OP

ChiTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The Stock is +44, on my Sahara I installed 18" x 9.5" wheels with 35"x12.5" KO2's, The 1st set of wheels I had were +10 offsett which is a 5.75" backspace, that was with a 2" spacer lift. I was not happy with the spacer lift so I installed the Rancho 3.5" spring and shock lift, however when you go to the higher lifts with more flexing they recommend you have a -18 offset (4.5" backspace). It worked out for me as the original +10 XD wheels had a warranty issue so I was able to swap out to Fuel Assault wheels at 4.75" backspace to accommodate the lift. My point is keep the future in mind especially if you plan to lift and go 12.5" tires. I know some will say just use spacers, the problem with that is many tire shops will NOT work on rigs that use spacers.

Below is with 4.75 backspace

Mudflaps%203_zpsitvrkcmx.jpg

half%20doors%201_zpshuxh5vwo.jpg

Here is a 5.71 backspace
image2%201_zpsd8lupibd.jpg

Step%20wheels%203%20chrome_zpse2mrs4ih.jpg
That's a really great look! Can I ask why you didn't like your spacer lift? I was planning to go with one since i'm in super-flat Chicago and offroading isn't really a concern of mine, but i'm new to the jeep world so any advice is appreciated!
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Agreed. Maybe I could have articulated it better, maybe not. Doesn't matter, you're right. The important part is the OP got the help they were looking for. I edited my last response to remove the unnecessary defensive reply.

Cheers.
I must admit I didn't fully understand your original post and did not realize the relevancy to OP's question, but I do apologize that I didn't read thoroughly and jumped to conclusions.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
That's a really great look! Can I ask why you didn't like your spacer lift? I was planning to go with one since i'm in super-flat Chicago and offroading isn't really a concern of mine, but i'm new to the jeep world so any advice is appreciated!

The spacer lift I had was ok however it did not correct the front rake, however that was more a issue of the particular lift I used. I plan to offroad so I wanted more articulation and clearance where spacer lift simply does not accommodate. as far as ride it was fine, just make sure you get the spacer lift with rake correction, they other thing was since I have a aftermarket front bumper, winch and tow-plate the added weight cause d the front to drop a little more the a spring and shock lift helps offset that. so for mostly on road driving and mild off road with no added front end weight spacers will serve you well.

Also note more articulation impacts your offset of the wheels, which is why many 3" plus lift kits recommend -18 or more offset which puts the wheels further out from the wells.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I must admit I didn't fully understand your original post and did not realize the relevancy to OP's question, but I do apologize that I didn't read thoroughly and jumped to conclusions.
All good, no worries. :like:

FWIW, I've got a spacer lift on my Jeep. It's a 2" Daystar kit, which also comes with LCA's to correct the caster angle which is altered by a lift. It does NOT level the Jeep. The stock rake is retained, so you get 2" front and rear, rather than slightly more up front like some kits. I personally don't mind the stock rake on the JL, but on my previous Rams I always got lifts that leveled too.
Same as lightsout, the ride is good on mine too. Actually, it's not just good, it's exactly the same as stock, which to me is great. However, spacer lifts won't get you any added suspension travel, and are primarily intended for looks and/or clearing bigger tires. Although I've heard that bigger heavier tires are better suited to beefier suspension components than stock. If that's true a more robust lift my be a better choice if you're looking at tires in the size you mentioned.
I've got a set of 34's waiting to go on once the TPMS sensors arrive. They'll be lighter than the 35+ tires you're looking at, but I can let you know how they feel with the spacer lift. The stock suspension should be okay with the rims/tires I've got, but it will give you a little reference.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
All good, no worries. :like:

FWIW, I've got a spacer lift on my Jeep. It's a 2" Daystar kit, which also comes with LCA's to correct the caster angle which is altered by a lift. It does NOT level the Jeep. The stock rake is retained, so you get 2" front and rear, rather than slightly more up front like some kits. I personally don't mind the stock rake on the JL, but on my previous Rams I always got lifts that leveled too.
Same as lightsout, the ride is good on mine too. Actually, it's not just good, it's exactly the same as stock, which to me is great. However, spacer lifts won't get you any added suspension travel, and are primarily intended for looks and/or clearing bigger tires. Although I've heard that bigger heavier tires are better suited to beefier suspension components than stock. If that's true a more robust lift my be a better choice if you're looking at tires in the size you mentioned.
I've got a set of 34's waiting to go on once the TPMS sensors arrive. They'll be lighter than the 35+ tires you're looking at, but I can let you know how they feel with the spacer lift. The stock suspension should be okay with the rims/tires I've got, but it will give you a little reference.

@Shots... When I put the 35's on I was worried about the ride and road noise with the larger wider tires, in my opinion the ride improved, there was no change to road noise, you should be happy with your 34's. The key is to find the right tire pressure I lowered mine to 32lbs for the best ride. The tire shop will probably fill them to 36lbs

With the aftermarket bumper, winch, and tow plate on the front I had a 1.5" rake (drop) I felt it in the seat that was slightly sloped forward, when I leveled off what a difference in seat comfort. In fact I would still like to raise the front of the seat another "1

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks for the info, that's reassuring. I really like the way my Jeep rode from factory so I've been trying to keep it as close to that as possible, while still making the modifications that I wanted. It's a fine line, I'm sure.
Good point about the added weight on yours too. The extra weight pushing the front down in addition to the stock rake would definitely be too much.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
-12 offset 4.7 backspace
Sponsored