Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
In true Roam fashion, they released the slimline rear bumper/tire carrier and is available to order on their website now. Here’s the kicker, it’s been shown for sale at $899 but on sale for $799 for close to a year or atleast as long as I’ve been looking at it. Here’s the kicker, they have it listed now for $1399 e-coated. How in the world do they nearly double the price for everyone that has been waiting for them for up to a year?

This is the stuff that drives me crazy. The pioneer bumper we’re selling will go down this same path I’m sure. Im disappointed for everyone that has been anxiously awaiting this and hope that they honor the original price for those that were on the waiting list at least.

To anyone I led to roam and encouraged you to believe in them and in particular this part, I’m genuinely sorry

Brett
I am really surprised at the price jump, that eCoating is ok, but not near as nice as others. I just installed the Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier, and my Poison Spyder Bruiser bumper came in and both of those have significantly better finishes. My Roam brackets were trashed from shipping, and my Teraflex carrier was worked with on the garage floor and did not get a scratch. The Poison Spyder finish is also way better.

I still like my Roam slider/steps, but after getting other products I can see the difference in the quality of the powder for sure. I wish that the customer service was better as I would still buy unfinished products from them if the service was better. However after the last email I think I will just spend my money elsewhere.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I am really surprised at the price jump, that eCoating is ok, but not near as nice as others. I just installed the Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier, and my Poison Spyder Bruiser bumper came in and both of those have significantly better finishes. My Roam brackets were trashed from shipping, and my Teraflex carrier was worked with on the garage floor and did not get a scratch. The Poison Spyder finish is also way better.

I still like my Roam slider/steps, but after getting other products I can see the difference in the quality of the powder for sure. I wish that the customer service was better as I would still buy unfinished products from them if the service was better. However after the last email I think I will just spend my money elsewhere.
I’ve installed several of the teraflex alpha tire carriers and really like them. I think they are great for 35s but wonder how much support of any is needed to reliably support the 37s for the long haul. The finish on them is superb.

Brett

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve installed several of the teraflex alpha tire carriers and really like them. I think they are great for 35s but wonder how much support of any is needed to reliably support the 37s for the long haul. The finish on them is superb.

Brett
Yeah, I am Using it with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement until a full hinge replacement option is out from Teraflex like they have for the JK. With the Rubicons now coming with heavier Falcon M/T I think there will be more need since they are a lot heavier than the K02s. I trust my current setup to handle a 35 and new wheels, but not sure how comfortable I would be with heavier 37s and higher speed runs where there is a lot of vibration. I think a full hinge replacement or frame mounted carrier would be best in that case.

VitaminK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL and military HMMWV
I sent an email. The reply was that the price they listed before was for the bumper itself and not the bumper/tire carrier. Don’t shoot the messenger.

it still seems to me to be the best bet. I’m just sad I have to pay 500 more.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent an email. The reply was that the price they listed before was for the bumper itself and not the bumper/tire carrier. Don’t shoot the messenger.

That’s been the official reply and makes sense. Just seems like a bait and switch. Never was that ever mentioned in the numerous conversations over nearly a year and I mentioned how great the price point was over and over.

I wish them the best of luck, however, I won’t be working with them anymore. As I’ve mentioned, I love their designs and attention to detail on most stuff. It’s the customer service that is lacking and the broken promises without communication that gets old.

Brett

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

That may be the situation now, but when it was first introduced at that price it seemed far too low for an American made product of the quality that it seemed to be. So I asked. I was told that that price was indeed for bumper AND tire carrier. Seems that’s changed now.

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1981 CJ7
Ordered Roam sliders, last Wednesday, got them this Wednesday, package was very good, very protected. Put them on with no issues, hope the e coating holds up, they look great on our jeep. I hope they have got their act together

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Anthony told me earlier this year that I could pre-order rails but every time I'd ask for an invoice (because their website SUCKS) I wouldn't get a response. I just went another direction and stopped looking at ROAM. I commented on the post today but deleted what I originally wrote and just went with a little tongue-in-cheek. I wish they were a better company. They build some cool stuff but can't get it together
I agree about their website. It has little-to-no information or details about their products. They have a few small pictures that entice you, but then the rest is a big let-down. And now based on the feedback I'm seeing here, I guess I'll stay away. It's disappointing... I was really interested in their long arm LCG kit. It looks like it would be great from the few pictures you can see. But without any information to inform a decision, I guess I'll go elsewhere.

Roam Offroad, are you listening to your current and potential customers?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
In true Roam fashion, they released the slimline rear bumper/tire carrier and is available to order on their website now. Here’s the kicker, it’s been shown for sale at $899 but on sale for $799 for close to a year or atleast as long as I’ve been looking at it. Here’s the kicker, they have it listed now for $1399 e-coated. How in the world do they nearly double the price for everyone that has been waiting for them for up to a year?

This is the stuff that drives me crazy. The pioneer bumper we’re selling will go down this same path I’m sure. Im disappointed for everyone that has been anxiously awaiting this and hope that they honor the original price for those that were on the waiting list at least.

To anyone I led to roam and encouraged you to believe in them and in particular this part, I’m genuinely sorry

Brett
That’s been the official reply and makes sense. Just seems like a bait and switch. Never was that ever mentioned in the numerous conversations over nearly a year and I mentioned how great the price point was over and over.

I wish them the best of luck, however, I won’t be working with them anymore. As I’ve mentioned, I love their designs and attention to detail on most stuff. It’s the customer service that is lacking and the broken promises without communication that gets old.

Brett
That price increase just made me cross them off the list as a possibility. I'll go with LOD or Motobilt, depending on which direction I decide to go. The info on their website definitely made it seem like it was a complete unit. I'd rather buy bare steel stuff any way as I'm in the northeast and after a few winters, coated stuff usually starts to fade and crack and flake- sooner if the rig has seen any more significant trail use and has gotten scraped. It's easier to just rattle can stuff like this gloss black and touch up as needed.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That price increase just made me cross them off the list as a possibility. I'll go with LOD or Motobilt, depending on which direction I decide to go. The info on their website definitely made it seem like it was a complete unit. I'd rather buy bare steel stuff any way as I'm in the northeast and after a few winters, coated stuff usually starts to fade and crack and flake- sooner if the rig has seen any more significant trail use and has gotten scraped. It's easier to just rattle can stuff like this gloss black and touch up as needed.
It was a bait and switch, if that was there intention or not I know what I was told. However, it’s water under the bridge. I have finished installed LoDs rear bumper/tire carrier and I can tell you it’s excellent. Very well thought out and holds a 40 great!

Brett
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.