Sponsored

What’s the one option you didn’t want, but now glad you have?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I agree. My hands are so pampered, I am ready to be a hand model.
Haha yep! At first I was like, "Nah! I'm a tough-as-nails working man who shoots guns and eats raw meat. I don't need no stinking heated steering wheel."

Now I'm never going back lol
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Haha yep! At first I was like, "Nah! I'm a tough-as-nails working man who shoots guns and eats raw meat. I don't need no stinking heated steering wheel."

Now I'm never going back lol
A real man don’t need no heated s——-ahhh yeah that feels good.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Nothing, not a single thing, this is my dream Jeep and I ordered it exact as I wanted it.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Did you decide to keep it?
Yeah, the main concern was losing my job, but apparently that's not going to happen. I'm on indefinite furlough but they assure me that I'll still have a job when it's over, and unemployment is sustaining me until then.

Oh, and I will say this, there is one thing I really don't like about the new Wrangler and that's the lack of a transmission dipstick, it seems like a bad place to cut costs, but it's not a huge thing in the grand scheme.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yeah, the main concern was losing my job, but apparently that's not going to happen. I'm on indefinite furlough but they assure me that I'll still have a job when it's over, and unemployment is sustaining me until then.
Good to hear. Enjoy the hell out of it!

Lil Red

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A good stereo system is a must for when the top is off.

RayJay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2009 JKU Saraha
cold weather group. didn't want it till i went thru my first winter heated seats are nice.
x2 Heated seats are great in the winter!

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the tow package, the cold weather package and proximity entry. The only option that didn't come with my JL that I wanted was the LED package. I have the turn signals, the Diode Dynamics clear side markers. Once I get a set of the fog lights, I'll install those and let my dealer install the LED headlights.

The Tow Package comes with the AUX switches, you'll probably want to have those.

The heated steering wheel and seats are must have, imo. It's so nice having that warm steering wheel when it's cold.

And I can't imagine not having proximity entry.

Mine is a 2018 and I like the Safety Group. I wish I had adaptive cruise control but the blind spot monitor has saved me a couple of times.
+1 on the tow pkg for aux switches, and subsequent electrical upgrade.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Adaptive Cruise Control. Thought that was a gimmick. It’s a game changer. I LOVE it!!!!

You can drive for hours on the freeway, or backcountry roads and never touch the throttle or brakes- from basically a stop (haven’t tried it at a complete stop), to as fast as you can go!

Sponsored

Texasotan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I didn't plan on getting the 7" touchscreen or the premium audio package. I am so happy that the jeep i picked has them!

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I have an 18 Sahara, I ordered everything on it except the cold weather package and my thought was it gets parked in the garage don’t need it, we’ll work temporarily relocated me and now I regret not getting it because it now sits outside of my hotel and when it was snowing it sucked

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Painted Fenders and Adaptive cmCruisecwere the 2 options that were not on my mush have list, but ended up with them.

I like the look of the painted fenders over the black, but though the black plastic would hold up better. Funny thing is, the only scratches that show up on the fenders is in the black trim on the edges. The painted parts look great.

I've grown to like Adaptive Cruise. On long highway trips and convoy ride to the trails with my 4x4 club, its really nice to have. I have had a few pause positives with the Advanced Brake Assist... mostly in parking decks.

The option I wanted, but now wish I had not is the Steel Bumpers. I love the look, but had I known it was going to be an extra $250 for a winch plate on top of the $1300 fir the option, Id have gone aftermarket.

I do wish you could get a less expensive 8.4 Uconnect Radio without Nav. Uneven us the built in b Ave and use Waze or Google maps (with downloaded maps of where I'm going in case there's no signal). My daughter's Compass Trailhaw is 8.4 without Nav, so they can do it that way. Its not a big deal, but just an option I could have saved a few bucks on.

20200405_170241.jpg

Donack31

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Auto stop/start. At first, like most people I thought it was the dumbest thing possible. I would always disable it when I started the Jeep. After watching a couple videos showing how much gas you actually use idling at a stop light I now leave it on . Apparently anything over 7 seconds uses more gas than it takes to start the engine. I honestly don't even notice the engine turning off anymore.
Sponsored