Sponsored

What are the best "doors off" mirrors you can buy?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
OP
OP

DeputyDog95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Here's another pic of my Jeep I took last night with the CMM mirrors. They blend in so nicely it's hard to tell they're even there.

Jeep All Doors Off.jpg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
FYSA, I went with the CMM side mirrors and didnā€™t like the idea that a hand-turned knurled nuts are used to secure them. I know, thieves are going to steal what they want, but a hand tightened nut is too inviting for my taste. I wrote CMM a few months ago about this issue and they now offer a set of lock nuts. I know this isnā€™t a definite deterrent, but it could will someone down. I bought this. If you order you may want to follow up to tell them itā€™s for a JL. Their website isnā€™t updated with an option. https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...ts/products/cmm-offroad-mirror-locks-with-key

Sponsored

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
FYSA, I went with the CMM side mirrors and didnā€™t like the idea that a hand-turned knurled nuts are used to secure them. I know, thieves are going to steal what they want, but a hand tightened nut is too inviting for my taste. I wrote CMM a few months ago about this issue and they now offer a set of lock nuts. I know this isnā€™t a definite deterrent, but it could will someone down. I bought this. If you order you may want to follow up to tell them itā€™s for a JL. Their website isnā€™t updated with an option. https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...ts/products/cmm-offroad-mirror-locks-with-key
Crap - just dropped $250 on these and the lock nuts are $60?? Seems excessive.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Crap - just dropped $250 on these and the lock nuts are $60?? Seems excessive.
Yeah. I know, but you donā€™t have to get them. If it makes you feel better I had to order two sets...one for me and one for the wifeā€™s.

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Yeah. I know, but you donā€™t have to get them. If it makes you feel better I had to order two sets...one for me and one for the wifeā€™s.
Yeah- the problem is that I do want to get them- just donā€™t think I can justify $60 for nuts...

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Thread pitch....Loweā€™s....ratchet

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Got no reply in the CMM thread, so trying here...

CMM lists these as "on sale," now: https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...-1-ball-mount-solution?variant=13869523435581

At $245 (no ball mount), that's a lot less than they cost last year and I'm very tempted to grab a set.

Before I talk myself into clicking the buy button, does anyone know if they are always on sale for this price? e.g. is there a rush to catch a deal, or will they likely be the same price in June when I can actually use them?

Edit: I placed an order after e-mailing CMM:

The stanchions are now 6" and it seems that there are no more problems. That is an 1" increase since we first released. We do have a promo code of JU10 for 10% off. Please note that these are in high demand and are approximately 2 to 3 weeks out for delivery.
My out the door with shipping (I ordered the "ball delete" since I've no use for a mounting ball) was $229. This time last year these mirrors were > $300, so I feel good about this purchase.

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys heres an option for those of you who want some good quality mirrors! They are from Doubletake.

Jub

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
I just put on my CMM Mirrors- within 10 seconds of my first ride with them mounted, I knew I didnā€™t like the mounting location right in my line of sight. I decided to use the lower mounting option.

Figured Iā€™d add these photos here to show how you can choose a top or bottom mount position (as many have posted here). Thought it might be nice to see them side-by-side.

If you decide to use the bottom mounts, you just need to swap the driver and passenger side mounts.

B71B95F9-2B21-4719-9C85-6EB98D4E57A5.jpeg

76CF5C92-D18F-48F1-8F33-3C857E7CFE76.jpeg

C76BB5BB-D1D4-40EB-966B-6EFFDB44AF92.jpeg

AC8CAD75-F0A3-4F4E-B13A-E10E1113B646.jpeg

motorcityaftermarket

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
MCA
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mcaftermarket.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2018
Looks like they mount the same way as Rugged Ridge. I returned mine because of that mounting system... PITA. Iā€™m going with CMM in the spring.
The only thing similar to the RR mirrors is the 90 degree bend in the elbow. The quality of our attachment points are different. Zero vibration and they stay put even on the trail. Our mounts are 100% stainless steel.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I just put on my CMM Mirrors- within 10 seconds of my first ride with them mounted, I knew I didnā€™t like the mounting location right in my line of sight. I decided to use the lower mounting option.

Figured Iā€™d add these photos here to show how you can choose a top or bottom mount position (as many have posted here). Thought it might be nice to see them side-by-side.
Thank you. I ordered a set over the weekend, including the locknuts thanks to am1978. I was fairly certain I would be able to mount them low, but had not seen anyone do it yet. That looks like it puts the mirrors right about where a side mirror usually is. Perfect.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jub