Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mr. Curtis! We are doing fine. How are you and your family? Is your son still in Jax?
We are good. Staying safe. Yes, my son is still in Jacksonville. He stopped roaming beaches in his Jeep some since he has a girlfriend now. He still roams a few beaches but with her now. lol Loving my Jeep more and more these days. Stay Safe !!
Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This is an interesting thread...and I’m stoned on Percocet so it makes it even better. I had surgery on my leg today, not a pill head.

I definitely get where you’re coming from @Roky I did the same thing with precision rifles. I’d build them and test them and shoot them until they’d shoot better than 5” groups at 1000 yards...then I’d put it in the safe because I liked the journey more than the destination. I probably have 15 rifles that can shoot out to 1500 yards and one to a mile. But I’m burnt out and rarely shoot anymore. It was like having another job.

if I were you, I would look at a getting a total beater Jeep and starting over. You can buy and mod those for cheaper and the journey might be more rewarding. Maybe go in a different direction than your JL? Anything to get out of the house right? Good luck buddy.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
This is an interesting thread...and I’m stoned on Percocet so it makes it even better. I had surgery on my leg today, not a pill head.

I definitely get where you’re coming from @Roky I did the same thing with precision rifles. I’d build them and test them and shoot them until they’d shoot better than 5” groups at 1000 yards...then I’d put it in the safe because I liked the journey more than the destination. I probably have 15 rifles that can shoot out to 1500 yards and one to a mile. But I’m burnt out and rarely shoot anymore. It was like having another job.

if I were you, I would look at a getting a total beater Jeep and starting over. You can buy and mod those for cheaper and the journey might be more rewarding. Maybe go in a different direction than your JL? Anything to get out of the house right? Good luck buddy.
Great rifle story there ! Totally get it ! Hows the leg ,what did they do to it? Not a big Percocet fan, got anything else you can send me ?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks man .... that's cool about the rifles. Another Jeep or a 70s FJ 40 is being knocked around but we’ll see.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Ouch! Good luck with your leg. The Percocet will help and don’t forget the Miralax.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Great rifle story there ! Totally get it ! Hows the leg ,what did they do to it? Not a big Percocet fan, got anything else you can send me ?
Four screws, two in tibia and two in ankle. Feels much more stable now and I can start putting weight on it in two weeks as compared to 8 weeks in a cast.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man .... that's cool about the rifles. Another Jeep or a 70s FJ 40 is being knocked around but we’ll see.
Roky, my first off-road vehicle was a ‘73 FJ 40. How I wish I had kept that beast.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, my first off-road vehicle was a ‘73 FJ 40. How I wish I had kept that beast.
I hear you brother, I kick myself everyday for selling mine I restored back in the day, it was a ‘74.........:facepalm:

D3ADBD34-89B3-4066-B66D-16D21FB7FA80.jpeg
Sponsored