First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I had a Ram Rebel with a Hemi. Power was great. Gotta 3.6L eTorque JL now. Aside from the crazy cost premium and reduced MPG of the 392, are there any other downsides to consider? I know speeding tickets is one - lol.
Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Maybe lower range per tank and more expensive parts/service? And perhaps the risk of breaking driveline components if you’re not careful with the loud pedal.

Otherwise, I don’t see many downsides. I think it’s a little overpriced, but if you don’t mind paying to play, it looks like a helluva rig.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Only available with the wrong number of doors.
If Jeep had stuck with 2-doors, the Wrangler would still be a niche vehicle with low sales and little to zero options, like it was until 2006.

The better 4-door model, objectively, has increased sales to where the profits are allowing cool options now like V8s, diesels, factory lifts, factory 35s, factory 4.88s, etc.

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
If Jeep had stuck with 2-doors, the Wrangler would still be a niche vehicle with low sales and little to zero options, like it was until 2006.

The better 4-door model, objectively subjectively, has increased sales to where the profits are allowing cool options now like V8s, diesels, factory lifts, factory 35s, factory 4.88s, etc.
And what does any of that have to do with the 392 or Xtreme Recon not being available on 2 doors?

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,

The better 4-door model, objectively, has increased sales to where the profits are allowing cool options now like V8s, diesels, factory lifts, factory 35s, factory 4.88s, etc.
wxman you are still my forum hero (along with ROKY)

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
You’re kind of forced to have an optioned-out Jeep. The scat-pack guy (and no doubt others) would prefer cloth seats and fewer electronics. I think some prefer a simpler jeep, even if price isn’t the issue. (For some it is indeed about price.)

I would have liked to get a black hard top and fenders. Not an option.

Overall though, it is fantastic.

MandrewSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392
MPG isn't the issue...Range is the main drawback. The 392 should really have a 30-35 gallon capacity. Maybe Long Range America will have a solution in the future.

Some parts/upgrades may take a little longer to hit the aftermarket. Same thing happened with the EcoDiesel but most lifts/upgrades/etc. now have that option.

Maybe life of axles/etc. if you are hard on the fast peddle...but you can upgrade those.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I don't see it being a safe vehicle at the speed the engine can produce.
It's great for straight lines and race to the next red light but i wouldn't want to do major speeds and cornering with it...... just a guess I don't have one. 🙄

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Weight and weight distribution.
Even with the added weight it doesn’t hesitate to do wheelie if you get on it. I can only imagine how a 2 door would do

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
None. Not one. Like seriously. Theres no downside. Eats gas. Who cares. 4 door only. Big whoop. Got the balls, push the petal to the floor. Got bigger balls.. throw in the pc78 and tazer mini. Enjoy.
Sponsored