Sponsored

What’s in your Rear Cargo Space?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Mine is essentially useless because the giant ass muffler.
Still deciding what I can fit in it.

LanceMagnum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Those cells should not be mounted on their sides. You see any capacity issues mounted like that?
I have not, they have been in place for about a year and a half and about 15K miles without any issues. The spec sheet for these cells said they can be in any orientation but upright is preferred (the safety valve up). I have about 1" of foam underneath them as a shock absorber.

Sponsored

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Love that the Jeep came with the hidden cargo space under the floor. Looking for insporation on what to store in there.

Let’s see some pics of your storage space.
No pic's but the very first thing I put in there was an air compressor followed by a tire repair kit. I've got a tool kit I've carried for many years, keep it in an old WWII canvas bag, rides nice an quiet. Never carried a tow strap, but I damn sure don't want 50 ft of chain rattling around so I might pick up a strap today.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Do you have your rig organized on an excel sheet?

Yes everything in the Jeep is split into sections by bag, box, etc. and then is written in a spreadsheet which I laminate and keep in the Jeep so I remember where things are. I carry a lot of stuff so it helps me out quite a bit.
You're far to organized for me. I'm the guy who drives 300 miles to an archery hog hunt and forgets his arrows.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
AR15 slung on the back. Well at least the webbing for it. Real AR15 also full stock 20 inch heavy barrel, not m4. Fine shooter :)

Then some bags for tops are something.
Carried a bolt rifle for years and just recently started carrying an AR. When you run into a sounder of feral hogs the shooting gets pretty fast and hectic.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
Oh then have a 3lb bag of almonds (good energy) 2 Pack of real wool socks, big parka, backpack with tools, zippo lighter and 20oz of fuel for it. 2 water bottles, first aid kit, good boots. Little ridiculous but it is Alaska. Unforgiving when you make mistakes. And of course a letherman knife and a Kbar. Sorry not paranoid just a little weird :)
One of my best friends in high school has lived there for the last 50 years. It's just a whole different world up there and you better be ready for it. Love going up there but I'll keep my roots planted in Texas. I don't mind a little cold but y'all get ridiculous! :)

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
In my rear cargo space:
Various hand tools, air compressor, bag of rubber duckies, ball of twine, golf balls, golf tees, golf gloves… :LOL:

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
At the moment, my disc golf bag and my skateboard safety gear. And a towel.
:)
Disc Golf! My cousin got me started in that around 92 and I still play. At my age they used to call us Grand Masters, now they just call us the Grumpy old Geezers. Still throw a pretty good score down from time to time. My cousin and I placed 3rd in the Amateur World Nationals in 94 and 2nd in 2004. That game is hard on knee's and elbows, OK old age doesn't help.

Keneds

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I’m supposed to be picking up my new JLU Willy’s within the next week but could someone please tell me how much space there is between the closed tailgate and the front seats with the back seats folded down? First post btw! Thank you. Ken

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I keep a HF moving blanket, jumper cables, Ryobi impact wrench, AC inverter + cables, HF tarp, and a rolled-up fleece blanket.

I have a roll-up toolbag bungied to the side in the rear as well.
Sponsored