Sponsored

What’s in your Rear Cargo Space?

Deleted member 59498

Oh then have a 3lb bag of almonds (good energy) 2 Pack of real wool socks, big parka, backpack with tools, zippo lighter and 20oz of fuel for it. 2 water bottles, first aid kit, good boots. Little ridiculous but it is Alaska. Unforgiving when you make mistakes. And of course a letherman knife and a Kbar. Sorry not paranoid just a little weird :)
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
AR15 slung on the back. Well at least the webbing for it. Real AR15 also full stock 20 inch heavy barrel, not m4. Fine shooter :)
Your AR fits in that little bin?

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
There is also some hidden extra storage space where the jack hides, er, is stored. I put my big socket wrench, breaker bar, and various stacked sockets in individual, rolled-up, reused Amazon plastic bubble wrap envelopes (to keep them dry and rattle-free) and laid them lengthwise in the storage area. You do have to leave a clear area for the depression in the middle of the jack storage cover.

This freed up space in the rear cargo area for items used more often.

Agreed, there is a lot of space in the jack space. A member here was able to fit a 6 ton bottle in lieu of the stock scissor.

I recommend pplacing a Zerust capsule or tab; I find that some water almost always gets in there when opening the tailgate in heavy rain. Zerust capsule inside the cubby too, if you're keeping tool in there.

@Greymatter I've got way too many tools and things in the cubby to list off the top of my head, it fits a lot, but I recommend getting the Mopar liner tub for it. It takes up almost no space, lets you take everything out at once, and doubles as a sink.

@rent You can buy the tub right now and experiment with what fits. When the jeep is finally delivered, you can bring it along and drop it right in. I'll bet the dealer would be surprised.

I also recommend bags to separate your items. That's how I've managed to cram so much stuff in there, yet am still able to find everything. I use one large, fitted, waterproof(ish) bag inside the tub, then several bags to sort things by catergory.

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Small inflator, jumper cables, gloves, shovel, first aid kit, flash light, trash bag, reflective vest, knife, small plastic blue tarp, bungee cords, and the Jeep tool kit.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Oh then have a 3lb bag of almonds (good energy) 2 Pack of real wool socks, big parka, backpack with tools, zippo lighter and 20oz of fuel for it. 2 water bottles, first aid kit, good boots. Little ridiculous but it is Alaska. Unforgiving when you make mistakes. And of course a letherman knife and a Kbar. Sorry not paranoid just a little weird :)
Paranoid? Sounds underequipped for Alaska.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Paranoid? Sounds underequipped for Alaska.

Agreed. Missing the Sailor Boy Pilot Crackers.

@Greymatter for tools, getting rid of the blow molded case is helpful.

I can carry full set each of slim open ended wrenches, 3/8 sockets, pass-through sockets, flare nut crows feet, and extentions and adapters in a relatively small (heavy) bag, with room to spare:
Jeep Wrangler JL What’s in your Rear Cargo Space? 20210911_142414

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Love that the Jeep came with the hidden cargo space under the floor. Looking for insporation on what to store in there.

Let’s see some pics of your storage space.
Nice try, but I'm not going to tell you what's in there. That's where I hide all the valuables.

(Actually, it's just smelly old trail tools and a couple shackles).

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Leica Ultravid binoculars, either my Canon 5d2 or 80D and other tidbits. I have a small air compressor and decent jumper cables I keep under the back of my front seats.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Agreed. Missing the Sailor Boy Pilot Crackers.

@Greymatter for tools, getting rid of the blow molded case is helpful.

I can carry full set each of slim open ended wrenches, 3/8 sockets, pass-through sockets, flare nut crows feet, and extentions and adapters in a relatively small (heavy) bag, with room to spare:
Jeep Wrangler JL What’s in your Rear Cargo Space? 1631387492393
The wire gizmo through the sockets is a really good idea!
I've seen tool rolls talked about in these forums, very expensive tool rolls, but for my occasional use I'm going to try one of the real cheap ones on ebay.

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
A wide variety of stuff. Tow strap, jump starter, air compressor, tire seal, bungees, fake can of WD40 for $$ stash, hard copy GA map, head mount flashlight, wipes n such, breaker bar, and last but not least…snacks.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Mine has a first aid kit, a rolled up blanket, some paracord, and a set of jumper cables.

With Christmas coming up, I really need to read through some of the threads on here as to specific hand tools to get. I have a small toolbag already, but I don't want to pull from my garage set (cause then they'll be in the Jeep but not in the garage)*

*Yes, most likely if I'm needing them, it's *for* the Jeep but I still like having a full set in the garage and Jeep-specific ones. That way I always know where they are.