Sponsored

What aftermarket battery are you running?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if it's the same without some further info. On the Odyssey charger the condition mode raises the battery to 14.7 volts for several hours, not sure if yours is doing the same or not from the description, it could be similar or it could be what alot would consider a "Float mode".

2ycvhm.jpg

Either way you have a good charger/maintainer and it should do your batteries well if you make using it a part of your regular maintenance routine. There are guys out there running 1 and 2 amp battery tenders that are doing more harm to their batts than good. I don't think the Odyssey batt charger is a necessity, just a nice to have. I wouldn't hesitate to use the one you purchased if that's what I had.
When I first hook up to my NOCO 10 after about 30 mins the voltages on each Full River 750 show like 14.5 volts then it slowly trickles off as time goes by, usually after a few hours it’s in the 13.3-13.5 range and when checking it several hours ( 3-5 ) later all lights are out except a pulse green and the 12v AGM light and metered voltage with it connected is 12.7-12.8 on both and that’s described as maint mode.

I unhooked it yesterday morning as It was in maint mode and voltage on both batteries were 12.7-12.8 with it hooked up, it sat all afternoon off the charger before work and then I checked it and it was 12.6-12.7 so off to work and during my drive the EVIC display was 14.1-14.2 but by the time I got to work ( 30 min drive ) the EVIC displayed 13.6-13.7 and I had the EVIC voltage ramping up and down during speeding up and slowing down so the charging system of the alternator is doing it’s smart charging thing.

It sat all night at work and during my drive home initially the voltage on the EVIC display the same 14.2 but by the time I got home it was back down to 13.7-13.8 and after sitting off the charger for 10 hrs the metered voltage at the batteries were 12.7-12.8 and I can’t ask for better than that, I believe the Full Rivers are fully charged at 12.8-12.9

I did notice that the Cole Hersee solenoid is pretty warm but after chatting with Shane from @Genesis Offroad its by design and perfectly normal and the relay will stay closed and allow power to flow thru the solenoid until the main crank drops be.ow 12.7 and I was at 12.7-12.8 so no worries

I will continue to do a daily voltage check for several days but I believe it’s doing what it’s supposed to be doing by design

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
When I first hook up to my NOCO 10 after about 30 mins the voltages on each Full River 750 show like 14.5 volts then it slowly trickles off as time goes by, usually after a few hours it’s in the 13.3-13.5 range and when checking it several hours ( 3-5 ) later all lights are out except a pulse green and the 12v AGM light and metered voltage with it connected is 12.7-12.8 on both and that’s described as maint mode.

I unhooked it yesterday morning as It was in maint mode and voltage on both batteries were 12.7-12.8 with it hooked up, it sat all afternoon off the charger before work and then I checked it and it was 12.6-12.7 so off to work and during my drive the EVIC display was 14.1-14.2 but by the time I got to work ( 30 min drive ) the EVIC displayed 13.6-13.7 and I had the EVIC voltage ramping up and down during speeding up and slowing down so the charging system of the alternator is doing it’s smart charging thing.

It sat all night at work and during my drive home initially the voltage on the EVIC display the same 14.2 but by the time I got home it was back down to 13.7-13.8 and after sitting off the charger for 10 hrs the metered voltage at the batteries were 12.7-12.8 and I can’t ask for better than that, I believe the Full Rivers are fully charged at 12.8-12.9

I did notice that the Cole Hersee solenoid is pretty warm but after chatting with Shane from @Genesis Offroad its by design and perfectly normal and the relay will stay closed and allow power to flow thru the solenoid until the main crank drops be.ow 12.7 and I was at 12.7-12.8 so no worries

I will continue to do a daily voltage check for several days but I believe it’s doing what it’s supposed to be doing by design
keep us posted, I am curious.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
keep us posted, I am curious.
So far it’s going very well with the same consistent voltages on the batteries everyday and my JL is acting like it did when I first got it, the EVIC voltage display fluctuates up and down after a very short period of driving and Uconnect seems to have quit having its buggy moments but it’s only been a few days, I may even after the week let it sit several days just to see how much the voltage drops off as apparently once the main crank battery drops below 12.7 the isolator separates the two batteries to keep it from being d by using items connected to the aux but Uconnect and all the factory stuff is powered off the main so it will continue to go down some as I’m sure there is a small parasitic draw like most vehicles but I will have what I have termed is my “Boost“ battery to get me out of a jam if needed.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
No, same exact battery but posts are reversed.
gotcha.

