Sponsored

What are my options for locker / LS front Dana 30?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Interesting, the force to turn the ring and pinion, driveshaft and t case couple must be greater than the springs in the locker causing it to click some

The torq locker is one of the quieter lockers tho, mine in my JK only likes to make an ratchet noise after a good day of wheeling. But after that I sometimes forget it’s in there even at slow tight turns
The only down side I find to the lunchbox is the turning radius is a lot bigger when in 4 wheel. My 2 door when in 4 wheel has about the same as a 4 door
The other downside might be voiding your 60k mile powertrain warranty.
Sponsored

rwperez

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2015 Sahara Unlimited
Where did you hear Eaton isnt making e lockers for jl? I'm trying to research this..
I just went to Eaton's website and looked for them. I also tried ti find them on various 4x4 retailer sites. Maybe they will and just haven't yet.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I called Eaton's tech folks to ask about e lockers and true trac for the jl and he said they have no plans to make anything at this point. He claimed it would be a few years.

OP
OP

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Going to be installing mine on Dec 2nd. Just in case anyone is interested TORQ is having a sale $50 off

Sponsored

rwperez

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be installing mine on Dec 2nd. Just in case anyone is interested TORQ is having a sale $50 off

Thanks for this, I ordered this morning. I don't even have the Jeep yet!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thanks for this, I ordered this morning. I don't even have the Jeep yet!
@Boothorp or @rwperez Please let us know how the install goes and how you like them. Are you going to regear while at it? Seems logical to maximize ROI on labor cost to go ahead and change out ring and pinion to 4.10 or 4.56 while the differentials are exposed. Thoughts?

OP
OP

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
My buddy and I are doing it. I agree it would make most sense to regear, but I’m going to test these out. Down the road I may buy a take off rubi Dana 44.

rwperez

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Boothorp or @rwperez Please let us know how the install goes and how you like them. Are you going to regear while at it? Seems logical to maximize ROI on labor cost to go ahead and change out ring and pinion to 4.10 or 4.56 while the differentials are exposed. Thoughts?
I will install this myself, so the labor is cheap! The ring and pinion are not disturbed, so this is a pretty simple job. If I regear it will be for other reasons (larger tires).

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
How have these installs gone? How is the drive with them?

Sponsored

Pressuregarage

First Name
Kaimana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Operating Engineer Local 3
How have these installs gone? How is the drive with them?
Also wondering on this, I’ve been on the search for something for our Sahara and haven’t seen much reviews on these

OP
OP

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Everything was very easy to install. Just swapped out spider gears for locker. It doesn’t make noise at all. Works really well. I haven’t gotten to test it to it’s limits but for sure the front is locked.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Everything was very easy to install. Just swapped out spider gears for locker. It doesn’t make noise at all. Works really well. I haven’t gotten to test it to it’s limits but for sure the front is locked.
***Selec-trac transfer cases can use the TORQ Locker in 2WD, 4Hi and 4Lo. Full Time 4WD can not be used with a mechanical locker.

Ah well that's too bad. Looks like I'm out.

OP
OP

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Also wondering on this, I’ve been on the search for something for our Sahara and haven’t seen much reviews on these
Finally was able to go off-roading. Went to Moab and the TORQ locker did amazing. Out of the 30 Jeeps on our ride, I was the third least built and did exceptionally well. I had no hassles the locker and my rear LSD pulled my over all obstacles. We did all 6/10 difficulty.