Sponsored

What accessories do you wait most for to be built or invented?

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Window vent visors that match the Black Fenders and Hardtop.
Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
One thing that I don't understand are the bar- lights that go across the hood. It seems the bar-light interferes with the option to have the windshield down.

I did have a crazy thought: Have a light that attaches to the windshield that can be used inside the cabin and can be flipped the other direction to help light the front when the windshield is down.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A decent hood lock. A front camera system that connects directly to the Uconnect video.

I wonder how many engineering dollars FCA spent designing their goofy fold down windshield that is of no practical use. I don't think many owners are interested in driving around getting dirt in their eyes or having them poked out by a tree branch, bugs in their teeth, or shooting a rifle over the hood. I live on the Texas coast where Jeeps are one of the more common vehicles. I have never seen one driven on the beach with the windshield folded. The only place I have seen a folded windshield is in dealers' showrooms.
WisTex: Quadratec is quoting 12/6 delivery on the JL MOPAR hood lock. Then again, they've moved this date up several times in the past.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hood-lock-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

Quadratec has some hood locking solutions until this part is available. I have these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P0WM12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 locks on my hood latches. I know...it's almost embarrassing how weak they are. I figure, maybe the opportunistic thief moves to an easier target than my rig...not that I wish anyone harm.

I agree this a greater priority than folding windshields. The funny thing about folding windshields is it's the thing not too frequently used that FCA is, for lack of a better word, scared to do away with for fear that purists will say that the JL was the model that sold out Wrangler tradition.

You know how it is...an older of an older model sometimes can feel the only real Wrangler was the CJ, or JK, or TJ, or Willy's etc.

Sponsored

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
European JL parts would aksa be great.
Love their silver mirrors with blinkers and a few other things including the hood lock

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Whining passenger 100% delete
Ex-wife exhaust manifold
Anything from AEV.
Self loading Roof top tent.
Simple wiring addition package in cargo area for Idiots who might burn down their Jeep (me)
Unbreakable, un-chippable, un-crackable windshield
more wheels with exact Jeep bore size
A lot less "Order now and your item will ship when its Ready" on Quadratec.
Ability to reprogram: the auto down windows so they go auto UP too!!!!! And reprogram the Uconnect that can kill those Dust, Fog, Crickets, Air, Flying Pigs, Flaming Frog weather alerts that pop up.

And Travelboysteve's wish.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha,...yes!!!

and thank you for the laugh, holy hell I needed that.

I mean, other than tech threads, I really don't take forums too seriously.
Geez, if I did, my self esteem would be in the shitter.

"Ex-wife exhaust manifold"
Now that's funny right there,.....

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Dont' really see the need for a cage....that was a main selling point for me buying a JL. Jeep FINALLY got their heads out of their butts and made an A pillar as part of the cage. Don't get me wrong, I've twisted up plenty of tube....

Here's an example:

6ngWWS4.jpg

But interior cages (I've done several) can be a real problem for daily driving in that if you use large enough tubing to account for the weight of a 4 door JLUR, you almost need to wear a helmet on the street since in a really bad accident, severe head injury is a real issue.

Holy pretzel logic Batman,....nice bending, (electrical by trade)
:fist bump:
:clap::clap::clap:

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
1. Solid fabric bikini top
2. Frame/hinge mounted spare tire carrier
3. Center console/armrest cover

That’s the priority order I google search almost daily.

Wouldn’t mind a “TopLift Amateur” - the less than $1k version
+ 1 on the WATERPROOF solid bikini top.

Sponsored

WisTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
WisTex: Quadratec is quoting 12/6 delivery on the JL MOPAR hood lock. Then again, they've moved this date up several times in the past.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hood-lock-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

Quadratec has some hood locking solutions until this part is available. I have these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P0WM12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 locks on my hood latches. I know...it's almost embarrassing how weak they are. I figure, maybe the opportunistic thief moves to an easier target than my rig...not that I wish anyone harm.

I agree this a greater priority than folding windshields. The funny thing about folding windshields is it's the thing not too frequently used that FCA is, for lack of a better word, scared to do away with for fear that purists will say that the JL was the model that sold out Wrangler tradition.

You know how it is...an older of an older model sometimes can feel the only real Wrangler was the CJ, or JK, or TJ, or Willy's etc.

I remember seeing a video showing some guy with an effeminate British accent raving about how retaining the fold down windshield was evidence that FCA was staying true to the Jeep heritage.

OP
OP

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
1. Solid fabric bikini top
2. Frame/hinge mounted spare tire carrier
3. Center console/armrest cover

That’s the priority order I google search almost daily.

Wouldn’t mind a “TopLift Amateur” - the less than $1k version

I found a concept for your #3 on Pinterest. It's not likely to be the fabric style you seek, but the idea might be:

JohnJG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR4x4 Dbl Cab Long Bed loaded
Occupation
USMC Ret DAV
Do you have photos of your rig with the Rhino Dominator side steps? I'd prefer to see it with regular photos vs the professional versions to get a real life look at them. And the video on that link isn't playing.
The side steps just arrived. Looking at mounting them Friday. Rain delay.

JohnJG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR4x4 Dbl Cab Long Bed loaded
Occupation
USMC Ret DAV
Do you have photos of your rig with the Rhino Dominator side steps? I'd prefer to see it with regular photos vs the professional versions to get a real life look at them. And the video on that link isn't playing.
Jeremyjeep,

Pics as promised. The install took a little longer than it should have. It was impossible to install per instructions: mount brackets to jeep, then side step to brackets. I ended up assembling the brackets to the side step, then the entire apparatus to the jeep. Much easier.

The front and rear brackets are different length. One set is about 3/8" longer than the other. Instructions were unclear on this. Called Go Rhino and they told me the wrong way as evidenced in the last 2 pics. The side steps are slightly angled out toward the rear of the jeep. Going to have to swap those tomorrow.

John

20181026_184705.jpg

20181026_184718.jpg

20181026_184737.jpg

20181026_184747.jpg

20181026_184918.jpg

20181026_184925.jpg

20181026_184938.jpg

20181026_184810.jpg

20181026_184826.jpg

20181026_184850.jpg

20181026_184907.jpg