Sponsored

What aftermarket battery are you running?

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Someone had mentioned that the class 25 odyssey extreme was cancelled, is this true? I still see them avail everywhere
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Someone had mentioned that the class 25 odyssey extreme was cancelled, is this true? I still see them avail everywhere
I think they just released the new model. Old one had a “T” at the end of the model number.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
my experience as well. why I bought one, this is something my fancy dc-dc charger will not do.
Yea, I run it once a month
I just ordered these

https://www.genesisoffroad.com/group-25-battery

Odyssey 25-PC1400 Battery: Tundra, 4Runner, JL & JT
Those are the good ones that are being discontinued, there's still a bunch of new ones floating around on the market. Those will be replaced by Odyssey with the "Performance series" group 25 in the near future. I'm not too happy about the changes myself being that the "extreme series" is more rugged than the "performance series" from what info I've been able to find. Not much we can do about it though. Luckily I'm pretty sure I have a few years left on mine, as they approach the 5 year mark I'll see what the market has to offer and decide if I want the "performance series" or a different brand battery all together.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Unless after a full charge it goes to a maint mode on its own and does some sort of conditioning

53AA4562-302B-4A95-B44C-96744858322D.jpeg
I'm not sure if it's the same without some further info. On the Odyssey charger the condition mode raises the battery to 14.7 volts for several hours, not sure if yours is doing the same or not from the description, it could be similar or it could be what alot would consider a "Float mode".

Jeep Wrangler JL What aftermarket battery are you running? 2ycvhm

Either way you have a good charger/maintainer and it should do your batteries well if you make using it a part of your regular maintenance routine. There are guys out there running 1 and 2 amp battery tenders that are doing more harm to their batts than good. I don't think the Odyssey batt charger is a necessity, just a nice to have. I wouldn't hesitate to use the one you purchased if that's what I had.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yea, I run it once a month

Those are the good ones that are being discontinued, there's still a bunch of new ones floating around on the market. Those will be replaced by Odyssey with the "Performance series" group 25 in the near future. I'm not too happy about the changes myself being that the "extreme series" is more rugged than the "performance series" from what info I've been able to find. Not much we can do about it though. Luckily I'm pretty sure I have a few years left on mine, as they approach the 5 year mark I'll see what the market has to offer and decide if I want the "performance series" or a different brand battery all together.
is there a possibility that in the future no one makes a HD group 25 battery? I know it was used for space in the design, but as far as I know, it's not a battery that is commonly used off-road/atv/tractor.

So if we ever got to the point of having to buy the rank and file group 25 batteries that are lead plate and 550ca (or just find ourselves on the road with a pep boys close), would the Genesis system still work with two crappier batteries?

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
is there a possibility that in the future no one makes a HD group 25 battery? I know it was used for space in the design, but as far as I know, it's not a battery that is commonly used off-road/atv/tractor.

So if we ever got to the point of having to buy the rank and file group 25 batteries that are lead plate and 550ca (or just find ourselves on the road with a pep boys close), would the Genesis system still work with two crappier batteries?
Yup, should work with any group 25's. Genesys is actually steering people to the Full River brand batts recently because of the changes coming to the Odyssey line.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yup, should work with any group 25's. Genesys is actually steering people to the Full River brand batts recently because of the changes coming to the Odyssey line.
Yes, would prefer to buy US and pay more.

But I looked, had a few drinks, and thought really hard why it would not work with crappier batteries, because at some point mine will still need replaced somewhere that there is only a western auto open 200 miles away.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I'm seriously contemplating the group 35 batts from Odyssey since they are exactly the same as the 25's. All I'll have to do it make a new set of cables to reach the opposite side of the battery.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm seriously contemplating the group 35 batts from Odyssey since they are exactly the same as the 25's. All I'll have to do it make a new set of cables to reach the opposite side of the battery.
Same footprint but taller? I will take that.
Sponsored