Sponsored

What are the best dashcams And how did you mount them in your JL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AucturitasJones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Business Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about getting a dash cam and want one that takes voice commands and can download via WiFi or bluetooth or possibly still has flash cards too, I have zero experience with them and while I can just Google them I'd rather hear real recommendations from your experiences, as I have a lot of respect for your opinions on this forum. So which ones do you recommend? What features are important to you? How did you mount yours and could you post some pics if you have a clever set up or method for wiring it up? Has anyone figured out a way to output to the uconnect screen? Thanks in advance for sharing.
Sponsored

ledzeppelin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited V6
I'm thinking about getting a dash cam and want one that takes voice commands and can download via WiFi or bluetooth or possibly still has flash cards too, I have zero experience with them and while I can just Google them I'd rather hear real recommendations from your experiences, as I have a lot of respect for your opinions on this forum. So which ones do you recommend? What features are important to you? How did you mount yours and could you post some pics if you have a clever set up or method for wiring it up? Has anyone figured out a way to output to the uconnect screen? Thanks in advance for sharing.

Mine doesn't have voice commands but you can download via Bluetooth for a Rexing dash cam

I bought mine after getting run off the road and having the driver that hit me attempt to blame me for the accident. Whatever you get, make sure it has a high camera quality, I had one that was 1080p and that was not good enough to capture license plate numbers

The Rexing is good in the 100-200 dollar range, but if you want to go all out there are ones that are way pricier than that, but I didn't want to spend that much on a camera for little added benefit in my mind

Tres111

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Medina
I have the Garmin-55 Dash Cam. Pretty much plug and play, it's small, low profile with magnetic mount and won't obstruct your view. It has 3.7 megapixel, voice control, built in GPS, forward collision warnings, incident detection and WIFI and so much more. Worth every penny!

Status
Not open for further replies.