Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I actually don’t want the 2dr wheelbase to increase. It’s to big now. They make the 4 dr for those who need more room etc. if you need bigger or faster I think you need something else. IMHO. The cj 5
was squirmy but you could even get a v8. Maneuverability was great off road. But to each his on. Today everyone wants to take there house with them. You can’t do that in a 2dr. However they do make some nice off road camping trailers as I’ve seen some forum members have, and they pull easier/safer with the long wheel base 4 dr.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The LJ was only 103.4" wheelbase; 171" overall. Cargo volume was 28; 63 cu ft.
The JL is 96.8" wheelbase; 166.8" overall. Cargo volume is 31; 72 cu ft.

The JL is pretty much an LJ.
+1. The JL already looks like nothing so much as a mildly trimmed down LJ. Given the stop-gap mission brief of the latter, and particularly the material difference in two door vs. four door sales, the business case for a stretched two door doesn't seem to really exist.

Absolutely nothing. I love mine and wouldn't trade it. For anything.
Also my answer. I've one of those seemingly rare Jeeps that have been trouble-free since Day One. Sans exigent circumstances, it ain't going anywhere.

Now, if the new inline turbo 6 is managed the same way as the 2.0T -- the engine is "free", just pay a bit too much for the corresponding transmission -- yeah, I'd probably be tempted to trade up.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Wider? Yes. Heavier? Absolutely. More heavy duty...? Doubt it, given the rate at which Bronco owners with only a few thousand miles report breaking tie rods, knuckles, fuel pumps, oil pumps, window regulators, engines, etc.
Yeah idk about that. But on paper it is designed to be a heavier duty truck. The 2 door bronco has a much better payload and towing capacity than the 2 door JL. It is a bigger truck, it is not a jeep.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I actually don’t want the 2dr wheelbase to increase. It’s to big now. They make the 4 dr for those who need more room etc. if you need bigger or faster I think you need something else. IMHO. The cj 5
was squirmy but you could even get a v8. Maneuverability was great off road. But to each his on. Today everyone wants to take there house with them. You can’t do that in a 2dr. However they do make some nice off road camping trailers as I’ve seen some forum members have, and they pull easier/safer with the long wheel base 4 dr.
Increasing the wheelbase to 100inches and throwing 35s on it from factory would be pretty cool and it would still look and feel about the same. But yeah it is pretty nice as it is.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Turbo 6, Dana 60s, upgraded steering components, 3.5"+ lift that can articulate well, 37s on real beadlocks, true skid plate system, steel bumpers that aren't trash and don't look hideous, tire carrier upgrade that upgrades the hinges too, better oem rock rails and don't forget the snorkel so I can find my beastly rig in the bed bath and beyond parking lot. 😉

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot, there is a company that does JLL and JKL conversions iirc. They cut your 2 door apart and add some length, custom tops I would assume would suck for price though.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The new 3.0l hurricane is enticing, but only if some of the ongoing quality concerns are addressed; especially the paint issues. Would like an EV but range will be too constrained in something as inefficient as a wrangler. The current 4xe has a battery nearly 1/4th the size of that used in a Tesla Model Y —- but the range is only 1/12th of the MY. Too much wind and tire resistance to be feasible at this point…and probably the foreseeable future.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
-Mojito paint, or tan premium half door uppers
-60s
-turbo i6
-better front seats
-2018 pricing

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The supposedly under development then shelved, for the TRX-426- with at least a D50 upgrade.:like: Preferably with a new XR INXS 37 pkg in Plum Crazy, but I’ll settle for XR and Reign 😊
Sponsored

Last edited: