What’s something it took you a while to notice on your Jeep?

sentience

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid
Occupation
[email protected]
The front fenders are an unbelievably effective road debris trap. Just noticed the sheer number of small rocks, leaves, pine needles, and dead bugs (I think?) stuck between the classis and fender. Cleared both, and smeared some super lube in there until I can install some peelable sealant or tubing to fix.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
This is perfect. Thanks for saving me the research.
Its a well-known design issue with the JL! I also put rubber tubing in the cracks of all four fenders and they work amazingly well keeping all kinds of shit out. Take them out 2-4 times a year to clean them and also clean out the cracks from any trapped dust and put them back in and you’ll be good to go!

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Its a well-known design issue with the JL! I also put rubber tubing in the cracks of all four fenders and they work amazingly well keeping all kinds of shit out. Take them out 2-4 times a year to clean them and also clean out the cracks from any trapped dust and put them back in and you’ll be good to go!
Are either of these products you guys use very noticeable at a glance? Have any pictures of them installed?

I just cleaned mine off after playing in the mud and found a bunch of tiny rocks down there.

any tips on how to get them out easily?

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
Are either of these products you guys use very noticeable at a glance? Have any pictures of them installed?

I just cleaned mine off after playing in the mud and found a bunch of tiny rocks down there.

any tips on how to get them out easily?

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
This was the video I watched that made me order the tubing. Easy to slide down and works great.

Unless you really look you never know they are there.

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement