Sponsored

What’s the one option you didn’t want, but now glad you have?

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I don’t own yet so can’t comment myself but curious as to what others think. As of now I don’t “want” steel bumpers, towing or safety but trying to think through which of these I would be glad to have later.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I ordered and have exactly what I wanted. No regrets at all. With the exception of a new color or new unknown available options I would order the exact same build if I were to buy another JL.

The heated steering wheel is required as part of the Cold Package. I would not have ordered the heated steering wheel if it were a stand alone item. I am glad it was required as part of the Cold Package. I love the Heated steering wheel! It was definitely a bonus for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I have the tow package, the cold weather package and proximity entry. The only option that didn't come with my JL that I wanted was the LED package. I have the turn signals, the Diode Dynamics clear side markers. Once I get a set of the fog lights, I'll install those and let my dealer install the LED headlights.

The Tow Package comes with the AUX switches, you'll probably want to have those.

The heated steering wheel and seats are must have, imo. It's so nice having that warm steering wheel when it's cold.

And I can't imagine not having proximity entry.

Mine is a 2018 and I like the Safety Group. I wish I had adaptive cruise control but the blind spot monitor has saved me a couple of times.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I know now isn't the ideal time to be doing a factory order but I went that route and got exactly what I wanted, no compromises were needed. If you can handle the wait it's definitely the way I would recommend going.

Regarding the tow package, do it! Even if you're never going to tow, the pre-wired aux switches alone are worth it.

Edit: And hello fellow Charlotte area citizen!

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Cold weather group and LED package, glad I got them now. As for the one option I didn't want and still don't want it would be that pesky start/stop crap. I always forget to shut it off till the first stop, well maybe that don't qualify as an option I think all Chrysler vehicles have it now.

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I have a ‘20 Sahara. Ordered last July (Less than a week after the builds started) took delivery the first week of September.

Previous DD was ‘13 Toyota Highlander which I really enjoyed. Drove it like crazy. Already nearly 180,000 miles on it in 6 years of ownership. We still have it. ZERO ISSUES!!!! Pretty much fully loaded for a ‘13 Highlander.

So with the Sahara we wanted to do nearly the same. Which we did.

IMO the best is the cold weather / winter group. Was not expecting it but it extends the timeframe of when you can really enjoy panels off and windows down. Adds time in the fall and allows us to take advantage earlier late winter early spring because the added features.

Also love the tow package, LED light Group & Alpine sub.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Am I going to regret not ordering either of the safety groups? It’s a short 2-door and between the backup cam and my mobility, I thought I could manage without radar sensing.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Am I going to regret not ordering either of the safety groups? It’s a short 2-door and between the backup cam and my mobility, I thought I could manage without radar sensing.
I ordered mine without the safety groups and am happy with my decision. The backup camera is great (I swear the cam on my ‘20 is better than the one on my ‘19). I can see the lane assist could be helpful with mobility issues if turning to check lanes is hindered.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
You will regret not getting the safety group. The advanced safety good is good and bad. Adaptive cruise is nice but I could live without emergency braking
Sponsored