Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This Jeep is my dream Jeep. Built exactly the way I wanted it. Everything I couldn't get in my first Jeep a decade ago. I don't think I'll ever part with it. It would take a helluva lot to want to trade it in.

An all electric Jeep with very good range, though, would probably be the only thing. As it stands, once the JL is paid off I'm planning on adding an EV to be my daily driver. If there was a 2-door fully electric Jeep that could get 200+ miles on a charge, I'd be on that in a heartbeat. I'd much rather buy that than give my money to that shitbird Elon Musk or buy one of those cookie-cutter 'crossover' EVs.
Sponsored

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

You bought a new, near fully-loaded JL for only a couple of thousand more than a used base stripped model? With a bad Carfax as well? I would have thought the delta would be well over $10K.

Well played. You can only get away with that attractive scenario during these crazy economic times.
It was fully based on the insane used car market. I paid 30k for it, and sold it for 31,500 to a ford dealer. They were well aware of the accident too. MSRP on my new JL was about $39k and with Gupton I was at just about $35k and then I had a factory Jeep direct marketing incentive of $1,750 bonus cash. So yeah, $31,500 to $33,250. The only thing that fucked me was sales tax since I sold my old one in IL and bought one in TN.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
A naturally aspirated gas engine without the eTorque system, in gobi, XR package, for the same price I paid for my ‘20 JLUR (at 8% below invoice).

This will never happen.

Shadow Creek

First Name
JE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU
Lifetime warranty. Way back when I worked for a dealership there was one that came in that had near 300k miles on it but it was the original owner and still had the lifetime warranty so just about anything it needed got taken care of. I love my Jeep but I would definitely consider starting over if I could get one with the lifetime warranty.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Probably nothing. I just bought the 5 year warranty extension! I've just barely broken mine in at 3 years and 6k miles lol. So nope. Nothing.

When they've figured out how to make a good EV wrangler, maybe then. But even then I'll probably keep this one.

Actually, I take that back. There is _one thing_ that would make me trade in my Jeep for a new one.

If they called me up and told me I could get a new 392 for $50k or something. Like some kinda crazy deal I couldn't refuse lmao.

Even then, I think the 392 has way too much power. I would've rather had a 5.7L. I like V8s but I don't need a super fast 0-60.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I would get a 392, if I had the cash to pay it off. My 2019 JLU has 19,000 and I wouldn't worry about gas mileage.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
392 XR Or 4xe XR, but in Orange and with 37's in the XR package. And not $100k.
Probably. I know most of the other stuff (like audio upgrades, etc) is catching up in Wranglers so eventually, that will all come. It would have to be enough to actually tilt the scales for me. I keep mine forever.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Said it before and I'll say it again. Only way I see myself ordering a new Jeep is if this "Overland" concept ever makes it into production. Now that I'm retired I could see myself putting a lot of miles on one of these...just enough room for all my camping gear.
Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? EA61B990-A433-477D-B408-1290B46F2660
This looks like something AEV would do to a Gladiator. I’m not an overlander but I dig this.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Said it before and I'll say it again. Only way I see myself ordering a new Jeep is if this "Overland" concept ever makes it into production. Now that I'm retired I could see myself putting a lot of miles on one of these...just enough room for all my camping gear.
Jeep Wrangler JL What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...? EA61B990-A433-477D-B408-1290B46F2660
That is a very cool look, but in reality, how much better is that over a regular "Unlimited"?

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
My 2019 JLU Rubicon 4 cylinder turbo came loaded with almost all the options except for the Advanced Safety Group (no-brainer stuff, which I don't like anyhow) and am very happy with it overall.
To get me into a new Rubicon, Jeep would need to offer:
Cooled front seats
Paddle shifters as in the 392 model
Inline 6 Cylinder, IF it had better mileage AND more power than the 4 cyl turbo...which probably won't happen...
Dual Clutch Transmission
New color
And maybe the 392 loud exhaust switch...

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 JLU Rubicon 4 cylinder turbo came loaded with almost all the options except for the Advanced Safety Group (no-brainer stuff, which I don't like anyhow) and am very happy with it overall.
To get me into a new Rubicon, Jeep would need to offer:
Cooled front seats
Paddle shifters as in the 392 model
Inline 6 Cylinder, IF it had better mileage AND more power than the 4 cyl turbo...which probably won't happen...
Dual Clutch Transmission
New color
And maybe the 392 loud exhaust switch...
Dual clutch transmissions are proved to suck in off-road conditions. The constant slipping of the clutches overheat and restrict their use on the trails.

TFL has tried different transmissions. Their ranking for off-road use is:
  1. Conventional automatic transmission
  2. Manual transmission
  3. Dual clutch automatic transmission
  4. CVT

Morejeeps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Cherokee ‘18 Jlur
As my avatar says. I always want another Wrangler.
When I bought my 2018 Jlur it was to be my last one. I’ve not had any issues with it and I’m still on my factory batteries. What would get me to buy a new one.
1. New uconnect radio, my gps no longer works. But don’t really care since I have CarPlay.
2. More comfortable seats.
3. Less 50 shades of gray
4. I like the sky top but I‘ve never driven one. I would hate to have leaks. I wouldn’t want to replace it when it broke. Not if but when and it will break.
5. My next Wrangler will likely have the Selec-trac Full time 4wd system.
6. I can say for a fact I will not buy any Wrangler with the Advanced Safety Group.
7. I’m happy with the 3.6 pentastar engine. It’s plenty powerful for me. Do I like the 392? Sure but don’t need it.
8. Get rid the auxiliary battery.
If they satisfy my list and have Gecko color back I would give Jeep my money again.