Sponsored

What’d make you trade your JL for a new one...?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeah. I have owned 2-door Wranglers before
1660939446456.png

1660939477703.png

1660939654762.png

1660939711765.png
The JLU looks great though. There was something wrong with the JKU. I dont know what it was but they looked funny. The JLU looks like a Jeep. Plus you dont get that feeling the jeeps gonna flip up front when going downhill lol. I hate that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
2-door with ~400HP/TQ at a reasonable price (not 392 money). There's probably more of a chance the 2-door will be discontinued completely before that actually happens.
This is actually why I decided to keep my 2 door 2.7TT Sasquatch Bronco reservation. For me my Bronco fits that bill. And with a longer wheel base. Bone stock it makes 330hp and 415tq. With a tune around 400hp and 500tq. And Ford is offering a factory performance tune for it under warranty soon. Although honestly the stock power is more then enough for off roading.

I doubt Jeep will ever offer anything with that much power for the same price. I hope they do eventually but if the 392 is any indication it's not happening.

Last edited:

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This is actually why I decided to keep my 2 door 2.7TT Sasquatch Bronco reservation. For me my Bronco fits that bill. And with a longer wheel base. Bone stock it makes 330hp and 415tq. With a tune around 400hp and 500tq. And Ford is offering a factory performance tune for it under warranty soon. Although honestly the stock power is more then enough for off roading.

I doubt Jeep will ever offer anything with that much power for the same price. I hope they do eventually but if the 392 is any indication it's not happening.
The bronco is a lot more heavy duty truck. Wider and heavier.

Reactions: J0E

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Can’t drop the seat if you have passengers. 2dr is passengers OR cargo, and I have both frequently.
I am telling you I am going camping with 3 people. I have passengers. And a bit of cargo lol. Oh. And a trailer 😂

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
With all of the clutch exploding talk, hell I'm tempted to do it now - if I did.......it would be a Willy's XR in Earl maybe Hydro Blue (which I have now).

Probably an even swap money wise for a '21 JLUR. Long term - if I thought I could get away with a 2 door, I'd love the Magneto concept.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The bronco is a lot more heavy duty truck. Wider and heavier.
Wider? Yes. Heavier? Absolutely. More heavy duty...? Doubt it, given the rate at which Bronco owners with only a few thousand miles report breaking tie rods, knuckles, fuel pumps, oil pumps, window regulators, engines, etc.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Wider? Yes. Heavier? Absolutely. More heavy duty...? Doubt it, given the rate at which Bronco owners with only a few thousand miles report breaking tie rods, knuckles, fuel pumps, window regulators, engines, etc.
This is so over exaggerated in the forums. Tie rods breaking are mostly from Einsteins throwing 40s on without upgrading and sending them , engines were a batch of bad valves from a 3rd party supplier during Covid-19(fixed already), same with the small crop of fuel pumps, haven't heard much about window regulators.

I can name all the known issues stock Jeeps have but I won't. With that said I'm out to find out which is the better vehicle in the long-term. Im now a new owner of both and in the end after future years of ownership im either going to be a Jeep Wrangler fan, a Bronco fan or a fan of both. Right now I'm starting out as a fan of both. I hope it stays that way. But ownership and time can change that. Well see what happens.

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Already on my second JL but I'm keeping this one unless they release a 6-7 seater option like their concept. We are a family of 6 which makes the JL hard to use in a number of instances, especially offroad trips.
You dont need a jeep, you need a monster schoolbus.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Deeper pockets would be undoubtedly required, but since we’re BS-ing amongst friends…
I6TT putting out 400+ HP, the current XR package or beef it up to 37’s with 4.88’s and axels and RR 2.5 shocks. I’ll stick with the same JLUR size, it works well what I do. Like the idea of color matched interior that another member put down.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The new center screens coming in a couple years are going to be awesome.

Other than that, adaptive cruise control is an option that wasn't available when I got mine and I'd get Ocean/Hydro blue otherwise not much enticing me to trade in.
Sponsored