nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

I’ve looked thru all the other threads.

Like the title says.
What’s the lowest avail. For the mopar steel bumper that will fit over my smitty x20?
Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I’ve looked thru all the other threads.

Like the title says.
What’s the lowest avail. For the mopar steel bumper that will fit over my smitty x20?
I have the mopar one with the mopar steel bumper and the smitty x20.

j2xGgr1.jpg

The similar warn one is a lot cheaper (at least when i was looking) but it's a bit higher and more importantly to me, it's a bit wider so it can interfere with access to the tow hooks.

mlkmet88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler JKU Sport
I have the mopar one with the mopar steel bumper and the smitty x20.

Jeep Wrangler JL What’s the Lowest bull bar available j2xGgr1

The similar warn one is a lot cheaper (at least when i was looking) but it's a bit higher and more importantly to me, it's a bit wider so it can interfere with access to the tow hooks.
Did your Mopar grille guard come with torx45 replacement screws? Mine did not. Just the bar in the box. The instruction pictures imply you throw away original screws and install new ones which seem they should have been included. Also, My OEM steal bumper has three screw that the base of the new grill guard will cover, but only two screw holes for the bar. Did you simply remove the third screw and cover up the empty screw hole?

Mopar OEM steel bumper.jpg

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Did your Mopar grille guard come with torx45 replacement screws?
Also, My OEM steal bumper has three screw that the base of the new grill guard will cover, but only two screw holes for the bar. Did you simply remove the third screw and cover up the empty screw hole?

Jeep Wrangler JL What’s the Lowest bull bar available Mopar OEM steel bumper
Mine had the new bolts in the box when it came. I'm not really sure why they have you replace them though because the bolts that come out are more than long enough to go through the fasteners in the bumper.

The bolts that are under the bracket on the grill guard should line up with the holes in the ends of the guard and should be left in if you don't remove the plate for the winch closeout. If you remove that plate, then it wouldn't matter.
Sponsored