Sponsored

What am I missing here... it sure seems to me like the upcoming hybrid is the ONLY Wrangler to get!

lagunajim

Sad but true. I am a Jeeper and work for the EPA. Imagine how often I have to bite my tongue;)
I have to be careful as well -- I'm a lefty, but I haven't owned a car that beat 14mpg ever I don't think. I also used to drive a motorhome that got 6 mpg - yeah!!

To be funny once, I managed to get a photo of the motorhome towing the jeep -- at a gas station so there was one gas hose filling the motorhome and a second gas hose filling the jeep -- simultaneously!! Captioned it "for my prius friends"

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
One could argue that what you really should be "sorry" over is *poutine*... :)

Now, if you took the potatoes, deep fried them in butter, and then put BBQ sauce, BBQed brisket, pickled jalapenos, and cheddar cheese over it, that would be different... :)

EDITED 2018.11.17 20:24...

It seems that I've been blocked from replying on this thread, but I can still edit a previous comment, so I'll post it here...

And for (at least) the THIRD time, we get CENSORED on this thread and posts are lost!

So, what is it that the nannies do not want us to know? What are they hiding? Are they so afraid of honest discussion? Do they not realize that they are hurting their own site by these actions? If you start deleting posts because the discussion gets a bit heated, all you are going to have left is those folks who are posting about how long of a wait they have on their custom ordered JL. If that's what they want, then fine, by maybe they should just change the domain to "www.jlwrangleronorderandicantwaitforum.com" instead. At some point, people will just get tired of their posts getting deleted all the time and go elsewhere. I might not agree with the posts of some of the people here, but *sometimes* they do contribute useful information.

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Blazer, 2019 JLR, 2015 JLURHR (sold) 2014 JLUS (sold) 2014 JLRX (Sold)
One could argue that what you really should be "sorry" over is *poutine*... :)

Now, if you took the potatoes, deep fried them in butter, and then put BBQ sauce, BBQed brisket, and cheddar cheese over it, that would be different... :)
You won't believe me, but im literally eating a fresh as F poutine right now!

Fun fact, french fries with gravy and cheddar cheese is actually called "disco fries"

Poutine is a national treasure you leave it well enough alone thank you! Lets not have a repeat of 1812 here :P

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
I dont think so...my opinion of plug in hybrids is as follows
1. I dont drive jeeps for fuel economy
2. Out of the 9 hybrids ive had rides in 6 had bad breakdowns within a year. Twice while i was in them.
3 the meer thought of a hybrid jeep pisses me off.
4. The last thing i want is a jeep that is a slow pos like a prius
5. Imho Hybrid owners are the biggest group of pretentious, self absorbed pricks ive ever seen. 9 out of 10 time that i have a close call on my motorcycle with a destracted or ahole driver...they are driving a hybrid.
6. Hybrid owners costantly brag about their carbon footpring....funny but the first time you replace that expensive battery toy carbon footprint is now worse than a muscle car.
7. Hybrid owners brag about their fuel economy constantly. Funny but in a 10mph headwind a 911 gets better fuel economy than a prius.

basically id love to see all hybrids burn to the ground...as long as their owners were safe.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I leased my 2018, while I watch what jeep does with the wrangler.
If in 30 months wranglers are a shit show, I will buy out my 18, if it isn't a Heep.
if the hybrid can hit 30 mpg and have decent range, I will drive the shit out of one.(not a tree hugging tofu eating liberal vegan) although, I do love me some trees
Ever since they started making hybrids I always said...I will drive an EV when they make a wrangler an EV, as long as it still looks like a wrangler, and is still capable off road

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
I dont think so...my opinion of plug in hybrids is as follows
1. I dont drive jeeps for fuel economy
2. Out of the 9 hybrids ive had rides in 6 had bad breakdowns within a year. Twice while i was in them.
3 the meer thought of a hybrid jeep pisses me off.
4. The last thing i want is a jeep that is a slow pos like a prius
5. Imho Hybrid owners are the biggest group of pretentious, self absorbed pricks ive ever seen. 9 out of 10 time that i have a close call on my motorcycle with a destracted or ahole driver...they are driving a hybrid.
6. Hybrid owners costantly brag about their carbon footpring....funny but the first time you replace that expensive battery toy carbon footprint is now worse than a muscle car.
7. Hybrid owners brag about their fuel economy constantly. Funny but in a 10mph headwind a 911 gets better fuel economy than a prius.

basically id love to see all hybrids burn to the ground...as long as their owners were safe.
Let’s see.

1. Who cares
2. Don’t care
3. Childish
4. Aren’t all jeeps slow? I don’t know a single stock Jeep that’s fast by any means
5. Do you have the math on this?
6. That’s debatable since many are recycled
7. Again, I’d love any form of proof.

Sounds to me like old age and fear of change.

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let’s see.

1. Who cares
2. Don’t care
3. Childish
4. Aren’t all jeeps slow? I don’t know a single stock Jeep that’s fast by any means
5. Do you have the math on this?
6. That’s debatable since many are recycled
7. Again, I’d love any form of proof.

Sounds to me like old age and fear of change.
Most of the research is out there. Ask bikers, put 10k on a bike a year, read motor trend or car and driver. Not to difficult...oh wait...thats right you mellenials need everything done for you.

lagunajim

Most of the research is out there. Ask bikers, put 10k on a bike a year, read motor trend or car and driver. Not to difficult...oh wait...thats right you mellenials need everything done for you.
Yup those dumb millennials ...who created Facebook, Google, Amazon, ......

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
What’s even better is I’m not even a millennial. If you’re not interested in any form of hybrid why even come into this thread?

Not that I dislike hemis but if I did i wouldn’t go into the hemi info thread and just bash it haha. Childish yet again.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
But I do about 7k/year on my bike and I’ve come across assholes in all kinds of cars.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s even better is I’m not even a millennial. If you’re not interested in any form of hybrid why even come into this thread?

Not that I dislike hemis but if I did i wouldn’t go into the hemi info thread and just bash it haha. Childish yet again.
He asked what he was missing..i told him. Not my problem that he cant face reality that hybrids are crap.
Sponsored