x9 wheels and am happy I did. -12 offset on the wheels, no spacers needed.....
Hope this forum is still live. Getting my first jeep soon, ordering a Rubicon jl, 4 door. I want to put on slightly bigger tires. Would love to fit Nitto 305/70r17s or 295s if better. I understand those should clearly not rub if I used the factory wheel. But I'd also like to get them outside the fender about two inches, change wheels to a zero offset and not involve a lift or spacers. Would it be safe from any rubbing with that offset and look good?
Sponsored