Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I am actually trying to decide if I want to keep this one for the rest of my life... or take advantage of the resale value and trade it in every couple of years.

I've got the basic Sport with manual locks and windows... and it really doesn't bother me. I do wish it had navigation, but that's something I can fix on my own.

My last several cars have been luxury vehicles... and I haven't really missed the extras.

The 392 would be cool, but I'm not spending $40-50k more just so it sounds better. The 2.0 is fast enough.

I'm content. I've got anxiety and depression, and content is a nice feeling. Not in a hurry to change things.

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
Are you sure you even want a Wrangler? 🤔
Ha ha,
I'm fairly content with my 19 but this thread asks the question, so there ya go.
The JL model is getting a bit long in the tooth, so hopefully Jeep reads these types of threads and pays attention to them.
In future models, I think Jeep should save some money and drop all the cutsy little "easter eggs" in exchange for something, anything more functional...for those that want em they could offer an "easter egg option" and charge $500 for it, maybe include a neat decoder ring or something for people to play a game with on their Iphones like pokeman or something, but I digress...
Hence my desire for useful, modern improvements like HUD, more supportive/comfier and cooled seats, quieter cabin, paddle shifters, loud exhaust switch, and more.

Sponsored

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
It was a 392 with XR option for me to dump my 4XE. I know my wife’s 4XE will go once magneto comes out.

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
How about a cool TAN LEATHER INTERIOR instead of the out-dated sweaty Model T Black?
Tan would go really well with most all of the current exterior paint colors, and my next model year purchase (2024) desired exterior color...red!
Not just the seats, but the dash, carpet and door panels in a light tan too.
Those worried about dirt, could still chose trusty old black...
Hey Jeep are you listening???

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ha ha,
I'm fairly content with my 19 but this thread asks the question, so there ya go.
The JL model is getting a bit long in the tooth, so hopefully Jeep reads these types of threads and pays attention to them.
In future models, I think Jeep should save some money and drop all the cutsy little "easter eggs" in exchange for something, anything more functional...for those that want em they could offer an "easter egg option" and charge $500 for it, maybe include a neat decoder ring or something for people to play a game with on their Iphones like pokeman or something, but I digress...
Hence my desire for useful, modern improvements like HUD, more supportive/comfier and cooled seats, quieter cabin, paddle shifters, loud exhaust switch, and more.
Nope, NOT a Wrangler wish list, maybe some CAR would fill the Needs

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
Downsized from a 2020 unlimited to a 2-door 2023 Sport S.. Have always had 2-doors and basically now that I am alone after losing husband, dad, and mom
I don't need all that space.. Smaller wheelbase is great too,, Just enough for me and my dog

Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Already on my second JL but I'm keeping this one unless they release a 6-7 seater option like their concept. We are a family of 6 which makes the JL hard to use in a number of instances, especially offroad trips.
You can a third row. I have one it works great. Seats 7. Fits Two kids in the back or one adult.

As for the topic, I’ still own my 2008 JKUX I bought brand new. Runs like a top with 168k miles on it. So far nothing has been offered that’d get me to switch. If I wanted a better engine a swap would be cheaper than buying a new one, and the same applies to just about any part of it. It gets groceries one day just as well as it gets through challenging terrain to get to your camping spot the next. What else does one need? Came without cruise control so I’m adding it myself soon. eventually Same with the back up camera. That goes on soon. No infotainment, manual locks and manual windows, tpms is disabled….Perfect. Get about 18mpg. Great rig. I have so many memories with it it’d be hard to let those all go. And with the kids out of the house my wife and I sold the camper and made the Jeep into.an amazingly comfortable and practical camping and overlanding rig that we sleep in. So we have many more memories to make in it. We love that thing.

Last edited:

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You can a third row. I have one it works great. Seats 7. Fits Two kids in the back or one adult.

As for the topic, I’ still own my 2008 JKUX I bought brand new. Runs like a top with 168k miles on it. So far nothing has been offered that’d get me to switch. If I wanted a better engine a swap would be cheaper than buying a new one, and the same applies to just about any part of it. It gets groceries one day just as well as it gets through challenging terrain to get to your camping spot the next. What else does one need? Came without cruise control so I’m adding it myself soon. eventually Same with the back up camera. That goes on soon. No infotainment, manual locks and manual windows, tpms is disabled….Perfect. Get about 18mpg. Great rig. I have so many memories with it it’d be hard to let those all go. And with the kids out of the house my wife and I sold the camper and made the Jeep into.an amazingly comfortable and practical camping and overlanding rig that we sleep in. So we have many more memories to make in it. We love that thing.
Any details on the seat? Fabricated or bought?

shane h.

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR (mine), '21 Hellayella JLUR (hers)
I plan on keeping my 19 JLUR for the duration. I can find no fault with my choice of vehicle and options.

Depending on what the "progressive" bunch do with or against internal combustion engines, I may be so inclined to grab a new ICE Rubicon just before the bell tolls ending the ICE era. I'll be the one up top making miles while the EVs pull out their solar panels to grab a charge so they can get back home.

And if this happens, I hope I can get a 2 door ICE Ruby then. I'd really like to have a 2 door to play with. In Mojito Green please.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Depending on what the "progressive" bunch do with or against internal combustion engines, I may be so inclined to grab a new ICE Rubicon just before the bell tolls ending the ICE era. I'll be the one up top making miles while the EVs pull out their solar panels to grab a charge so they can get back home.
Coincidentally, we're having a tangential conversation on a motorcycle forum regarding the eventual decommissioning of Suzuki's evergreen dual sport bike. It's carbureted and doesn't have a catalytic converter, and for years now it has just come in under the wire wrt the related exhaust emission limits.

This model exited the European market for such reasons many years ago, and was withdrawn from sale in Australia just recently. As soon as the EPA moves the regulatory goalpost, it'll leave us, too.

I say all of that because I've toyed with the idea of buying a last-model-year bike to keep in storage until I want to put it in service, if only to maintain access to its bulletproof simplicity. Given the chance, how many of us would de-techify our Wranglers as they exist right now?
Sponsored