Alright... I'll readily admit that a lot of this post is speculation... but IF things go the way they appear to be going how is it that EVERYBODY isn't waiting for the hybrid model???
- IF it's getting the same kind of setup as the Pacifica Hybrid it should EASILY get over 600 miles on a tank of gas (the Pacifica Hybrid has a 16.5 gallon tank with a 500-600 mile range and the current Wrangler has a 22.5 gallon tank so...)
- The Pacifica Hybrid has a $7500 premium on it BUT also comes with a government $7500 tax credit so the upcharge is "free" in the end (unlike the 2.0 / Diesel engine upcharges)
- The first 33 miles of Pacifica Hybrid use is all electric... so if you live less than 16.5 miles from work you'll essentially "never" use a drop of gas for your commute
- It only costs about $1.30 in electricity to charge the battery... MUCH cheaper than gas
- I'm sure that the torque is going to be similar or better than other setups