I could give a damn about the "look".That is a very cool look, but in reality, how much better is that over a regular "Unlimited"?
Actually the other day I saw a 2 door I guess gladiator. I couldn’t tell if they got a 2 door wrangler and made a bed, or if they got a gladiator, cut the cab, and bobbed the bed. Custom hardtop too that fit it looking OEM. It was a bit too long for it just to be a 2 door wrangler and a bit too short to be a a gladiator they cut the back half of the cab out.An extended cab Gladiator would likely fit on the JLU frame perfectly.
I think what you meant to say was : "I couldn't give a Damn about the look". By you saying: " I could give a damn about the look", well, that implies you do care about the way it.looks.I could give a damn about the "look".
There is much more room inside compared to an Unlimited. If you are living out of your vehicle for a week or so that extra room makes all the difference.
And the extra wheelbase length would make it ride and handle a bit better also.
I love Smudge the Cat...As my avatar says. I always want another Wrangler.
When I bought my 2018 Jlur it was to be my last one. I’ve not had any issues with it and I’m still on my factory batteries. What would get me to buy a new one.
1. New uconnect radio, my gps no longer works. But don’t really care since I have CarPlay.
2. More comfortable seats.
3. Less 50 shades of gray
4. I like the sky top but I‘ve never driven one. I would hate to have leaks. I wouldn’t want to replace it when it broke. Not if but when and it will break.
5. My next Wrangler will likely have the Selec-trac Full time 4wd system.
6. I can say for a fact I will not buy any Wrangler with the Advanced Safety Group.
7. I’m happy with the 3.6 pentastar engine. It’s plenty powerful for me. Do I like the 392? Sure but don’t need it.
8. Get rid the auxiliary battery.
If they satisfy my list and have Gecko color back I would give Jeep my money again.