Sponsored

What’s the weakest point under the new JL?

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Would any members who take their JLs off-road regularly like to chime in on what they think are the biggest weak points under the Jeep. If you started from scratch what order would you go in to protect from trail damage?
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think it's the crossmembers for the Rubi skids. Damaging them isn't a big deal but they're magnets to hang you up

That said, I haven't seen any aftermarket solutions that impress me, so it's custom fab or nothing.

I'm just not sold on the MetalCloak system, that's just me. The expense and the weight are just too great

OP
OP
TylerR

TylerR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I think it's the crossmembers for the Rubi skids. Damaging them isn't a big deal but they're magnets to hang you up

That said, I haven't seen any aftermarket solutions that impress me, so it's custom fab or nothing.

I'm just not sold on the MetalCloak system, that's just me. The expense and the weight are just too great
I was looking under mine today and had the same thought. Think the best coverage I’ve seen are from rock hard, but are pricey. Quadratec has an affordable aluminum set, but the coverage leaves a bit to be desired. The areas skids don’t cover that seem to be taking abuse are the drive shaft, and the lower control arms. Curious if anyone is beefing up any of the mounts on the new d44 or if they made sufficient improvements from the JK
Sponsored