Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
That is a very cool look, but in reality, how much better is that over a regular "Unlimited"?
I could give a damn about the "look".

There is much more room inside compared to an Unlimited. If you are living out of your vehicle for a week or so that extra room makes all the difference.

And the extra wheelbase length would make it ride and handle a bit better also.
Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Rescue Green making a return, the manual still being available in the Sahara with full time 4wd, and uconnect 5. I'd order today

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Pretty sure I'll enjoy my jeep until I die.

But in a mystical, magical, fantasy world, a better option for me would have been a 2 DR Rubicon 4Xe with XR. Never happen because there is not enough real estate for the batteries and I doubt the lawyers would ever allow a higher lifted 2 dr out of the factory.

Also, in that same world, a 2 DR Rubicon 392 with XR would create a LOT of mental problems for me. Again, never happen so I am safe.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just make a 2dr Gladiator, then my 2dr JL is on it's way out :) The top one looks perfect, but the bottom one would be perfect for my needs, damn they are sexy beasts!

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1661103719784

Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 1661103757987

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just make a 2dr Gladiator, then my 2dr JL is on it's way out :) The top one looks perfect, but the bottom one would be perfect for my needs, damn they are sexy beasts!

An extended cab Gladiator would likely fit on the JLU frame perfectly.

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
An extended cab Gladiator would likely fit on the JLU frame perfectly.
Actually the other day I saw a 2 door I guess gladiator. I couldn’t tell if they got a 2 door wrangler and made a bed, or if they got a gladiator, cut the cab, and bobbed the bed. Custom hardtop too that fit it looking OEM. It was a bit too long for it just to be a 2 door wrangler and a bit too short to be a a gladiator they cut the back half of the cab out.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I could give a damn about the "look".

There is much more room inside compared to an Unlimited. If you are living out of your vehicle for a week or so that extra room makes all the difference.

And the extra wheelbase length would make it ride and handle a bit better also.
I think what you meant to say was : "I couldn't give a Damn about the look". By you saying: " I could give a damn about the look", well, that implies you do care about the way it.looks.

But, I think I know what you meant. If length and room is what you want, and you don't care about looks, why not pimp up a Gladiator for Overlanding??

BTW, There is one kickass looking 1970-1973 Range Rover, that is in my area. The guy has it all decked out for Overlanding. It is so well built, it looks straight out of a 4x4 auto show, with custom fenders, 35+ inch tires, and a lift kit. It sounds like it has a good old fashioned big V8 in it. He must have $70-80,000 in it. I drool, every time I see it.

Last edited:

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
As my avatar says. I always want another Wrangler.
When I bought my 2018 Jlur it was to be my last one. I’ve not had any issues with it and I’m still on my factory batteries. What would get me to buy a new one.
1. New uconnect radio, my gps no longer works. But don’t really care since I have CarPlay.
2. More comfortable seats.
3. Less 50 shades of gray
4. I like the sky top but I‘ve never driven one. I would hate to have leaks. I wouldn’t want to replace it when it broke. Not if but when and it will break.
5. My next Wrangler will likely have the Selec-trac Full time 4wd system.
6. I can say for a fact I will not buy any Wrangler with the Advanced Safety Group.
7. I’m happy with the 3.6 pentastar engine. It’s plenty powerful for me. Do I like the 392? Sure but don’t need it.
8. Get rid the auxiliary battery.
If they satisfy my list and have Gecko color back I would give Jeep my money again.
I love Smudge the Cat...

Sponsored

Mitoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Crystal Granite
Not quite the same here, but I decided to trade my JT Rubicon for a JLU Willys because having a truck is nice, but I need one much less often than I thought I would. As the trade-off means piling groceries inside the backseat with my 10 year old, since it is my daily driver and sole vehicle, I am opting for the larger interior space. On a side-note, I'm going from Rubicon to Willys because I realized much later that I'd like that not only is the Rubicon package too many features for the little bit off off-roading I do here in FL, but that there are aftermarket versions of all the Rubicon-specific features that are much better anyways. My JT was my first Jeep, so I didn't know any better. Since I can just add those features later if needed, it seems wasteful to spend an extra $8-10k on it now.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Won’t happen. I got the lifetime unlimited Mopar warranty with my 2018, and it’s pretty much a weekend warrior anyway since I have a work car and my wife has her SUV. I’m already planning on seeing my 5yo and possibly 1yo daughters driving the old school cool jeep to school.

Go_Galt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
-Forced induction option with 2-door AND manual.
-20% larger fuel capacity on 2-door.

Other than that, no real interest into any future tech/whizbang options.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
  • Longer 2 door w/ bigger fuel tank
  • Portal axles option
  • 2 door Gladiator
Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? 41C7FB6C-51AA-4E0A-B9AD-1D009B18B6D8

Agreed! If they ever did this, not sure I could pass it up.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
A front camera. I'm selling my 2021 JLR for a new one with a front camera.
Sponsored