So far it’s going very well with the same consistent voltages on the batteries everyday and my JL is acting like it did when I first got it, the EVIC voltage display fluctuates up and down after a very short period of driving and Uconnect seems to have quit having its buggy moments but it’s only been a few days, I may even after the week let it sit several days just to see how much the voltage drops off as apparently once the main crank battery drops below 12.7 the isolator separates the two batteries to keep it from being d by using items connected to the aux but Uconnect and all the factory stuff is powered off the main so it will continue to go down some as I’m sure there is a small parasitic draw like most vehicles but I will have what I have termed is my “Boost“ battery to get me out of a jam if needed.
What is Uconnect doing that you consider buggy?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
gotcha.

What is Uconnect doing that you consider buggy?
Before going to the duel battery system the Uconnect screen would stay lit a lot but usually go out after a few minutes but since going to my new setup it goes out usually within 20-30 secs, maybe it’s a coincidence that it stopped doing it after I had the system put in like maybe just powering it down fixed the issue.

Also my battery voltage displayed would usually be a above 14 all the time and would take a long drive just to get it down under 14 but it never stayed there more than a day and then back up about 14 and my short drives back and fourth to work never got it down but now it seems that even after 15 mins of driving that it drops, i doubt this has to do with the Genesis and more to do with the bigger badder batteries and I also have two of them that are normally connected together 99.9% of the time and that’s a lot of power compared to stock

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Before going to the duel battery system the Uconnect screen would stay lit a lot but usually go out after a few minutes but since going to my new setup it goes out usually within 20-30 secs
when did this occur? just at door opening, or?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
when did this occur? just at door opening, or?
I would get out and close the door and lock with remote and sometimes it would go out in 30 secs and other times 2 mins, once a very long time back it took 45 mins but after the main battery was replaced it never happened again as far as being on that long, not sure how great the factory batteries are but here is South Texas heat is a big killer of batteries

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would get out and close the door and lock with remote and sometimes it would go out in 30 secs and other times 2 mins, once a very long time back it took 45 mins but after the main battery was replaced it never happened again as far as being on that long, not sure how great the factory batteries are but here is South Texas heat is a big killer of batteries
I have fully trickle charge the stock battery setup a few times in 1400 miles. My SSA would not even kick on after a 2 hour trip where I did not shut off motor, even if I turned off the AC and lights.

I live up in Dallas, it's just as shitty here. Granted you have a special sticky shitty there.

Genesis kit came today, I like the finish of it, one of the threadings looks like it might need a file, but it's a nice hefty holder with good terminations on the top.

Batteries tomorrow, charger saturday.

I am going to measure the voltage on that little battery when I pull it tomorrow.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have fully trickle charge the stock battery setup a few times in 1400 miles. My SSA would not even kick on after a 2 hour trip where I did not shut off motor, even if I turned off the AC and lights.

I live up in Dallas, it's just as shitty here. Granted you have a special sticky shitty there.

Genesis kit came today, I like the finish of it, one of the threadings looks like it might need a file, but it's a nice hefty holder with good terminations on the top.

Batteries tomorrow, charger saturday.

I am going to measure the voltage on that little battery when I pull it tomorrow.
I would be curious what voltage readings you get off the baby battery but my bet is it’s close to the main as long as they are connected the two batteries equalize in voltages and if the ESS battery is going bad it will always pull from the main crank battery, this is the main reason I went to the Genesis system.

As others have said and I say as well, it’s a pricy system especially with Full River 750’s or the Odyssey PC1400’s and if you have it installed there’s a small charge for that but I was not confident in my skills to jerk out that fuse box, I never have really good luck with stuff like that and I was concerned I might break a fuse box connector so I just left it up to my go to shop here in Houston and also had some other things done like a hitch and extender put on along with tire size programmed and TPMS limits lowered, @TTEChris at Tank Customs is a one stop shop and stands behind all work done at his shop even at a loss.

My suggestion is give those new batteries a full charge and try to do a regular monthly maint charge to keep them at peak, that’s my plan and after doing some research on Full Rivers site and chatting with them in a few emails they highly recommend regular charging with a good charger designed for there batteries
Sponsored

Last edited: