First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Saw this in Addison/Elmhurst Illinois, just outside of Chicago. And I have to wonder who’s at fault; the dealership that installed the spare tire cover or the driver who can’t see out of the rear view camera? I felt like pulling beside them and trying to get their attention but also figured they’d think I was crazy for trying to help.

3DD1601D-45A1-463C-8FCF-190A8F327CFB.jpeg
Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Saw this in Addison/Elmhurst Illinois, just outside of Chicago. And I have to wonder who’s at fault; the dealership that installed the spare tire cover or the driver who can’t see out of the rear view camera? I felt like pulling beside them and trying to get their attention but also figured they’d think I was crazy for trying to help.

You made the right choice given that it's Chicago. As my favorite adages goes, " The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If they bought from Wickstrom
You made the right choice given that it's Chicago. As my favorite adages goes, " The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".
Wickstrom tends to sell to a certain clientele. Cross the street into Barrington Hills and there are houses in the 20,000-40,000 Sqft range. This isn't the Chicago you see on TV.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
If they bought from Wickstrom

Wickstrom tends to sell to a certain clientele. Cross the street into Barrington Hills and there are houses in the 20,000-40,000 Sqft range. This isn't the Chicago you see on TV.
It’s a rich area? You’d think rich people would be the most picky and discerning about all the little details and features of their shiny new Jeep. You’d also think they’re the most likely to notice the absence of a reverse camera considering they’ve had them in their cars for over a decade. I’m still getting used to having one after 7k miles because my previous jeep was a ‘94.

So apparently this person thinks that the screen goes black when in reverse... to avoid having distractions on the screen... which may cause an accident? That’s the only thing I can come up with.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It’s a rich area? You’d think rich people would be the most picky and discerning about all the little details and features of their shiny new Jeep. You’d also think they’re the most likely to notice the absence of a reverse camera considering they’ve had them in their cars for over a decade. I’m still getting used to having one after 7k miles because my previous jeep was a ‘94.

So apparently this person thinks that the screen goes black when in reverse... to avoid having distractions on the screen... which may cause an accident? That’s the only thing I can come up with.
No, they'll be making an account here in the next few days bitching about their $60k Jeep having a black screen when there's supposed to be a back up camera there. Maybe we should just tell them to lower the psi on their tires and make sure the fuses are all seated :giggle:

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Wickstrom tire cover
Wickstrom license plate
Wickstrom decal

I think they got it at Wickstrom.
You win the interwebs today. Made me laugh with the observation! Thanks

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
What’s wrong with this picture?

0739C96D-5F47-4591-96CB-97394C62E5EB.jpeg
Based on the front license plate it appears to be the up and coming German rapper Der Chromkampf.

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban

And what's more, that thing is so crooked!!! I couldn't drive that around, my OCD wouldnt let me.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Many years ago I arrived in a major city by plane that we all know (and I don't want to mention because it's a great place, I don't want to trash it, and this could happen in any major city) where there was a notice at the rent a car counter that read something to the effect of:

'Please do not flash your lights at night in courtesy to other motorists with their lights off. It's gang initiation season and prospective members, as a test, have been ordered to shoot at vehicles which extend this courtesy.'

That experienced stayed with me....much as I flagged down a motorist leaving the big orange store yesterday with his trunk open. Fortunately he appreciated my warning him and thanked, rather than shot me.
Sponsored