Sponsored

What are minor things you wish you knew before buying a JLUR?

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Word. The alpine stereo is the only option I regret not getting. The three options I did get (LED lights, body-colored fenders and steel bumpers) I absolutely do not regret.

Having said that, I can at least hear my speakers at most speeds unlike my YJ which had two rotting cardboard speakers that sounded like bees rattling around a tin can.

The LED's are amazing, I'm in a rental now and feel like I can't see anything at night. lol
Sponsored

SoCalWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Occupation
Engineer/ Real Estate Agent
Vehicle Showcase
LED Lighting Package? Get it, the lights are excellent
8.4" Uconnect system w Alpine system? MUST BUY, significantly better infotainment system with additional UConnect capabilities. The alpine system is incredible compared to stock
Blind Spot Monitor/Backup sensors- Honestly this one was a bit useless considering the backup Camera is already very good + the blind spot on our jeeps is not very bad at all.
Metal Bumpers: They look good but a bit pricey compared to aftermarket options.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The 2020 4Runner has all the latest tech. I guess they just added tech gremlins to the 4Runner. Is it less solid now?
It’s a solid vehicle, but the 2020 is less interesting to me than the older versions with all the tech.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It’s a solid vehicle, but the 2020 is less interesting to me than the older versions with all the tech.
It’s good for you that the old versions are so reliable. You will still have the option of buying great used vehicles for a long time.

spearsmom

First Name
Janna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JL 2.0L Turbo, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2010 Mazda 3
The hard top is a pain in the ass to take off.
My husband bought my the TopLift Pros Jeep Hard Top Removal Tool for Christmas. Once you figure it out, it can be a 1 woman/man job.

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I wished I knew before I bought my JLUR how obsessed I would become with it. I have two other vehicles, really good ones, but I never want to drive them. Also, I wished I knew that I would keep looking for new parts, improvements, mods. Each time I am in the middle of some important upgrade and I am struggling, I wished I was witting on the couch in AC eating chips instead....
Sponsored