Sponsored

What’s the one option you didn’t want, but now glad you have?

mwpncookeville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Stingray Gray
You will regret not getting the safety group. The advanced safety good is good and bad. Adaptive cruise is nice but I could live without emergency braking
I don’t own yet so can’t comment myself but curious as to what others think. As of now I don’t “want” steel bumpers, towing or safety but trying to think through which of these I would be glad to have later.
I would get the steel bumper group, the winter package with heated steering wheel, the tow group, and the proximity door entry. We bought used, so I was unable to pick and choose. We have the winter group and the proximity door entry - love them both, but I was unable to find a used one in my price range that had all four of the above.
Sponsored

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I don’t own yet so can’t comment myself but curious as to what others think. As of now I don’t “want” steel bumpers, towing or safety but trying to think through which of these I would be glad to have later.
I have a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara that I ordered from the factory, so of course I don't have anything I didn't want. I loaded it up pretty well, but one thing I **DO** wish I had ordered and didn't was the LED lighting group. At the time, I was thinking, "Man, $995 for LED headlights? Are the stock headlights that bad?" Yes, yes they are.

One thing I'm glad I didn't spend money on was whatever safety group included the blind spot monitor. My wife's Volvo XC60 has the BLIS and it's just about essential in that car. I wouldn't feel real comfortable changing lanes without it. In the Jeep, though, I find it very easy to see what's lurking back there just using the side mirrors. Maybe I'd feel differently if I did a lot of city driving, but for me the visibility out of the Jeep is excellent, no need for a blind spot monitor.

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Nothing, I ordered it the way I wanted. I never buy off the lot. I can get a better deal by ordering and I get exactly what I want.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Nothing, I ordered it the way I wanted. I never buy off the lot. I can get a better deal by ordering and I get exactly what I want.
I agree. Not sure why most people don't order; it only takes a month. If you are rideless, rent a car for a month until it comes in - problem solved.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
One thing I'm glad I didn't spend money on was whatever safety group included the blind spot monitor. My wife's Volvo XC60 has the BLIS and it's just about essential in that car. I wouldn't feel real comfortable changing lanes without it. In the Jeep, though, I find it very easy to see what's lurking back there just using the side mirrors. Maybe I'd feel differently if I did a lot of city driving, but for me the visibility out of the Jeep is excellent, no need for a blind spot monitor.
I am buying the two safety packages on my next Jeep. I suspect that the blindspot monitors are to get you out of a jam when you are distracted, as opposed to a lane-changing facilitator.

That said, some on this forum think that the safety groups would be made obsolete if we would just "pay attention". As if we've made a conscious decision to let our minds wander.

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
You will regret not getting the safety group. The advanced safety good is good and bad. Adaptive cruise is nice but I could live without emergency braking
On my 2019 Moab, the emergency braking feature is defeatable in the U-Connect "Safety" sub-menu.

jrjr1229

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White Rubicon Recon
get the adv safety group, might save your life if an emergency stops happens

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
LED group and child weather group. Both are awesom !

Sponsored

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely the Sky One-Touch top! It wasn't that important to me but my wife was adamant. I can't imagine not having it now. It's freakin great!!

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
Am I going to regret not ordering either of the safety groups? It’s a short 2-door and between the backup cam and my mobility, I thought I could manage without radar sensing.
Nah, the jeep is squared off. It ends where it visually stops. I have the 2dr and have zero blind spots.

Golfshrink

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, ‘07 Toyota FJ Cruiser & 1968 IH Scout 800
Vehicle Showcase
LED lighting

wheels082

First Name
Paul